It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide bombers attack Oil terminal in Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
An attack was launched against the main oil terminal in Iraq today, which is depended on for the export of about 1.9 million barrels of oil per day.
Boats carrying explosives were used in the attack in Basra.
One boat exploded along a ship at the terminal.
The second was intercepted and exploded soon after being boarded.

There are no reports on casualties yet but the terminal has been shut down.

There are reports on Fox News that a third boat may have been used.
Still awaiting more information.

More info at Reuters:
www.reuters.com...�ion=news

File photo of terminal from 1996:

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
They say no damage was done to the boat or the terminal.

LONDON (Reuters) - An explosion at the Basra offshore oil terminal on Saturday did no damage either to the platform or a boat moored alongside, Britain's Ministry of Defense said.
"A boat exploded next to it. But there was no damage to the oil terminal or the boat alongside it," a spokeswoman told Reuters in London. "As far as I know there were no British casualties."

Officials have said a second suicide bomb boat was intercepted and exploded later.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Fox news said 2 US crew may have been killed and 4 others wounded in the attack.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
ugh, you know they're going to dispatch a MIUW team there if they haven't already. Kinda sucks though cause I have family in one of those units. 6 month deployments suck.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
wow these iraqis REALLY want a free and prosperous iraq dont they!!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
theyre just doing it to get at the US.... anti-war ppl will just ignore this, just like they did with the bombing of the UNHQ.
Actually, I mentioned the UNHQ bombing in a previous post of mine here. The UN supported the invasion of Iraq, if you didn't remember. The UNSC resolution 1441 that granted the "severe consequences" was passed by all countries. Including those claimed to be oil bribed by Saddam.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
the UN are a major part of the reconstruction of Iraq. if these iraqis really cared about their own people, they'd look for other targets.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I read about this in an article that also pointed out that the insurgents were using mortars on populated areas to get the Iraqis riled up against the Americans. That was based on the fact that the shells landed over two miles away from the nearest US presence.

If I can find a link I will post it.

Not only are they willing to destroy their own equipment, they indiscriminately kill their own people. Yet we are the ones who are doing all the bad stuff over there???????

top topics

join