It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-Mobile Blackout in Germany!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
About at 15:45 the entire T-Mobile Network in Germany Fell Out.
Official Speakers of T-Mobile say they do not know what causes the Problem or when it will be repaired.

UPDATE: T-Mobile stated at 18:30, that they still have not found the problem abd that the network would be working earliest around 20:00

Any Thoughts?

[edit on 21/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

terrorist... it's always the terrorist.....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have t-mobile service as well and it seems like they are always having problems depending on where you live.

Right now, I'm having problems with my internet on my phone and it hasn't been fix yet and this has been going on for about 2 weeks now.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The weirdest thing is that i can call with my cell and have full network connectivity, just that I can not call on T-Mobile, or be called

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
The weirdest thing is that i can call with my cell and have full network connectivity, just that I can not call on T-Mobile, or be called

Well that kinda sounds like a CLR problem (I think that's what they are called... call location register) basically they are big computers, in the UK the mobile company I worked for had about 50 or so (7 years ago that is)... That is where all the account info is stored, you make a call the network goes there to pull up your file so to speak.

Now when one goes down it's no real problem - everyone in a certain area will loose service (everyone who has stayed there in the previous 7 days - any newcomers to the area could still be on the CLR in the previous location)

edit - damitt!! lost half of that post... can't be bothered to re-type - sorry!

[edit on 21/4/2009 by Now_Then]

Long and short - my money would be on some computer that oversee's the CLR's

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
UPDATE: T-Mobile stated at 18:30, that they still have not found the problem abd that the network would be working earliest around 20:00

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

Sounds like someone has ran out of credit.

Pity they are not O2, they could have loaned a quid to get the message across.

I doubt this will be anything more than bad service as usual.

Being from the UK myself I am used to things like service problems etc, it just doesnt hit front pages or get mentioned at all over here as its wrong to criticise corporations for some reason.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Personally I think T-Mobile didn't want the German's to see how all the "fat Americans" are the REAL perpetrators of global warming (as seen in another thread here on ATS), so they cut them off.

Either that, or they simply talk too much.

AB1

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
its all good..

I worked with all the big UK networks for 10 years, and these outages do happen..

Not very often, but i have seen every network in the UK go down at least 5 times each over the years.

can be as simple as an analyst writing an incorrect bit of code on there billing system to bring the whole thing crashing down ( and yep ive seen this happen as well ).

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
its all good..

I worked with all the big UK networks for 10 years, and these outages do happen..

Not very often, but i have seen every network in the UK go down at least 5 times each over the years.

can be as simple as an analyst writing an incorrect bit of code on there billing system to bring the whole thing crashing down ( and yep ive seen this happen as well ).

How long does it usually take to fix this type of outage?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I personally work for T-Mobile US, and I agree that outages such as this DO happen occasionally --- if a full network goes down such as T-Mobile Germany's did, depending on exactly what happened it can take sometimes a few days. Last year T-Mobile US had a major problem with flooding of one of their Switches in Washington State... when all the calls got routed to a backup switch, it fried that switch too... it took about 18 hours to fully be back up and running.

A little patience can go a long way is the best advice I can ever give.

Even as an employee if I have an issue with my service in some way it takes the same amount of time (last issue took 30 days to resolve for one of my lines).

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
the days steven the days... i worked for T-Mobile when they where one2one...

I then worked for a company who could build tariffs on any network in the uk so i had access to every networks billing systems and network links.

I was in the telecoms industry for about 10 years before i moved on to broadcasting. Now im dabbling in 3D tv technology which i must say is mindblowing. Ive seen a few football matches in 3d now and also the last ricky hatton fight which i have to say had quite a few people ducking and diving when punches where being thrown.

We are looking at a 3D tv launch in the uk before December.

Back to the original post re outages, it all depends on the fault to determine the resolution time. Faults generally mean loss of revenue so the network pull out all the stops to fix them as soon as they happen.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I hate T-mobile, such a crap service, you actually pay to have no bars anywhere on the planet.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery

Well that kinda sounds like a CLR problem (I think that's what they are called... call location register) basically they are big computers, in the UK the mobile company I worked for had about 50 or so (7 years ago that is)... That is where all the account info is stored, you make a call the network goes there to pull up your file so to speak.

Now when one goes down it's no real problem - everyone in a certain area will loose service (everyone who has stayed there in the previous 7 days - any newcomers to the area could still be on the CLR in the previous location)

edit - damitt!! lost half of that post... can't be bothered to re-type - sorry!

Long and short - my money would be on some computer that oversee's the CLR's

Almost spot on there mate, apart from its called the HLR or Home Location Register. Then you also have the VLR or Visitor Location Register.

[edit on 25/4/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Oh great.Just as TelecomNZ is moving to a T-mobile network(wcdma).We learn its a dodgey pile of poo!I just went to a training session about their change over and reading between the lines it sounded like it could be problematic and take awhile to iron out the bugs.

join