It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA's new toy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have done a search on old threads to see if there was any info on this THING.......came up empty.

www.youtube.com...

What is its purpose? Any clue?

Reconnaissance?

Transporting stuff in hostile or "contaminated" environments?

I could even picture a turret on top.!

Hmmmm>?

Here's the link to "Boston Dynamics" the company who manufactures this thing.

www.bostondynamics.com...

It appears they're pretty mucha defense contractor. I've heard of them before..
Why FEMA tho? It just raises the question if this robot isn't intended for wars, overseas, what is its real purpose, here?

Ohhhhh.! and check out the "SquishBot" on the site! Yikes.!

That's pretty bad asS!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yeah I've seen that doing some research. It creeps me out. I don't know what it is. However Boston Dynamics also makes remote controlled vehicles with guns, so maybe you can take a guess? I don't think they trace back to FEMA though, I could of sworn it was DARPA.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I could see it used to detect radiation leaks im reactors or finding source of chemical spills. Testing levels at toxic sites instead of sending in personel.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Watch the ashes is correct. It is a DARPA project not a FEMA one. I saw a documentary on this thing and it was awesome.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Once they get it electrified it will be used to resupply soldiers in the field which it was originaly designed for. It definatly has other tactical uses and unless they do something with that terrible power source it not gong to be very covert!!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Cool and creepy at the same time. I can certainly see its tactical benefits however, the possibilities for its abuse seem endless like it was ripped from the set of a Hollywood movie. How would you like to see 1,000 of those little guys marching down your street? I am sure that they can be armed to a variety of levels.

Great crowd control device. You would just have to clean up after the rowdy masses *snip* their pants.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Where did you get "FEMA" from? Even the video clearly says "DARPA" at the end of it. There was a thread about this several months ago on BFC- the general consensus was that the thing creeped everyone the hell out. With that go-kart engine going, you'd sure hear that thing coming- it's not like it would sneak up on anyone. This is just a research project to further the development of robotic mobility. Clearly, they're making strong advances in the field, but the "Big Dog" is just a very expensive prototype/ toy. What you need to worry about is when they figure out how to make that sort of thing bigger, stronger, faster, and cheaper. Then they'll be able to make real-world "Terminator" droids that can come up stairs and other obstructions to get you.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
it's come up a few times, there was even a thread discussing how to counteract them, type "dog robot" or "big dog" into the search. interesting robot, really sci-fi.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's a pretty amazing robot! Though I have a feeling I've seen this video before (though that's been happening to me a lot lately, so nevermind).

What I found most impressive was the way it could keep its balance when that guy tried to kick it over!

This is what it is:
Boston Dynamics 'Big Dog'

Crazy technology...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This project has been discussed Many times on the boards.

Big Dog discussions on ATS

Please add to an existing thread.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

top topics

join