It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboarding thwarted attack on Los Angeles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I read that raping the children of the suspected terrorists was totally effective in getting them to talk. Should we legalize baby rape now? You don't want to die do you, well do you? Without baby rape we are all going to die in terrorists explosions and stuff, I totally read about it fox news so it must be true.

You people make me sick.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Al-Queda terrorists are trained to yell torture even if they are not. They are trained to do this because they know our media will believe them.

Physical abuse is torture...Mental abuse is not.

We waterboard our own in training...half of the stuff I went through in just 2 days of Special Forces assessement and selection phase could be considered torture. The physical toll was nothing compared to the mental stress they put you under.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You're comparing willing training to being captured and tortured for weeks or months almost everyday? That's a bit of a stretch.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We really ought to go about our business like we used to before all the MSM coverage.

Get the job done, however neccesary... Quietly...

Then forget it happened.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think we need to be checking cspan, or what not and see why the MSM, is trying to distract with this passionate story. I think the last admin. had to decide between the lessor of two evils, to protect America.. I think allot of people with this Passionate yet fair, and your American right, should go back and watch some 911 footage. yet its your right to disagree, and its ok.. Seriously thou whats really going on?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by platosallegory

The Central Intelligence Agency told CNSNews.com today that it stands by the assertion made in a May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that the use of “enhanced techniques” of interrogation on al Qaeda leader Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) -- including the use of waterboarding -- caused KSM to reveal information that allowed the U.S. government to thwart a planned attack on Los Angeles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

And I'm supposed to believe this? Why?

Don't believe anything in the MSM, especially when it is coincidentally so convenient to a major current issue.

It's not the left that's dangerous, it's people who believe what they read in the MSM and take the smoke screen on reality as fact.

You are a classic case of media conditioning, spewing the lies fed to you through your state controlled media conditioning system.

The left are a danger? Who exactly are these of left that you talk about? Let me let you in on a secret, you're all dangerous! Dangerous to those of us who don't want your world of left and right, black and white, constant wars to maintain control of resources and power, hate created by the MSM, lies created by the CIA, centralized governments working for the rich, your slave labor system...

What came first, the terrorist, or the collapse of the Ottoman Empire?

"If Kuwait grew carrots, we wouldn't give a damn."
Lawrence Korb, assistant defense secretary under Reagan, as the U.S. prepared its massive military assault on Iraq in 1991.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

You're comparing willing training to being captured and tortured for weeks or months almost everyday? That's a bit of a stretch.

It's not torture! It's enhanced interrogation. You want torture? Try being captured by Al-Queda or the Taliban, then you will see what torture is all about.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

It's not torture! It's enhanced interrogation. You want torture? Try being captured by Al-Queda or the Taliban, then you will see what torture is all about.

any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a male or female person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

If you can't accept the basic definition then no wonder you can't handle the reality of us making use of torture. You're deliberately sticking your fingers in your ears and drowning out rational thinking with "la,la,las".

[edit on 21-4-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Would you rather have 1 person that had bad intentions hurt or tortured or one innocent person or more killed??

To someone with out there head in the clouds its a simple answer..

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Try being captured by Al-Queda or the Taliban, then you will see what torture is all about.

But that's ridiculous. We shouldn't be in their country to begin with.

Remember is was the US and it's allies that invaded their country (illegally and based on lies btw).

The Allies have been in the ME controlling it's politics since the collapse of the Ottoman Empire. It was the UK, and France, that divided up the ME into the countries it has, with no input from the people who lived there.
They purposely did this to make the ME easier to control. Then after WWII the US stepped in and took control of the ME, using the lie that it was about stopping Soviet domination.

So anyway my point is your, 'they're worse than us so it's OK' is BS, and shows an extreme lack of sensitivity to the issues, and a total lack of historical prospective.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
the thing I might say next might be bold but everyone who thinks that this news is true might be a possible "agent"

I don't trust people who think that all laws may be burned for homeland security.

go sign up folks

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Grey Magic]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Right. This guy is part of a movement that has no shortage of people willing to drive an explosives-laden vehicle into a crowded marketplace and then detonating themselves, as well as everybody else in a 10 meter circle, but, if you threaten one of them with death-by-drowning, suddenly they are willling to renounce their religious fervor and spill everything to the interrogators of "The Great Satan". Like I'm sooo friggin' gullible that I'll buy that premise. Many of those people were videoed while they were tortured and sick #s like Donny Rumsfield received those videos and they were shown to Donny and some of his sickest accomplices as circle jerk fodder. These guys are beyond sick and we gave them carte blanche to live out their wildest fantasies, and, bucko, they did exactly that! I am related to people in the know, and they have told me that the Abu Ghraib photos that were reluctantly released to a horrified nation were really just the tip of the iceberg. Abu Ghraib was a factory for sodomy videos that were delivered to many of the higher ups in the Defense Department. The official explanation for these depraved vids was that revealing them would motivate the concealed terrorists into taking action and exposing themselves so that we could effectively round them up and bring peace to Iraq. I suspect that the real reason for these videos was purely for the pleasure of a few elite and very sick men who get off on rape fantasies.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CityIndian

Try being captured by Al-Queda or the Taliban, then you will see what torture is all about.

But that's ridiculous. We shouldn't be in their country to begin with.

Remember is was the US and it's allies that invaded their country (illegally and based on lies btw).

The only ridiculous thing I see is the Blame America First attitude. Now we have a Blame America First President who is hellbent on undoing all the things Bush did to keep this country safe.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Would you rather have 1 person that had bad intentions hurt or tortured or one innocent person or more killed??

To someone with out there head in the clouds its a simple answer..

Please explain how my "head is in the clouds". God forbid I adhere to the actual laws of the land. If raping an enemy combatant was the most effective way to gain information you probably wouldn't condone it, but people try to dress up terrible acts of torture as if they are not physically and mentally damaging enough to warrant calling them torture and then they try to use the justification you're using.

No, I would not want to torture for those reasons, it is not even the most effective method. Just like I would never condone police torturing suspects to find a missing child. One could make the same argument that you make: wouldn't you want the scumbag tortured to save the life of or find the body of a child? The answer would still be NO, no, no, no. Because that's not how we do things in a society where such brutality is not even the most effective method and often leads to more harm than good. Not to mention those who get caught in the torture happy crossfire.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The planned attack on LA is about the same as the liquid bombers, or the dudes that were going to blow up the Sears tower. All made up fake BS to keep the idea of terrorism alive and well. Oh yeah did I mention that the CIA made up "Al Qadia" entirely?

It is sickening that anyone actually believes this tripe.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am torn, but I don't think that what we have done is "torture"...water boarding? I don't know, that's up in the air. But using insects because the prisoner was scared of them, or tossing them into a collapsible wall...those are far from torture in my book. When I think torture, I think bamboo under the fingernails, cutting off toes, stretching, shocking, etc....water boarding maybe torture, but I would say that if it is, it is on the very very very low end of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I agree with the entirety of your posts on this thread.

America should not torture anyone ever, and the Constitution and Bill of Rights should always be observed and adhered to.

*That so many members condone the use of torture saddens me....

...It must be the propaganda working it's magic - so many have been desensitized to the point where they actually support, promote and condone acts of torture being perpetrated in their name. Pathetic.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The only ridiculous thing I see is the Blame America First attitude. Now we have a Blame America First President who is hellbent on undoing all the things Bush did to keep this country safe.

But again that's just garbage. Safe from who? The big bad boogie man terrorist? Don't you realize that it's all made up bullcarp?

Unfortunately America is going to get blamed because history shows that America, along with it's allies IS TO BLAME for most of what is happening in the ME.

As I asked before, what came first the terrorist or the end of the Ottoman empire? Look at the history bro. Everything that's happened in the ME since the OE collapsed is connected.

Instead of getting defensive, and ignoring the facts of history, you should be trying to do something about it. But it's easier to ignore your own countries wrong doings, believe the propaganda, and just blame everyone else, isn't it?

Blind patriotism is not healthy for the mind, or society.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Obama: waterboarding is a morality issue

me "sir what about your stance on partial birth abortions??"

Obama: Hell naw, kill em all.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I find it rather interesting that it is only now, in the face of heavy criticism, that they suddenly remember that "Oh yeah...we thwarted an attack on Los Angeles". Seems rather like a case of perfect timing to me.

Why, if such an attack was to be discovered, was it not reported at the time and the public made aware? Why is it only now, when the techniques are being questioned, that this information is made public? Seems like a massive coincidence to me......

I call big fat bollocks on this one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join