It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboarding thwarted attack on Los Angeles

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
What are you people doing here? You really think these so called terrorists they show you on CNN are real? Or a threat to you? I can't believe the naivety.
I thought most people here knew that all this BS wasn't real...that's why you post here.

You should be more afraid of your own government or police, because at least they are here with you and not holed up in a cave overseas. Cmon smarten up people and know you're being played like a cheap fiddle.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
JohnSky, you hit the nail on the head!!

Using any sort of torture to achieve any end is like F*#$ing for virginity!!

Can America not see that the whole terror campaign was planned?

Freedom begins within - if one is conned into believing that one is under attack, freedom will never be attained.

Stop hiding behind the Bush (Syndrome) and come and live in PEACE.

PLUR

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Any administration that would resort to torturing another human being would also resort to lying as well as inside treason (911, stolen elections etc)

Once you step over certain boundries of human decency you have simply stepped over the line of being a civilized human vs a savage.

Problem, reaction, solution.

Create: a problem that instills fear within the people. It doesn't have to be 100% true, just so the people buy it.

Reaction: Stand back and watch people come to your planned reaction from the fear you created. Fear is a good one, fear manipulates people so easily. Many times even a "good" person will do things or agree to things they normally wouldn't out of fear.

Solution: Offer the people the solution (your solution) so that the masses you wish to control come to the conclusion you have led them to and ultimately agree to your agenda.

Fear is a powerful emotion. Fear can drive even a decent man to step over the line of being humane that is why dictators use the tool of fear time and time again.

However, once you step over certain lines of decency, you can never go back.

I wonder how many of these people that sanctioned the torture and how many of these people that carried out those orders blindly without question were "Christians" Just a simple question. Funny how people can justify their actions.

For all you Christians out there, what would your Jesus say?

Does mankind ever learn?

----------------
Love is always creative, fear always destructive.-- Emmet Fox.

What if what they really want is for us to herd children into stadiums like we're doing? And put soldiers on the street and - and have Americans looking over their shoulders? Bend the law, shred the Constitution just a little bit? Because if we torture him, General, we do that, and everything that we have bled and fought and died for is over, and they've won. They've already won!. -- Denzel Washington. The Siege (1998).

The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear.-- Gandhi.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by platosallegory

Any administration that would resort to torturing another human being would also resort to lying as well as inside treason (911, stolen elections etc)

I wonder how many of these people that sanctioned the torture and how many of these people that carried out those orders blindly without question were "Christians" Just a simple question. Funny how people can justify their actions.

For all you Christians out there, what would your Jesus say?

Does mankind ever learn?

----------------

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ofhumandescent]

Maybe you should read more of what he did say. He said some would be turned over to the tormentors for their sins. He also used a parable about certain being brought before the king and slain right in front of him for their misdeeds.

The Jesus you refer to is some modern mythical urban legend Jesus.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
To all you panzy's out there. Our Special Ops GO THRU THESE TECHNIQUES as part of their training. You comparing simulated drowning to being beaten with electrical cords, having fingers & limbs cut off, or your eyes goudged out - just shows what a bunch of little girls you are. You have NO IDEA what real torture is. Because if you do, then you are not only panzy's, you are then traitors. Get off our side. You make the rest of us look weak.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LukeSki

AsK Daniel Pearl's wife if Terrorists are real! The people on this site don't trust Gov't because of the stupid things they do - like creating a $$$ system that is SURE to fail and get us into a One World Government. Now your backing the Governments decision to curb our protection as though Obama is Anti-Gov't? What the Hell are you smoking?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I would just like to ask any members of ATS that are either active or former Marine or from a special forces unit of the US military, that underwent Evasion and Escape Training during thier training for combat to prepare them for situations where they get caputured by the enemy. It is my understanding that what the interrigators did, is very similar if not the same things they did to our soldiers as a part of training.

And I still am flabbergasted that what the lefties consider "torture" is slapping around, sleep deprivation, "high stress" positions! And where were they when the terrorists beheaded, desicrated, burned, beaten, etc etc etc, our soldiers and humanitarian workers!?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I would just like to ask any members of ATS that are either active or former Marine or from a special forces unit of the US military, that underwent Evasion and Escape Training during thier training for combat to prepare them for situations where they get caputured by the enemy. It is my understanding that what the interrigators did, is very similar if not the same things they did to our soldiers as a part of training.

And I still am flabbergasted that what the lefties consider "torture" is slapping around, sleep deprivation, "high stress" positions! And where were they when the terrorists beheaded, desicrated, burned, beaten, etc etc etc, our soldiers and humanitarian workers!?

The freaking interrogation techniques were developed from the SERE program. They're almost identical in nature.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Highground

Thank you for proper term acronym.
I know that what we do is protect our soldiers, and if we do it to our soldiers for training then its fine for the terrorists!

So practically we were torturing our own soldiers for years and years and the Dems didnt know about it?

You see how retarded and uneducated the Democrats and these "human-rights" activists are? Geeze I mean how can I, a civilian, know more about the military than a politician thats been there for ages?

NOw we are in some serious trouble cause now the terrorists know exactly what we do, and they can condition their operatives and "soldiers" to withstand such techniques!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The training is similar, but it is not allowed to be discussed in detail.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So your solution is to be just as unethical as our enemies, correct? There are ways to get information without torture, that's what the secret services are for.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Question for the Tuff Guys here,please.If by a(drunken) confession by "W" or some absolutely incontrovertable evidence like Cheney's safe popping open and dumping all the beans,it came suddenly clear 9-11 WAS an inside job,no doubt,would you advocate this sort of treatment to cause the conspirators to also give it up?If as part of the scenario there were other even worse attacks planned for immediate execution?After all the Spectacle 9-11 seems to be the basis for the passion here.The reason I ask this is that I do think it was a New Pearl Harbor like event but I don't want to torture those guys.Well maybe a polygraph/aversion machine where the bigger the lie,the higher the voltage...

[edit on 24-4-2009 by trueforger]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Have you ever once thought, maybe, just maybe, your "values" and your "beliefs" are out-of-date. Your comments and your sig (nice quote there, guy) belay a "tea-bagging-esque" ignorance of fact.

If you EVER want to be taken seriously, try to do your research outside of Fox News and Newscorp.

After reading all of your posts on this topic it is apparent that YOU are a sheep for the Conservative States of America. I graciously await your secession from my Union. Yinz guys can have Texas.

-A

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

But how exactly is this torture?

How can you compare any of this, which is derived from actual military SERE training techniques, to what AQ and other militant extremists do to their prisoners? ie cutting off body parts, breaking bones with hammers, setting people on fire, quartering them with vehicles, beating them to death, cutting off heads on the internet and sending it to Tv stations, putting hot irons to bare skin, strangulation, pulling out fingernails, mutilating genitalia, using power drills on the body, plucking out eyes, shooting, pouring acids, cutting off tongues, raping, brutalizing, putting bamboo shoots under fingernails, making small cuts all across the body, tying arms behind and hanging from the ceiling, desecrating the body, etc etc etc, to name a few off the top of my head. This is true torture, like what McCain went through.

How is this comparable to getting slapped around the face or belly, simulated drowning, high stress positions, sleep deprivation, fake slam into a wall, wearing panties, or being naked? How is making someone uncomfortable in a controlled environment in a controlled manner = to torture? Hell I'd rather be forced to wear panties and waterboarded than having my head cut off or limbs or any of the above mentioned true torture.

These are hardened men who are trained to kill you and to take as many of you as possible with them. There is an interesting saying: Sure they are willing to die for their cause, but are they willing to take a red-hot poker up the @$$?

heh, in a way, rather than killing them, lets make them think we are going to put them through hell. Sometimes you have to squeeze a little to get them to talk. And some only understand fear and pain, to nice chit-chat. and that is how things were done at Gitmo and other places, but usually done to those that were of true intel value. But now, the terrorists know exactly how we did things, and now what? Are the Dems so naive to think that the terrorists wont condition their operatives to be able to withstand our interrogation techniques?

Our soldiers are trained to do so. So are theirs. Now, they know exactly how to train theirs better thanks to Obooboo and the rest of limpwristed democrat party whiners wanting to be "nice" and politically correct to the rest of the world.
While we are at it, why dont we tell the terrorists where all of our forces are located, what radio frequencies they use, and everything else to help them?

[edit on 4/24/2009 by GenRadek]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Interesting take on the concept, of 'torture' and how it relates to 9/11.

This is where the 'inside job' theory of 9/11 seems to fall apart...I'm surprised no one has noticed before.

IF Bush, Cheney and company are complicit in 9/11, WHY were they so keen to rush to these torture techniques?

Oh, and in case it hasn't been mentioned before, the premise of the OP is incorrect...the Bushies lied about the timeline re: the 'thwarted' LA 'attack'.

As to 'Waterboarding"....here's some perspective:

[edit on 4/24/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah, Yeah. Just because they keep saying it doesn't mean I will believe it anymore than I did the first time I heard it. I'm pretty sure if ANYONE is being water boarded they will make up a villain to make the +orcher stop. I guess, if this is the case, then we were indeed protected from this imaginary villain. I don't even think there are any +errorists out there, it's just a way to continue the war until everyone's afraid enough to accept the chip and give up the sovereignty of their country. P.S. Don't take this chip, GOD has forewarned us that Hell awaits those who accept the mark of the beast. I know, someone will come on and claim there is no god and religion this and religion that, but it still doesn't negate that 2000+ years ago we were warned in Revelations 13 about this and well, the chip is here. Type into google search engine "Digital Angel" or "Alien Technology" (look for anything by AlienTechnology.com)......no, really this is the business' name.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
IF Bush, Cheney and company are complicit in 9/11, WHY were they so keen to rush to these torture techniques?

To get confessions...

If other individuals can be tortured and made to confess, Bush and Cheney greatly reduce their chances of persecution.

Having those individuals be of the same culture and religion as the countries you plan on invading - that helps with the propaganda.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I'm sorry, Exuberant....really???

So, by your tortured logic....

(correct me where I get it wrong...)

Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, et al....'planned' 9/11.

THEN, years later, hope to 'capture' and subsequently 'torture confessions' from men who will ultimately absolve Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, et al....????

Is THAT the premise of your argument?

THEN, this same 'Bush cabal' orchestrate a 'fake' LA attack...which they claim to 'bust' by use of the torture techniques....but, the timeline doesn't corroborate their claims....since the 'torture' orders post-dated the alleged events....oh, man....it gets so convoluted....

This increasingly complex scenario just becomes more and more difficult to manage....

Oh....here's the interesting part!!!! Why LA? I mean, a seriously more important target would be somewhere else, no???

Grasp, grasp, grasp at anything to support the notion of some sort of A) Government complicity in 9/11 and, B) The valiant effort (since debunked) of 'torture' to have deflected the non-existent LA Attack in the first place.

BUT!!! IF the attacks were designed, from the start, BY the Gov't, as many Conspiracy Enthusiasts proclaim....then WHY the obvious, and illegal, efforts by the Bush Administration to TORTURE those that they have captured???!!????

EITHER the Bush Admin did it....and, by default, KNEW everyone involved....or, they DIDN'T and were being almost Nazi in their endeavors to find the perps.

WHICH is it?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is embarrassing for you neo-cons, the truth of this story has already been questioned and it's not looking good for you. So it turns out it's just business as usual with you people, nothing but BS seems to come out of your blood stained lips. You are a cancer to this country and to freedom.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

That's a bit....ermmm...well 'draconian', isn't it, "DraconianKing"??

Anger....let it go, let your logic prevail.......

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join