It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SIMON Johnson Testified in Congress today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You guys this is very important IMO

Finally someone got in front of congress and basically told them that they are corrupt and bending us over because of their ties to the financial oligarchy......he was a Former director at the IMF and he penned what has been going around the internet Last week or so called "the quiet coup" www.theatlantic.com... seach here for the thread ......it's pretty unanimously a "must read" and is in simply terms i can understand. That could be read as a background but is not necessary

The transcript is in a PDF formula on Congress's website i believe

but here it is layed out on someone called "zero hedge's blog spot
zerohedge.blogspot.com...

it deals with what to do in this crisis and how to untangle the web of favoritism and B.S that keeps the congress obedient to the financial oligarchy instead of the citizens although he says these things in a way that is more politically correct.

I hope every congressman pissed themselves and hopefully they get enough mail, phone calls to resign....just because they have not fullfilled their duty in 20 plus years does not mean they shouldn't eventually be sent out on their asses.....human nature should tell them that what they get away with during good times....will bite their a%%es when times get ruff......that's just the way it is....basically people become less willfully ignorant because the joy of the economic good times has worn off and their is no bliss to be ignorant anymore.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow man why the hell wasnt THIS on CNBS? Instead the show crap on there. I hope video comes out on this because this is big. This guy laid it on the line!!!!! I hope congress was paying attention and I hope this makes video and spreads like wild fire!!!!! Great find.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm impressed.

The question now remaining is what, if anything, will the congressional place holders for the financial cartel actually DO?

Most, nearly all actually, are crippled without the support of the financial cartel. The political party (you know the one, the Republocrats) can't function without their revenue. And that revenue is dependent, largely, on how happy the transnational (actually supranational) corporate cartel combine is.

All of them are meekly submissive to the interests serving the money masters.

And the 'political system' they have nailed into place, allows no outsiders.

How can an American (a real one, not a corporate one) get into the halls of power and effect change?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Max good post.........pretty much we are F$$K$%

but in reality the finacial behemoths maybe zeroing in on New Groups of consumers maybe china...or....

and when the corporate Defaults start pilling up in 2010 (as a disturbing amount of corporations who secured funding in 2006-07 for a few years) can't get new financing at rates they can afford unless there is a highly unlikely turn in the job market AND the debt overhand over consumers they will likely turn their attention toward China or simply they will USE their political LEVERAGE to do things like this

www.google.com...

and consolidate power and gain $ by influencing "tests" that weaken the "smaller" but large regional banks while the carnage from the Commercial real estate crash may eat up the many small banks...

I think we (who have a willing mind to let us see) are watching a coup of sorts and that the fox's are indeed running the henhouse.......

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Congress has already made an ass of themselves by asking any banker that loaned money to raise their hand. They don’t know a thing about banking and were never required to.

Yes they are all corrupt. Congress may soon be a thing of the past if we have a global government and currency. There is only room for one dictator at a time.

The IMF basically said yesterday, that we are all screwed.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have a Mensa IQ. I tried wading thru that Horse Dung, and got thru the first all right, but quit halfway thru the 2nd. They each should have said it in one page, like Lincoln, or even our illegal alien in the BlackHouse now. They are intelligent, alright, but they do not know how to communicate.
Have you any idea what goes on in Congress during this kind of testimony? Do you think they are all sitting, enraptured, closely listening to every word? Hardly. Only for speakers such as Obamination. Testimony like this is equivalent to no testimony.
NOONE is talking about the banksters counterfeiting TRILLIONS at the public expense. NOW is the time to address that scam, when all eyes are paying attention. I guess America has no leadership, and affirmed by the overwhelming support for an illegal alien as president. But hey, he/it is related to the Bush regime.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Clicked on the link and it said that the page was not found.... do you have a link to the PDF file instead?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
one excerpt

One channel of influence was, of course, the flow of individuals between Wall Street and Washington. Robert Rubin, co-chairman of Goldman Sachs, served in Washington as Treasury Secretary under President Clinton, and later became chairman of the executive committee of Citigroup. Henry Paulson, CEO of Goldman Sachs during the long boom, became Treasury Secretary under President George W. Bush. John Snow, an earlier Bush Treasury Secretary, left to become chairman of Cerberus Capital Management, a large private equity firm that also counts Vice President Dan Quayle among its executives. President George H. W. Bush has been an advisor to the Carlyle Group, another major private equity firm. Alan Greenspan, after the Federal Reserve, became a consultant to PIMCO, perhaps the biggest player on international bond markets.

These personal connections - which were multiplied many times over on lower levels of the last three presidential administrations - obviously contributed to the alignment of interests between Wall Street and Washington.

Gregarious ..you don't need a high iq to understand this..a simple interest in politics ..economics...etc...i do wish the corruption and misguided policy's of the last few administration could be detailed in 1 page...but ...maybe....just take 5 min of your time to read several small pages of type.....not quite horse dung....

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
Clicked on the link and it said that the page was not found.... do you have a link to the PDF file instead?

here you go ......much easier than pdf also

zerohedge.blogspot.com... ........

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This guys theory - of America needing hard medicine to recover - to get rid of the Oligarchy and to quit giving Wall Street so much cache' - it has been on c-span.

One morning on Washington Journal there was a columnist for the NYT on there, and it was brought up. He disagreed with the guy from the IMF, and said, that instead, it wasn't an oligarchy, it was just stupidity.

Somehow that was supposed to be reassuring. Congress is NOT corrupt, they are just all stupid.

I thought the whole thing was funny but it just seemed to sail over people, as if they prefer our congress be stupid. We.must.not.speak.of.our.ruling.class. as being a corrupter of our govt.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
hadrianna good point people wish to believe congress is just dumb or foolish......rather than corrupt.......it's almost funny but as the economic pain increases so will people will to see ugly truths.....count on it

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
you should try and understand the catch22 the politicos have forced themselves into. They are all treasonous bastards. All of them. The good ones have died like Wellstone, Bono and JFK. These were the brave patriots that wanted change and to bring forth the truth. They are now dead. Why? Well I'll leave that to your imagination.

All Congress members, the president, the VP and cabinet members are all interconnected in one way or another. Its a big big club. And they all have dirty little secrets, and it is those secrets that hold them together whether by acknowledgement or intimidation. Congress will not straighten themselves out, nor search for ways to improve life here in the US and to secure our constitutional rights. Those days are over.

Who do you think is running the show? Obama? No, I don't think so. We live in a fascist state which is run by banks, the military-industrial complex, big pharma, big AG and big energy. But certainly there is a consolidated bunch of evil men, very rich and powerful men, that control all things. Can't you see it in everything around you?

Since there are no national (or international) leaders who are not part of "the club", we are left essentially to ourselves to fix the problem. THEY WILL NOT FIX THIS OR ANY OTHER PROBLEM TO OUR BENEFIT. History has proven itself over and over again. They might choose to throw us a bone if we become to impatient with their ways. And for most people (sheeple), that will suffice. And memories will fade, and we will be back to the same old routine.

Mr. Johnson has brought reality to Congress. And in their arrogance, they will bury this information and any considerations for change with it. They cannot change at this point. Its like being in the Mafia. You can't just get up and leave, or make changes that will harm 'da bosses" organization. That is their dilemna. They have no way out, even if they wanted one. And as we know, they have no balls either.

I hope Mr. Johnson's testimony and others is allowed to be on TV, or on the internet. This can and will add fuel to the fire for a citizen-lead movement to squash the cockroaches that are suppose to be our leaders and upholders of the U.S. Constitution. We need a new declaration. A declaration of change and a renewal of the commitment to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I'm mad as hell right now. I follow the issues very closely. And the level of corruption, fraud, deceit, intimidation and treasonous behavior is beyond my comprehension, only for the fact that it continues to go unchecked and the people of this country are not (now) in the streets demanding change and accountability.

The key point I suggest to folks is to stay focused. There are so many distractions in this world (both contrived and real) that they intend to keep you busy while they implement their changes very slowly. A perfect example of this are the Somali pirates. I don't want to belittle that issue, but my point is that they use these things to distract us. Their motto is to reign with chaos, confusion and complexity. Your life is filled with convoluted societal demands, laws and expectations issued by your government such that you have become a slave to triviality.

Focus on the real issues. Those are the issues that Mr. Johnson has laid forth, and those that threaten our very way of life and our freedoms.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Well - I read the stuff, and its shortsighted, it would be nice to think that these are local problems caused by bank execs in the US - but that's just not the case.

While I agree on his remedies - they generally will need to penetrate to the real halls of power - and that means internationally.

In terms of anti-trust laws they have to be international, and deal with the following - only with a credible US government backed by the US military could you push through international laws;
- The Central Banking network - this is the biggest private monopoly in existence. It needs to be demolished entirely - if you want to save the US - it needs to be kicked out entirely
- Media ownership - especially television
- Software ownership - especially OS's like Microsoft
- Internet, especially search engines

All these monopolies need to be broken.

Regarding the oligarchy, his conclusions that the management of these US banks is the oligarchy .. well, I don't want to be rude - but those guys are foot-soldiers, nothing more.

The real oligarchy is ensconced in the privately owned Central Banking network - the greatest monopoly in existence. If the European Central Bank can secretly transfer 35.5 tonnes of gold directly to Deutchse bank (to cover naked gold shorts) without any official or regulatory ripples - then we can see clearly the assets they control - namely IMF, World Bank, BIS and the Central Banking network - and US and European regulatory authorities are under their control.

He doesn't mention the uselessness of continuing with the current monetary system - fiat currencies need to be abolished - if you don't do that, you ultimately just slow them down for a while. If you did it locally (just the US), then you would just get bled for hard assets - it needs to be done internationally.

Any proposal that somehow Congressmen are going to be 'embarrassed', is delusional. Most are direct placements by the oligarchy, they are Zionists, this is because a strong core of the oligarchy are Zionists - this allows them to control the middle east through Israel and its nukes - and rampage all over the world using the US military.

The ruling oligarchy owe no allegiance to any nation - they are trans-national - all nations are simply resource pools to them - and banking execs are simply biological resources. Some of them actually belong in the oligarchy - but my guess is very few.

Only the US military could make these changes - likely not possible to gain support there, unless you can get a upper hand in public media.

There are a number of possibilities to challenge the media monopoly - I would suggest that inroads could be made by working with the Japanese and Chinese - both governments have a good understanding of the oligarchy in power.

Japan has been a steady disciple of the US since WWII, but cracks have been showing since the 911 attack. The Japanese cabinet was shown the tapes and have called for a proper investigation to explain major discrepancies in the official story (most of their govt now believe 911 was executed by the US). However, PM Yasuo Fukuda pushed through policies similar to the Patriot Act - so there is a minefield there.

China on the other hand has a healthy respect for the oligarchy, with a long memory of the Rothschild's opium wars (1839-42, 1856-60). They also have an extremely strong underworld (triads) who have no love for them at all, and despite being scary are likely to be business first and honorable. China have the direct overt influence to create credible pressure - and are fairly well informed as to what is going on at all levels due to the book Currency Wars by Song Hongbing which has been a recent bestseller and covers most of the facts.

That's my assessment anyhow - I'm glad this is a CT site - nothings serious here right? Don't need to look in my closet for CIA agents .. right?

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Amagnon]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well - dismantling these banks might do some good, and if the anti-trust regs are decent - they may be able to be turned against media ownership, and maybe internet giants like google and yahoo who need to be cut down to size - one can only hope.

If these regs can be made and aimed at media - then a shot may be fired for freedom.

I am not overly impressed with the admissions of congressional complicity - there is nothing specific and its a fairly well understood and publicized phenomenon.

If someone doesn't launch a direct attack on the mechanisms that lead to a corrupt congress - well, things are going to go on as always.

Lobbying by special interests is an extreme problem - as are bribes, and campaign contributions - I'm sure there are some original idea's out there how to get rid of this stuff if the US people ever get control of their government again.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
After a thorough, un-biased 'Audit' of the WWW. of the financial oligarchy, perhaps the ill-gotten gains via fraud, graft and 'other' could be Returned to the fleeced of society in that the fleeced may have the capital necessary to enjoy Freedom of Will to Purpose as per Design.

Don't worry about the bandits for they will be 'hard' to find in their End.

As Light unto Set, I'm going to enjoy the Spring of a new Creation.

But today, myself, wife and baby B. are going to explore the Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden.

'Good Day'.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Simon has been on the yahoo tech ticker for a few clips yesterday as well.....he doesn't think the U.S system will collapse like emerging economies often can (when in very similiar circumstances) and he's see's a sorta japanese style zombie banks....but one thing i wish he could be pressed on is

sure the banks may be able to zombie thru.....but what about the citizens standard of living

far and away american's have alot less savings then the japanese did going into such a crisis

far and way the american's are more indebted

and japan had the luxury or having a relatively strong global economy at that time.....now he have a world wide recession.....

doesn't look good

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Good information...I found this video of Simon Johnson, senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics, and Carlos Gutierrez, fmr. Commerce Secretary, discuss on CNBC 04-2009

video.yahoo.com...

top topics

join