It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are making fun of 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Alright, we all know that there is a 2012 movie coming up. Have any of you visited the movie's official website yet?

Apart from the trailer, there are two links:

This Is The End: www.thisistheend.com...

and

Institute for Human Continuity:

www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org...

Now, in the This Is The End website, the actor Woody Harrelson, disguised as some New Age dude gives a rather humorous view on 2012.

The second website, Institute for Human Continuity, starts off with a rather far fetched video that claims that the scientists proved that the world will end at 2012. Further on, the website contains popular theories (Planet X, etc) and "press articles" about weather changes. Furthermore, the website links to this website: www.farewellatlantis.com... - notice the popular Hollywood actor posing as a author.

So, as many of you have guessed, this is just a big PR machine for the upcoming 2012 movie. We've seen it with Batman and other movies as well. All these websites are made to promote the 2012 movie.

What bothers me is the tone of the whole thing. As if they are making fun of 2012. As if they want to ridicule the whole subject.

Your thoughts on the subject?

Peace,
Mulder

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The Institute for Human Continuity site was made for the 2012 movie. That site was posted a while back in another thread just like this one.

2012 is not the end of the world, and if it is then there is nothing we can do about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think your guess is exactly right. The websites are making fun of it, "they" don't want people doing any type of preperation.

To achieve this, they need to try and detach peoples logic from artistic nature of ideas. Imagine how hard it is gonna be to actually persuade someone to read something about 2012 after this movie hits the box office.

All of us become the latest fad, and we all know fads are meant to die.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by sticky]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

i read the book 2012 great read about reptiles and their being 3 dimentions and all kinds of crazy technology and mistery. great read you should check it out. ill dig it up and get the author for you.

edit to add. its a fiction novel it dosent claim this is going to happen just wanted to clear that up..

[edit on 15amu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
I think your guess is exactly right. The websites are making fun of it, "they" don't want people doing any type of preperation.

To achieve this, they need to try and detach peoples logic from artistic nature of ideas. Imagine how hard it is gonna be to actually persuade someone to read something about 2012 after this movie hits the box office.
[edit on 21-4-2009 by sticky]

Yes. That is exactly what I meant.

They are making fun of 2012 in order to ridicule the whole subject.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ridicule is exactly what the subject needs...

There are no prophecies in Mayan culture regarding the end of the world in 2012. The end of cycles were celebrations, not doomsday hysteria, this is a creation by shysters trying to cash in on your weakest fears.
There are millions of Mayans living in the Yucatan, go there yourself and research this subject, i did. Its ridiculed by Mayans, who obviously know more about their beliefs than hucksters trying to hijack their system of astronomy and culture. Its nonsense and should be demonstrated for what it is, booksellers and self promoting snake oil sales pitches.

This is no different than general hysteria when calendar rolled over from 999 to the year 1000, and Europe went into a panic thinking it was the end of the earth. Nothing happened then, nothing will happen in 2012..other than the next great hysteria taking hold of the masses and selling their books and tapes and videos and survival packages.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
2012 will only be the end of the world if people aren't prepared. For all we know the changes or disasters could be 'minor' but since not many are prepared, they will fall behind those who are prepared and die off from cold, starvation, thirst, murder, prison, slavery, basic infections, etc...

They are making fun of 2012 because they want people to let down their guard so they can pull the rug from under the people.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I didn't know there was a doomsday panic over the year 1000

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hallberg Rassy

Not to mention the continued hysteria about the so-called 'doomsday planet' that hucksters try to dovetail into the 2021 (edit...oops, dyslexia...2012) myth.

Or, if not the mystery planet.....that IF it were 3 1/2 years away, it'd be plainly obvious by now...then it's some nonsense about 'Galactic Alignment' with the 'center' of our galaxy....or, pick your poison, these just scratch the surface!

[edit on 4/21/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I agree with some of the other posters. It should be ridiculed. It is just some made up BS with no proof whatsoever that anything is going to happen. You cant live your life around something that a bunch of people living in a jungle did or didnt do or because some dude says there is a PlanetX that is going to mess up earth. You cant make a calendar to infinity. Maybe the Mayan calendar guy got a girlfriend or something and so he had something better to fill his days.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That's weird why do they simply tell you to Google search 2012 and not 2012 movie or something along those lines. Think about it. That's how the Illuminati works. They use movies to reveal major plans, and then when someone makes a conspiracy theory they are immediately crazy because the American public has seen that movie or they are considered a nutcase. Haven't you seen the 9/11 hidden in Hollywood series on Youtube? It makes a great point. By the way there's a reason they have released State of Play and The International in 2009. Now ask why all the movies point to 2012. There you go.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The subject is rather laughable if you ask me... so I really have no problem with anyone making fun of it.

After some of the tripe that's presented as "evidence" of planet x or nibiru... it deserves to be made fun of.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks this whole 2012 hysteria is a load of crap. This is their calendar. Granted, their calendar goes on for quite a length of time before it flips over to the new cycle - but it's still just a calendar.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wonder how Chris Carter will portray 2012. He's hinted that he might make one more X Files movie and it will be about 2012.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I guess you will be able to tell my thoughts on the subject when I tell you what I thought of the trailer.

Hollywood hasn't put out a decent comedy for quite some time in my opinion, so, I'm looking forward to this movie!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is supposedly from a Mayan Elder........(from 2000)

Hunbatz Men believes that the Mayans are the original teachers of the world and that their ancestors traveled throughout the world to disseminate their knowledge. For instance, he says that the 300 B.C. Hindu writer Valmiki credits the Naga-Maya with bringing Hindus their culture in the year 2700 B.C. The Tibetans and Greeks have similar stories about being visited by the Cara-Maya in ancient times. Similarly, the Egyptian priest-historian Manetho also says the Mayax also visited Africa. He adds that people from all over the world visited the Americas in ancient times.

Don Alejandro Cirilo P?rez Oxlaj, a Mayan elder who spoke at a recent medicine conference, amazed the audience by not only confirming Hunbatz Men's ideas, but also by adding that the Mayans had received their original teachings from beings from the Pleiades star system, who visited them in ancient times in Yucat?n, M?xico.

Believing that the Mayans received their original instructions from beings from the Pleiades cannot be any less valid than believing, as Christians and Jews do, that Jehovah spoke to Moses on a mountain and gave him the Ten Commandments, or that Jesus and Mohammed ascended into heaven. It's certainly as valid as scientists speculating that there may be multiple universes, existing in different dimensions.

Cultural bias and military might are responsible for many of our societal beliefs. That, of course, does not make them right. We don't know what will happen in the next few days or in the next 12 years. What we do know is that it wouldn't hurt to listen to the words of Don Alejandro who said that on Dec. 20, 2012, Mother Earth will pass inside the center of a magnetic axis and that it may be darkened with a great cloud for 60 to 70 hours and that because of environmental degradation, she may not be strong enough to survive the effects. "It will enter another age, but when it does, there will be great and serious events. Earthquakes, maremotos (tsunamis), floods, volcanic eruptions and great illness on the planet Earth. Few survivors will be left."

latinola.com...

Just something to consider. At least one present day Mayan is on-board with more than an end to the calendar

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
"Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, a Mayan elder"

Don Perez is a Political appointee, by the guatamalan govt as ambassador to indigenous peoples of the highlands. He is an activist to retain mining and water rights, and represent the rights of his fellow man.

Fantastic and more power to him. It is something that he does well, and should be quite proud of himself. This is important work.

He is also heavily involved on lecture circuit and seems to be self appointed scholar of mayan teachings. This is where it gets murky and needs clarification. Almost all references for him in relation to Mayan teachings are thru the same type of organizations; buy our books, our tapes, we alone know the truth of Mayan prophecies. They are websites that cross promote his teachings as evidence that their own books and tapes are somehow justified.

Go to the Yucatan if possible, there are incredible museums staffed by university professors and degreed scholars that will take the time to sit and discuss Mayan teachings and beliefs in Detail. We ended up at the home of one of the professors and spent the night and next day learning Mayan beliefs and mythology. Some of the education occured at the top of pyramids and inside constructions at Uxmal, an incredible sight in itself.

There is no cataclysm approaching, there are no global earthquakes or floods...2012 will pass safely, other than people panicking.
There are groups that will become wealthy as a result of hysteria, spending thousands on publications and media, which is unfortunate. they could spend far less and receive valuable education by travelling to the Yucatan or guatamala and learning in the environment itself.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy
This is no different than general hysteria when calendar rolled over from 999 to the year 1000, and Europe went into a panic thinking it was the end of the earth. Nothing happened then, nothing will happen in 2012..other than the next great hysteria taking hold of the masses and selling their books and tapes and videos and survival packages.

I applaud you mate.

Im curious if the same doomsayers on 2012 are the same that were freaking out about 2000. Its almost a sure bet that a fair percentage of them were.

At least we can just sit back and relax and have a beer while the rest of the scaremongers are huddled in their bomb shelters

And Im going to post a big "I told you so" on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
Your thoughts on the subject?

Unless they have some kind of crystal ball and can see into the future that somehow THIS TIME the galactic equinox will NOT cause great upheaval here upon Earth, then the joke will be on THEM when that time comes and they find themselves totally unprepared. Wishful thinking will not change the facts, that nature is cyclic. Those that continually try to blow off the galactic equinox look as silly as some dude standing in snow up to their waste proclaiming that winter is not real either.
Those that haven't spend a lot of time researching this subject yet continually keep debunking these grander natural cycles are just blowing hot air out their food hole. I was highly skeptical of this 2012 thang myself when I first heard about it back in 1996, but after spending all these years reading about it all and everything else related, I'm positively convinced, by the evidence, that indeed there are cyclic seasons that span millions of years which do certainly exist, and we are on the eve of another. The evidence is out there for those that care to know the truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Guys...

I'm sorry, I crave juicy NWO conspiracy, guesses at 2012, end of the world chat, and so on...

But this is a movie staring Nickolas Cage.

Movies are not meant to be taken seriously, people are going to have fun with it. Don't take it so seriously.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join