It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are making fun of 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well here is another one..........

Carlos Barrios was born into a Spanish family on El Altiplano, the highlands of Guatemala. His home was in Huehuetenango, also the dwelling place of the Maya Mam tribe. With other Maya and other indigenous tradition keepers, the Mam carry part of the old ways on Turtle Island (North America). They are keepers of time, authorities on remarkable calendars that are ancient, elegant and relevant.

Mr. Barrios is a historian, an anthropologist and investigator. After studying with traditional elders for 25 years since the age of 19, he has also become a Mayan Ajq'ij, a ceremonial priest and spiritual guide, Eagle Clan.

and he says...

From that 1987 date until now, Mr. Barrios says, we have been in a time when the right arm of the materialistic world is disappearing, slowly but inexorably. We are at the cusp of the era when peace begins, and people live in harmony with Mother Earth. We are no longer in the World of the Fourth Sun, but we are not yet in the World of the Fifth Sun. This is the time in-between, the time of transition.

As we pass through transition there is a colossal, global convergence of environmental destruction, social chaos, war, and ongoing Earth changes. All this, Mr. Barrios says, was foreseen via the simple, spiral mathematics of the Mayan calendars.

"It will change," Mr. Barrios observes. "Everything will change." He said Mayan Daykeepers view the Dec. 21, 2012 date as a rebirth, the start of the World of the Fifth Sun. It will be the start of a new era resulting from — and signified by — the solar meridian crossing the galactic equator, and the earth aligning itself with the center of the galaxy.

At sunrise on December 21, 2012 — for the first time in 26,000 years — the Sun rises to conjunct the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic, describing in the sky a great cross of stars and planets. This cosmic cross is considered to be an embodiment of the Sacred Tree, The Tree of Life — a tree remembered in all the world’s spiritual traditions.

Some observers say this alignment with the heart of the galaxy in 2012 will open a channel for cosmic energy to flow through the earth, cleansing it and all that dwells upon it, raising all to a higher level of vibration. This process has already begun, Mr. Barrios suggested. "Change is accelerating now, and it will continue to accelerate."

If the people of the earth can get to this 2012 date in good shape, without having destroyed too much of the Earth, Mr. Barrios said, we will rise to a new, higher level. But to get there we must transform enormously powerful forces that seek to block the way.

I do not believe that some single catastrophic event will happen in 2012 that will destroy the Earth, and neither do these guys so I have read. There is consistancy in what they say, and that is the world is going through significant change spiritually and physically and it centers around this date.

However since no one really has any idea if this alignment in combination with this predicted spiritual change (across more than the just Mayans). It is speculative at this point. But to say with certainty that something will happen or nothing will happen, is ineffectual.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
Movies are not meant to be taken seriously, people are going to have fun with it. Don't take it so seriously.

That's not always the case. Sometimes movies are intended to instill certain beliefs, or to discredit other beliefs .. or facts even.

I recall seeing government documents from the WW2 era that were meant to encourage Hoolywood to create certain kinds of patriotic and politically motivated movies. This may be yet another one of those ulterior motive movies meant to dispel knowledge of the upcoming galactic equinox and repetitive cyclic Earth changes. I mean, imagine if everyone knew the truth TODAY. Imagine if everyone knew that 89% of the existing life upon Earth would end in 2012 .. would you bother going to work tomorrow? Would you continue to pay your taxes/tithings to your king? Would you even worry about all this national debt and the Feds printing up so much funny money like there's going to be no tomorrow?

Ask your government why they are building so many underground survival habitats/bunkers, why they are stock piling food and medicines in them places, why they are stuffing priceless artifacts and knowledge into Iron Mountain, why seed banks/vaults are being built around the world. Ask your leeeeeaders if the galactic equinox is REAL .. or not, and ask to see their proof either way.

Search for the truth on your own and see for yourselves. I can understand all the reasons why some would want to keep this event a secret, yet I also believe the truth should be accessible to those that would like to know regardless of the implications and consequences.

Anyhow, this will still likely be an entertaining movie worth seeing, if only to learn of the apparent message it is intending to communicate by those that must have some reason for doing so.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

89% of all the existing life on Earth wiped out in 2012? ALL the existing life...only 11% left??

Let's see....maybe 100,000 million species of insects times the number of living insects at any moment....PLUS the multitude of living species of plants, times the number of living plants at any given moment....Just those two phyla, diminshed by 89%....and we are STILL outnumbered!!!

What I find interesting is the prevalence of 'Survivalist' threads....as if people normally used to the comforts of modern science, i.e., the Western World, could possibly survive without resorting to anarchy, in the absence of civilization.

The peoples of what we NOW call the 'third world' will survive far better than the coddled, soft 'New World' former 'masters'......

I say, revel in your luxury....splurge on a cruise!!! Go out in style!!!!!

You don't want to resort to drinking your own urine, just to survive, do you????

Buy a cruise, sail on 19 December, 2012....and revel to your heart's content!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy
This is no different than general hysteria when calendar rolled over from 999 to the year 1000, and Europe went into a panic thinking it was the end of the earth. Nothing happened then, nothing will happen in 2012..other than the next great hysteria taking hold of the masses and selling their books and tapes and videos and survival packages.

I applaud you mate.

Im curious if the same doomsayers on 2012 are the same that were freaking out about 2000. Its almost a sure bet that a fair percentage of them were.

At least we can just sit back and relax and have a beer while the rest of the scaremongers are huddled in their bomb shelters

And Im going to post a big "I told you so" on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd be very careful if I were you. This thing may very well not happen, but if it does you will be the one getting laughed at.

Not saying I believe it will happen, just a warning that's all.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There is a cottage industry based on Cataclysm, although its growing quickly. It crosses over from evangelical book of revelations interpretations to Planet X to one world govt to 2012 Mayan hysteria. It feeds on itself, if you google some of the sites they provide reference for other sites that then reference the original sight back again...it is almost self reinforcing.

Publishers make huge profits, speakers go on lecture circuits, Media companies produce and sell videos and tapes and DVD's...and its based on touching that greatest nerve of Human Nature, survival. The bottom line; it is Business selling product to a consumer.

The problem is when we accept product without due diligence. Instead of buying books and videos at symposiums and accepting lectures at face value, research the historical context, understand where myths, stories and parables come from and why.

The Mayan creation myths are varied and fascinating, we dont need to embelish them to maintain their value and cultural equity. There is nothing in Mayan history to suggest anything will occur in 2012 other than another year will come to pass.

There are scholars that post on this site, we are lucky they share their knowledge and time. There are great posts regarding accurate interpretations of 2012 from fact and objective perspective of the Popul Vu and Mayan culture. search them and enjoy !

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
I wonder how Chris Carter will portray 2012. He's hinted that he might make one more X Files movie and it will be about 2012.

He has very little time to do it...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Etsivä Romppainen

I wonder how Chris Carter will portray 2012. He's hinted that he might make one more X Files movie and it will be about 2012.

He has very little time to do it...

I hope that he will make an XF3 movie - the end of the tv series was about 2012. If he will make this movie, he'd better get started soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here is one persons theory on the whole IHC thing.
His theory is very deep and religious

Here is part one to his youtube video
2012 Hype Debunked pt. 1/2

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well I look forward to the production. Aside from the tell tale myth.

I have read a little bit of this subject before, 2012, and the multitude of theories and hypothesis' make it very difficult to localize "one explanation", which tells me that the whole thing is yet another shenanigan in the field of alternative research.

Although I admit that there are a few researchers who compelled me to see otherwise, however i'm yet to be convinced.

For once, I would just like to see one good well-presented case for 2012, but there aren't any, and if there is.. then it is just another sham.

Trying to keep an open mind, but too many hoaxers trying to generate profit, sorry.

IC

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well I think we are living through the history that will be the 2012 event people talk about. We have Wars, Economic chaos and now a potential pandemic. I think the generations to come will look at those that discussed 2012 and say "why didn't they do more to prevent it?"

ATS may be a treasure trove for historians. I can just see the title of their movie... "2012 - The People Who Knew and did nothing about it"....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I've read a lot of things about the subject. They are many things that are going to happen they said and I just believe a lot of people should prepare their selves, bad or good.

It's pretty scary that not each one of us are sure but in some way even though I have my doubts I am holding on to my faith and I am mentally preparing myself.

I actually thought at first that the date was a joke but when I saw the book on a bookstore last year. I actually got a kick! I haven't read the book yet but I did some research about the said date.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I actually heard that there were already plans for XF3 I am just not sure if it's pushing through. I know Fox is actually okay with the idea.

It would be up to DD and GA to do it. That's what I know.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I predict that the world will not end in 2012, and i'll bet as much money as you like to back up my prediction. Of course, if I lose the bet, you'll never collect.

From what I understand, the Mayan calendar does NOT predict the end of the world in 2012. The calendar simply completes a cycle. After the cycle ends,the next one starts.Kind of like our centuries and millennia.

So far, every sngle prediction for the end of the world has turned out to be wrong. People have been talking about the End Times for 2000 years now, and so far we've managed to survive. True, some day the world will end, but chances are good it won't happen exactly when predicted.

The main problem I have with apocalyptic scenarios is that it encourages people to give up hope and not work to solve the problems we face. We're tempted to say, "what's the use, the world will end soon anyway". Well, what if it doesn't? Then we've got to live in the messes we didn't bother to clean up. The logic of this thinking is similar to my saying, "Why should I tie my shoes in the morning, when I'll just have to untie them in the evening?" It doesn't make sense, does it?

Let's face it - we're all going to that Great Catnip Patch Up In The Sky. Since we're going to die anyway, does it make any sense to refuse to live in the meantime?

Even if 2012 is really the end, I would prefer to keep working to make the world a better place in the time we have left. First, it makes things better while we wait for the Final Curtain. Also, it gives us something to keep us busy, to distract us from brooding on the end. I wouldn't want to sit around, just waiting for things to stop. I'd rather be doing something to keep my mind off that depressing topic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join