It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboarding thwarted attack on Los Angeles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Waterbording thwarted attack on Los Angeles

www.cnsnews.com

The Central Intelligence Agency told CNSNews.com today that it stands by the assertion made in a May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that the use of “enhanced techniques” of interrogation on al Qaeda leader Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) -- including the use of waterboarding -- caused KSM to reveal information that allowed the U.S. government to thwart a planned attack on Los Angeles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-4-2009 by platosallegory]

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think the left in this country are dangerous. We are dealing with guys who will cut off heads and try to kill as many americans as they can and they are complaining about a guy getting water on his head.

What good are some liberal ideals if we are blown to bits?

Being in a room with a bug is not torture. We can't play patty cake with these guys.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Yea, you talk a good game plato but I would like to see if you change your mind if it was done to you or your family. It involves a little more than some water on his head.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, I think we should legalize torture then and get it over with, how about that ?

I think police, malls security, park rangers and airport security in USA should be allowed to torture suspects anytime they deem it necessary too, it's not fair that just militarry and CIA can do it

And, no, using tasers is not torture same way water boarding isn't

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

and they are complaining about a guy getting water on his head.

After hearing from actual former POWs on this site I beg to differ. You are oversimplifying this issue and that is just as "dangerous" as "liberals" view points.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

We can't play patty cake with these guys.

Then how about doing something that actually works? What do you say to interrogation experts that tell you torture isn’t the most effective option?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig
I would like to see if you change your mind if it was done to you or your family.

It is highly unlikely that the poster you are discussing this with has any intention of engaging in terrorism or in acts that will cause massive death and destruction. Therefore, he/she wouldn't ever be put in a situation to have to be water-boarded.

Oh .... and neither would his/her family.
The families of the terrorists weren't waterboarded either.
I don't know why you brought that up.

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Then how about doing something that actually works?

According to this article .. it DID work.

MY POSITION on waterboarding ... it's torture and we shouldn't be doing it.
(even if the people we waterboard really are just vile scumbags)

[edit on 4/21/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
War is a dirty messy business.

In reality, there are no rules for war craft. To win, you kill more of the enemy before the enemy kills you.

I'm sure that many of the techniques that are being discussed in the main stream media are very unpleasant.

However, when you consider the people that you're trying to get information from, perhaps it is worth it. You just need to make sure that you identify the correct scum bucket before you add water.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Amen. People kick and scream for the torture test no matter how many lives it saves. But if an attack occurs, they will kick and scream why intelligence agencies couldn't stop the attack. What a pack of morons.

This reminds me of Jimmy Carter. The idiot. He did the worse thing ever during his presidency to the intelligence community. Carter passed a bill that requires intelligence agencies have every "asset" pass a background check.

How stupid is that?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yea, you talk a good game plato but I would like to see if you change your mind if it was done to you or your family. It involves a little more than some water on his head.

I have family and friends in LA so i'm damn glad the Bush administration did what they did in order to prevent 3,000 more Americans from being killed.

And for the record I would feel the same way if the Obama administration did the same thing.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Anjin]

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
They "thwarted" a "planned" attack.

Yet they never told the public. Until now. Yeah..., that works.

These guys are covering their asses and there is no one to call them on it. The lies begin now..., they probably defeated Satan too!

Torture is not a reality TV show. Until YOU are subjected to it, you will never know. Talk to some victims of 'domestic torture' (kids, battered spouses); maybe you'll get an inkling of what it is to be subjected to willful abuse.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Have you considered how you would feel if we had "terrorists" in custody that could have been coerced into tell us about a terrorist attack but because our hands were tied we didn't question them and then, some of your loved ones got killed?

That certainly makes me think.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

There are many places an american POW could pray that all he had to endure was waterboarding. This simply isn't torture.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

There you go max. Thats just what I thought. They saved L.A. from an attack my butt. People on this site should be more aware than most that you can't believe Media or Gov't. If you believe they stopped an attack on L.A. I have a couple of towers to sell you in N.Y.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by platosallegory

"""I think the left in this country are dangerous. We are dealing with guys who will cut off heads and try to kill as many americans as they can and they are complaining about a guy getting water on his head."""

I disagree. Picture your worse nightmare, now multiply it by a 1000.
Have you ever heard of Chinese Torture?
It's been around for hundereds of years.....where small drops of water drip on your head, and eventually you go insane....Bananas!
If this method of torture wasn't useful, then it's fair to say that it's pointless.
That being said, it's against world law to torture ANYONE!
If you alllow yourself to think that actions like this are okay, sooner or later even local level authority will be torturing people for mistermenaors, trying to reveal who sold them the twenty sac of weed.

IMO, it's gestapo sh*t.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
They "thwarted" a "planned" attack.

Yet they never told the public. Until now. Yeah..., that works.

These guys are covering their asses and there is no one to call them on it. The lies begin now..., they probably defeated Satan too!

Torture is not a reality TV show. Until YOU are subjected to it, you will never know. Talk to some victims of 'domestic torture' (kids, battered spouses); maybe you'll get an inkling of what it is to be subjected to willful abuse.

Why would they tell the public before now?

Anyway watch some You Tube of dozens jumping to their death from the WTC and consider that something like this may have been thwarted with info gained from waterboarding.

Obama should consider some certain cases of domestic loss "of moral bearings" before he jumps off on this issue.

I wonder if his buddy Ayers has admitted that he lost his "moral bearing" once upon a time. Or Castro. But then maybe Obamas trying to set the example before he starts preaching.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I agree with some of the posts on this thread.

How can they protect the country with one arm tied behind their backs?

What Obama is doing is political and now those who would kill as many of us as they can can prepare for capture and they know the limitsof interrogation and can prepare.

This is a disaster.

Four former C.I.A. chiefs recommended against it as well as the current C.I.A. head. You don't give this info to people who want to destroy us.

If we get attacked, what are these liberals going to say? We lived up to their silly ideals even though bombs are going off everywhere?

How will you get info from a terrorist? Ask him to pretty please tell us what's about to happen?

So the left would rather have thousands of Americans killed instead of pouring a little water on the head of a terrorist? This makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I recall something about vans loaded with explosives being using on the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco and someone shooting up an El Al airline counter in LAX. That's all that comes to mind out thatta way since 2001. Some specifics on the first might be scrambled since it has been 8 years.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

According to this article .. it DID work.

It’s bound to work and be effective sometimes, I’ll agree with that, but it is still not the most effective choice, which makes it futile in my mind. There is no need for it if other methods work better, however even I will admit sometimes we may pay for this, because other methods may not get the answers as quickly as watering boarding, but most of the successful results appear to happen months or weeks after we started water boarding the captives.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

yeah we need more torture.OK so it might be against international law & go against the "quaint" geneva convention but lets face it they're just "god damn pieces of paper"

i say we pull in random muslims off the street and give them a quick torture of some kind. Preferably psychological becuase thats just not torture anyway! sure the mental scars might last for life but thats their problem.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by yeti101]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join