It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce Revelations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I discovered Edgar Cayce (well not him, but his legacy) while in Virginia Beach with my wife and our daughter for our annual trip. Amazing!

Edgar Cayce was able to identify both the illness and the cure for anybody, in presence or absence of this person. Most of his 10,000 readings of the akashic records were related to healthcare, but many were linked to ancient civilizations mysteries such as the lost continent of Atlantide, the Mayan civilization, and the ancient egypt civilization.

[mod edit: removed link adverting website]

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Mario MBA]

www.abovetopsecret.com...
4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other... websites on ATS within posts ... without prior written permission from The Above Network, LLC.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What will really blow you away is there is someone on earth today that believes he may be the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce!!

Google up "David Wilcock"

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

That's really funny!

I haven't heard that one. Why does he think that? did he heal someone or just write articles and give seminars?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Like most figures popular with conspiracies Wilcock has a fragile link in his chain. Icke has reptilians and Wilcock has Cayce.
In on of his videos he lectures on how he believes he is a reincarnation of Cayce. He basically says it's because he looks like Cayce and his friends look like Cayce's friends.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

2102 enigma David Wilcock

Pretty cool video, he does look like Cayce and seems to have some psychic/intuitive abilities.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mario MBA

I am one of the few who think Edgar Cayce was a charlatan whose wife took people's money from them.

www.skepdic.com...

A skeptical look at Edgar Cayce for those who want some balance in this discussion.

Added:

I do wish he would of visited Houdini, who would of debunked him just like the other charlatans of the era.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I used to believe in Edgar Cayce (back in the 1960's) until all of his (suddenly vanished) predictions failed to come true. Like KidFlash, I started reading more about him and got quite disillusioned.

When I later started studying ancient history and the Egyptians (and learning some hieroglyphics so that I could start to read what the Egyptians wrote) and learned that Lemuria was a hypothetical continent invented in the 1800's, I rejected him completely.

His writings are fun, but should be considered fiction. Many of his "treatments" didn't work and in one case the person was actually deceased. I'd like someone with a better track record, thanks. Nowadays most websites about him don't bother to mention his many failed predictions -- like his prophecy that California would abruptly drop into the ocean in 1969 or so.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The biggest giveaway that Cayce is a fraud is how he used showmanship to sell his bill of goods. Going into a "coma", channeling and all the other tricks that have been used time and time again. It also helps that I was interested in magic as a kid and learned about how to distract the audience.

Watch any video with Uri Geller and you will see him behave just like a magician doing his tricks.

Houdini would of had fun with Cayce, and a public debunking back then would have gone a long way today.

About his "predictions", I do not see the continent Atlantis and California is still attached.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Cayce didn't say when California would break up. You're mis quoting him. I believe it will happen but I can't say when. No psychic is 100%. He said some of Atlantis would rise to the surface in 1968 or so and I've read in Drunvalo Melchizedek's books that some land did rise in the Caribbean area. Some sank again and some didn't. That area is constantly changing because of the methane gas under the sea floor. However many psychic's predictions started going off track in the 90s. Some say it's because of the Intervention that the Galactic Federation and other spiritual groups are doing. Cacey's stuff was pretty accurate. David Wilcock explains a lot in his youtube videos. I've met him. He's a great guy. Don't get me wrong I'm a skeptic just like the next guy but I've seen a spirit and a ufo and when you see these things for yourself then you know it's not all BS. There are fake psychics and psychics who just aren't that good. You don't dismiss all of Caycey's work just becuase he missed a few. Nostradamas is another example. He encoded his stuff to avoid the bad kharma he would have got if he didn't. What matters is the what % is correct. If the person is 80% correct, that is still way beyond coincidence. I'll give you a personal experience i had. The first time I ever saw Sheldan Nidle at a meeting. When i got home I told a friend and my brother that he would make a great Sci-Fi writer. At the next meeting 3 weeks later he looked me right in the eye and said he wasn't a sci-fi writer. David Wilcock's info. is superb.

www.youtube.com...
www.paoweb.com...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Edgar Cayce was a charlatan, and he was quite good at it. Like all mediums before him, he would go into a "trance" or a "coma" to do his readings. His wife would write down what he stated, and most of that was ramblings. He would throw the kitchen sink at people when he "read" their illnesses. The cures were for the more insane to try, as they did not work.

While Mr Cayce did not charge any money, his wife did collect a donation. Mr Cayce and his family made a lot of money from the stoolpigeons who believed them.

Not only are his predictions off base, but he also did a lot of readings about life in Atlantis. Apparently Atlantis was quite modern like the times he described. His predictions about the coming World War in the late 1930s are vague and could have been made by anyone who read the newspaper back then.

If one wants to believe that Edgar Cayce was a prophet who cured people of their ills, that is fine. I am one to think he was one of the many charlatans out there at the time who knew a mark when he met them.

Magicians do the same tricks Edgar Cayce did to get people to see their shows. Deception and misdirection is a common practice of both.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Kid Flash, I don't think he was a fake, on the other hand I can't reliably say what his success rate was. Some info. I've seen said 85%. I think Nostradamus' predictions are easier to evaluate, even though they are slightly encrypted to avoid bad Kharma. To say he wasn't talking about Hilter because the spelling is off by 1 letter is rediculous. Regardless I just like to provide as much info. as I can when I hear orthodox people make absolute statements. Didn't Obi-Wan say in Star Wars "Only a Sythe talks in absolutes". Have you seen David Wilcock's youtube video? There is some amazing info. there. Let me know what you think after you've seen it.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

I did not state anything about Nostradamus' predictions. He had to be vague about what he did as the Catholic Church was burning people for heresy if caught doing what Nostradamus did.

I would also state that Cayce was bound to get his medical diagnosis part right as he stated the patient was inflicted with everything. He could cover himself quite well with that one.

The time that Cayce lived, there were many thousands of "prophets" and "seers" just like him who did the same thing. If Harry Houdini was around, he would of tested Cayce. Houdini was the James Randi of his time, and was out to expose such foolishness.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sargoth
Cayce didn't say when California would break up.

Actually, he did.

Remember, this "prophetic time" was during the time I was in college, and was much discussed at the time. We were all nervously waiting for huge earthquakes to start hitting California. Friends discussed leaving California to avoid the coming disasters and worried about warning family members.

He said some of Atlantis would rise to the surface in 1968 or so and I've read in Drunvalo Melchizedek's books that some land did rise in the Caribbean area. Some sank again and some didn't.

I was part of a Cayce prophecies watching group (we expected it to rise.) I don't know where Melchizedek got his info. The Cayce watchers followed all kinds of leads and never saw any "land rising" in the Caribbean area.

Nor are methane deposits causing the land to rise and sink there. Check it out with google. Any "methane" that caused "land to rise" would quickly break the rocks and create a huge bubble of the stuff that would kill all sorts of marine life and be very noticeable on weather and geological charts as well as affecting (or killing) most things in the area.

new topics

top topics

join