It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Bein' A Writin' Baastad..And Stuff.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So like as many of you may know I've been writing pretty much non stop.
I started a book awhile back, and am pretty close to finishing it. Then I started a childrens book, and judging by the dozen children (My sons friends) who I've read it to, it's not too bad.
I just started another. This one is a musical. Yep. Lyrics and music by lombozo.

The 1st book is pretty heavy. Tears and nostalgia regale.

The childrens book is so silly I can't put it into words, but the childrean all laugh and roll on the floor when I read it. (Yes I do all the different voices, and sound effects.....)

The latest project (the musical) is a story of an individual of whom you've all heard of yet probably don't really know the story.

I want nothing more than to leave a legacy behind. I want my son to remember me proudly. Call me selfish, but that is the only thing I want.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
The latest project (the musical) is a story of an individual of whom you've all heard of yet probably don't really know the story.

Is it me?

I want nothing more than to leave a legacy behind. I want my son to remember me proudly. Call me selfish, but that is the only thing I want.

He'll always have your great ats threads about him, and your love of the eagles, and your "field of dreams" moments, and all this great stuff you're writing. I say he's a very lucky boy.

[edit on 21 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

That's completely inspirational, and I'm sure your son is already way beyond the point where there would be any doubt that he will be proud of you and remember you with love.

I really admire how much work you create, and it's kinda giving me a kick in the pants to do my own stuff, as I sit here glued to ATS....again......

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
SchroDog...

Lombozo, sounds great. All the voices even.
Maybe you should put out a combo pack, book and tape and the kids can read along listening to your voices.

In another thread you called yourself a weenie... I agree.
more men should be.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

That's a great idea about the combo pack...and what about a colouring book too? I would have loved that as a kid. I still would!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

You never cease to amaze me Lombo!!!

You are the type of Dad I always wished I had..

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Tell me if you ever get your book published Lom, I'd read it.

My dad has never written a book, nor does he know what a forum or even google is, and i still think he's the best dad there is.

I'm sure Lil' Lom idolizes you.

good luck with the books!

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Good for you, Lombozo!

What a great way to leave a bit of your legacy behind! Your son will most definitely pass it on to his little ones when he is a dad.

I've always wanted to wite short stories, but my lazy butt holds me back.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The First book is named "KEY"

The Childrens book is called "Huuuuh? I Love Bones" A fictional character based on my dog.

The Musical is named "Zelle"

I just penned the lyrics to a new song which is the next to last song in the script. Here's a taste. Lyrics by me. Music by me. Yep lombozo is the author.

"Dawn has come
The days newborn beginning
Life is short
It is not everlasting
Dear Father
I beg you for your blessing
For now the angels have arrived
and soon I'll hear them singing
Oh Father
The line will form
And take me to my maker
A Blindfold not................"

Like I said. Just a taste.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
How does it feel to be an artist? The act of creation weather in the area of words or 3D medium, exercising a sense of style and aesthetics is one of the true thing that puts the human in humanity.

Bless your heart.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I would hardly call myself an artist, so I can't answer your question appropriately. I just enjoy writing.
A true artist is one who might make others pause and feel something for a moment.

Oh and SEMPERFORTIS. While I cannot be a father to you, KNOW this. I am your brother.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
lombozo, I always look forward to reading your posts. Now I want to sit on the floor and HEAR you read your children's book!
Humanity is all the better because of you, Susan Boyle and all the others who have listened to their muse and share their gifts.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

A true artist is one who might make others pause and feel something for a moment.

Well Mr Lombozo, I and many others here might think you fill that criteria perfectly, I have read many of your things on here and each and every one is very thought provoking.

I hate to sound like the suck up, but it's true.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Yes! You took the words right off my keyboard. That is it exactly! Lombozo does indeed fit that description.

new topics

top topics

join