It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Marlowe Murdered? And Did He Write All That Shakespeare Stuff?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Christopher Marlowe, the “father of English tragedy” and the “inventor of dramatic blank verse”, received his education at the King's School in Canterbury and Corpus Christi College of Cambridge. The mystic Francis Kett, burnt in 1589 for heresy, was a fellow and tutor of his college.
In Londen, around 1587, Marlowe started writing for the stage as one of the Lord Admiral's Company of Players. He was befriended with the famous dramatist Thomas Kyd, who shared his unorthodox religious opinions. His atheism and homosexuality brought him in great danger, but fortunately, Marlowe had some mighty friends, like Sir Francis Walsingham, Sir Walter Raleigh, mathematicians as Walter Warner and Robert Hughes and the astronomer Thomas Harriott. However, as the result of some declarations of Thomas Kyd (who was tortured), the Privy Council was investigating a number of serious charges against Marlowe. But then, in a tavern fight in Deptford, in May 1593, Marlowe got slain by a man named Archer or Ingram. Curious enough, the following September he was referred to as “dead of the plague”.
We don't really know for sure the circumstances of Marlowe's death. There is some evidence he worked as a spy for Sir Francis Walsingham, and it is possible his death was a set-up. A few months before, Marlowe got in touch with Lord Strange's Company, and may have been brought in contact with Shakespeare, who clearly wrote plays as Richard II and Richard III under the influence of his predecessor.
Marlowe has written four great plays: “Tamburlaine the Great” (1587), “Dr. Faustus” (1588), “The Famous Tragedy of the Rich Jew of Malta” (1589?) and “Edward II” (printed in 1594). Some say Shakespeare could not have written all those magnificent plays, he hadn't the education to do that... Christopher Marlowe had and he could have survived his “death”, starting a new career… as William Shakespeare.

Full story of his life and work, together with some of his famous poetry: Christopher Marlowe

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
See the Shakespeare death mask:
www.google.com...
look at far right photo and see ulcers on nose
www.google.com...
Look around at the Shakespeare statues.
Compare.
Not the same man and Marlowe died after Shakespeare
and even wrote an inscription under one of the Bards statues.
See Roberta Ballantine discoveries of Marlowe writing about
himself and life she reconstructed as a sailor for the Queen and
later as agent in the Embassy in Italy. Damage to nose I speculate
due to all the Sun as a sailor and writer with too much Sun light.

edit on 8/29/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My AP English teacher forced me to write my senior year research paper on Christopher Marlowe. I've always believed that he was murdered.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
My AP English teacher forced me to write my senior year research paper on Christopher Marlowe. I've always believed that he was murdered.

See Roberta Ballantine information on the net:
www.google.com...
here
www.marlovian.com...

His ciphers tell us: he was a sailor, his home port Dover; his natural father was indeed Roger Manwood.

The Queen had a executed criminal put in Marlowe's stead and sent Marlowe off in a boat
as an agent. Meets Cervantes and translates Don Quixote into English as found in one of
Marlowe's ciphers by Ballantine.

contents of plays tell Marlowe's story
www.marlovian.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The folio was printed 1623 after the originals were gathered up in Italy by Bacon
after Marlowe died, early 22 Nov 1621 age 57 9 1/2 months, years after Shakespeare
died 23 April 1616.

This is what Ballantine seem to indicate.
So Marlowe dies five years after Shakespeare and the plays are published.
The elites do their work again as the crown supported the illegitimate sons of
the Queen in endeavors such as the theater to put on plays and spy on the
pulse of the people. Well yeah there is always some reason. Perhaps like
mass media and internet today the word is their word as they keep tabs on
our word.
ED:
In Don Quixote, published 1612 in English, Marlowe is Sancho.
Marlowe sends work to England as someone who is not to be named
and handled by agents of the Queen.

edit on 9/2/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join