It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatties cause global warming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

call me plump, pillowy even... or if you must, fat... but not the o word.

Hahaha, seriously. The "O" word is just such an ugly word, an ugly word for people who ARE NOT ugly. They're beautiful, pillowy creatures.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That's it, I'm starting eating heavily right now.

I always wanted to be responsible for changing the world, and here is my chance!

AB1

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bambam1
Hey to Boaby's Rant

Come on these people have an illness, and basically you are discraminating them for this. Why should these people have to pay more taxes or more health care, when they obviously have an eating disorder which is already costing them more than anyone.

That is correct that they have an illness, but it isn't just that one illness. People who are obese also have other illnesses a lot of times that go along with the eating dissorder. They tend to have high blood pressure, kidney disease, and diabetes in higher number than their thinner counterparts. Why should my insurance deductables increase, or even the cost of my coverage alone, go to pay for a person who can't shut their pie hole?

How is it fair when I go to shop for clothing, that a pair of pants that are 4 times the size that I wear be the same price?

I could go on and on.......but your rant makes no sense. It's like telling people who smoke they don't have a problem, and they should just smoke up!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I must protest!!! I am 6'2" and 250 and I'm in shape................................................................................................................................................. ............................................................................................

Round is definately a shape.!!!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Your forgetting a few things here. The government practically considers everyone obese. Football players are obese to there charts. They are some of the fittest men around.

Then there are obese people who are that way do to genetics. They will never be able to get down to the weight society deems acceptable. They don't shovel any more food in their mouths than any normal weight person does. Some even shovel even less.

Forget about all those who can eat a ton of food, skinny as a stick, and never gain an ounce. I have known a few of those people, one even complained that she couldn't gain weight. The farmers have to grow twice as much food for those people also.

Then there are many like me, who are obese because of a medical condition. I have two actually. One I have a low thyroid problem, and the doctor actually increased the mg of what I'm taking. Also, I'm anemic, or low iron. Plus I have the genetics of being over weight. I was never thin, and never will be. I'll be happy if I ever can loose 60 pounds, but the charts will always call me over weight even if I did.

FYI thyroid problems causes a person to gain weight fast, but make it nearly impossible to loose it. I could be double or triple my weight I am now, but I'm not. Being anemic makes me weak and tired. I have a double whammy against me. I get tired very easily, and can sometimes sleep 9+ hours a day. There was a time I could literally sleep half the day, and couldn't do much because of how tired I got. It got depressing.

So you can understand how bad off I am, I have a bottle of iron I took before the doctor prescribed iron for me. In the over the counter bottle, each tablet is 28mg or 156% of their daily intake needed. My prescription is 325mg.

Now that I started to feel better and not as weak as I use to, I started exercising. Heck, I'm still not loosing the weight. I decided not to focus on the weight issue, but on the health side of it.

You want me to pay an extra tax because my body is not working the way it is suppose to? This condition has gone on for a long time, because I wasn't able to afford to be able to go to the doctors before this year. Yes, unfortunately the state is paying for it. Maybe if I had medical long before this, I wouldn't be this way with preventive treatment, and it wouldn't cost so much. No, I'm not happy being on assistance, but things happen.

This really burns me every time I hear something extremely stupid like this. It is pure and simple biased hatred.

Oh, because the government said so, we now hate smokers because they are harming themselves. Lets face it many non-smokers don't like passive smoke, so lets tax the heck out of them. It is for their own good. They will quit, because it will be too expensive for them to smoke.

In reality, yes I live with a smoker, they will take food and mortgage money to buy the cigarettes. They won't stop smoking. If they have no money, they will "bum" a cigg off of any and everyone they can. They will ask friends and family for a few dollars here and there just to get them. It doesn't help anyone.

If the government and the people were that concerned, they would pay for programs for everyone who truly wanted to quit, and not tax them to death.

Now alcohol is being taxed to death. You know many who drink alcohol also smoke, so they are taking a double hit. Oh, but drinking is not good for you. Push them too far, and we will be going back to prohibition days.

Now we need to add the so called fatties to this group. We need to tax them to death also, instead of actually offering and paying for programs and addressing any medical and mental problems that really could help them.

No, lets tax them. How? Individually? Now every time they step on a doctor's scale, it is reported to the government? They can tax x amount for every pound you are over? Or would you prefer to have all, and I mean all junk and fast food taxed? Now the dollar menus have become $2.00 menus, or better yet $5.00 menus. What used to be a $5.00 combo meal is now a $10.00 combo meal.

You are also talking about heavily taxing all pop, chips, pretzels, ice cream, all crackers, all cookies, all candy, donuts, cakes, pastries, all mixes for cakes, brownies, and everything you can think of to add to the list. Basically most everything you can find in a convince store.

Later on they decide to tax every type of food the government believes is bad for you. Fried chicken, taxed. Pizza, taxed. White bread, taxed. Sugar, taxed. Butter, taxed. Shortening and cooking oil, taxed. Mac and Cheese boxes, taxed. All processed foods in a box, taxed. You can see where this is leading.

Now lets look at restaurants. Since frozen pizza is taxed, Pizza from a restaurant should also be taxed. The more that bad food for you costs, the less likely you will eat it. If you are over a certain weight, you will even have to pay more for that same pizza. If you ordered a pizza this month already, you will have to pay more the next time you order a pizza.

Maybe every restaurant should have high taxes placed on them, so people will not eat out as much. We all know the more you eat out, the heavier you get right? Forget the fact that some have to eat out because their job requires them to travel, and they have to.

That includes every business man, sales rep, over the road truck driver, and etc out there. I know personally that over the road truck drivers hardly get paid at all, especially when starting out. I laugh when I see the all state commercial. Truckers are lucky to see $600 - $900 steady a week. New drivers forget it, especially with the low pay, which gets lower when the miles aren't there.

No, I don't think they will go as far as telling you how much food you can buy, and regulate you to only buying certain types of food. I don't think they will make you go on a diet of their choice, because they will get too much in taxes. There will be people who buy those foods no matter what, just like people still smoke and drink.

Now we are heavily taxing all the bad hated smokers, drinkers, supposedly over eaters, now what is the next bad habit we can tax?

We as a society really need to be careful about these things. What may seem right at the time can really come back and bite you in the but later on. Next time you might be the target. If not the next time, eventually you will be the target for something you will more than likely think is really stupid. By the way, your opinion will not matter at all. It only matters what they think.

Who are they? The government? The mindless people who follow the government? Politically correct people? The brainwashed? Those who hate something about others? Those who hate what others do? Right now you are one of they, but watch out for when the tides turn and you go from they to the target/victim.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Mystery_Lady]

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

sorry dude, you completly lost me at this ...

Football players are obese to there charts. They are some of the fittest men around.
really, are you serious ..! can you refrence me to this information please ...

even if that bit is true, i bet its because someone has chosen not to actualy look at the stats, their will be much different grades for people who live for fittness and people who dont do any excersize.,

again.. REally ?

to reply to what your saying, i get and to a degree understand .. as i had a friend who had a thyriod problem and he was pretty big! If the overweight were to be taxed i think its blind of you to assume people who are in the minority of people who are obese due to medical conditions (as opposed to people with medical conditions because their obese) would or should be taxed ....

fact is, the majority of obese people do not have thyriod peoblems or anything else that makes them big, they choose to eat like nobodys business and dont do excersize, and in turn they develop medical conditions do to their size .. which we the tax payer (in uk anyway) have to subsidise and pay for. If smokers should be treated differently in a negative way by health authorities because they choose to smoke , then so should the majority of obese people as they made the same sort of life choices that the smokers made.

(even then, most "obese" people arent massive in the slightest... and alot of obese people arent even really that much over weight .. but its all about those government scales . . once it gets to morbidly obese though its deffinitelly crossed the line)

as for taxing everything, most things you mentioned their are already been taxed to death in the uk, or have been as long as i can remember.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The article was for no other reason in my opinion than to create hatred against fat people so that everyone will blame them for a coming hike in food pricing!!
The uk government are increasing taxation in every area they find. They hiked the tax on alcohol and blamed binge drinkers.They say that if it were more expensive then people would drink less. The same with cigarettes, costs more = smoke less. Now the same will happen with food. It will cost more so we will eat in moderation and all be much healthier.
This trend HAS to stop before the average person can no longer afford to live.
It will continue until they can no longer think of anything else to tax, then go back to the start and tax everything all over again.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

sorry dude, you completly lost me at this ...

Really? They made that superb, lengthy post detailing with more than one point why you were sorely wrong and you lost them there? How convenient.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

look at my reply lol, i their was 2 replied made while i was still posting (i post, review edit then leave it on most topics )

i also just realised she was meaning football players in usa not uk ... loolz

some of them american footballers are total porkers !! it dont suprise me, ye their big muscular and got good fittness, but they still have massive bellies!

[edit on 21-4-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

im all for taxing the morbidly obese ~(thats who im aiming this at btw, not the average person who is a few lbs over weight, just the morbidly obese ppl) , they expect society to cater for their sickening size , they expect the nhs to cater for them health wise, so why souldnt they pay a bit more ... noones fault but their own.

This is not just for boaby phet but to all who are so quick to post that fat people are the root of all evil.

This is how it starts. It can be so easy to marginalize a person or to pigeonhole an entire group because we think they are different.

"Tax them! Throw them in a camp! Serves them right! Why should I have to pay for them! They are the cause of everything wrong with this world! Throw them in jail! Gas them! Kill them!"

It is always so easy isn't it. As soon as you make them a non-person or non-people, it is so easy to get rid of them with no remorse always forgetting that they are human beings.

You are being manipulated by those who wish to control you. See through it instead of allowing it to happen.

The argument fails the logic test, but why stop a good lynching with facts, right?

Perhaps some just have no desire to think for themselves.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

fact is, the majority of obese people do not have thyriod peoblems or anything else that makes them big, they choose to eat like nobodys business and dont do excersize

And you have studies to support this, I hope. I'm not saying you're wrong, but this is quite an assumption. I hope it comes from a reliable source and you aren’t just spouting myths about overweight people.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What about skinny vegetarian bean eaters and the gaseous exhaust they emit? Shouldn't these gases be captured and used as fuel to militate against global warming? I suggest that a new type of garment be invented to capture all that wasted and polluting methane to fuel our power stations.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

You and I disagree alot but, man, that was hillarious. I can just see the commercials for those products....the 'shamwow guy yelling..'Get it now 'Gas-Be-Gone' slip it on, let it blast, no smell, no carbon foot print, no skid marks!!"" Only $29.95 and for the first 500 callers the special offer "Two-fer'One!! Gas-Be-Gone..Get it now !!!!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

im all for taxing the morbidly obese ~(thats who im aiming this at btw, not the average person who is a few lbs over weight, just the morbidly obese ppl)

Morbidly obese according to who's standards, please?? Some people, as stated before, will NEVER be the weight they are suppose to be according to the so-called charts...

We live in a society where we produce unhealthy, processed foods, with tons of pesticides

I, personally, gained more weight over the years eating the so-called low fat or diet foods the PTB put on the market....what about all the damn chemicals & other items in our food supply?? If it is showed to not be good for people it needs to be taken out of our foods, for crying out loud!!!

It means an extra BILLION TONNES of CO2 a year is created, according to World Health Organisation estimates of overweight people.

According to TPTB!! Do you all not see what they are doing, and have been doing for decades?!??!?!?!? The WHO??? Just part of the global agenda folks!

The ability to store fat was an advantage to our species during times of scarcity. Of course we no longer have such scarcities in the western world , but this may not always be the case in the future .

When the # hits the fan those with more meat on their bones will have the ability to survive a hell of alot longer without the proper diet needed!

I have always, since my teen years, had to 'watch' what I eat. Even at 16, at a good weight, I was consider overweight by those stupid charts. Then, in my 20's, I got real wild. Live without a steady income, doing alot of drinking & partying, and was lucky if I could eat daily. Of course, my weight was down but I was STILL over the chart weight for my height!!! And, I waqs lucky to eat every couple of days or so!! Yeah.....hell of a way to live but that was then - 30 yrs ago.

Now, after several auto accidents, major surgery to remove 3 large tumors, beatings I took because of the types I choose to hang with, etc. I am alot heavier than I would like to be. Yes I can lose some....maybe 20 or 50 lbs. Biut not nearly enough to make me anything unlike being overweight.

I put on weight eating foods that I was told would help me take it off - RIGHT!!! I, also, put alot on when I got clean & sober 20 years ago...Guess I could start drinking again - instead of eating - and take it off.....

WHAT BULL#!!!!!

It is all about finding more ways to CONTROL us!!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Yea, but THEN they would outlaw GasEx and Beano, and that would open a WHOLE OTHER can o-worms.

God when does this madness stop

AB1

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

It is always so easy isn't it. As soon as you make them a non-person or non-people, it is so easy to get rid of them with no remorse always forgetting that they are human beings.

Yes, you are correct about some people. I have my reasons for saying what I did, and that reason is because I worked for a nephrologist. I know what problems obese people face outside of eating disorders, because I saw them every day. It was odd that any patient ever walked in the door, that did not weigh a lot more than they should.

I do have problems with obese people who don't try to quit over eating just like smokers who don't quit smoking, knowing the damage they are doing. They know how being obese causes other problems, yet don't stop eating junk food, or over eating. We would hand them diets to be on, specifically low in salt and fried foods, and I can honestly say over the course of years that worked there, few, if any patients followed those diets or lost weight!

Perhaps some just have no desire to think for themselves.

Perhaps some don't, but some of us do, because we see it every day. To assume people are just jumping on a bandwagon is wrong here!

And to the person who asked about things like white bread, and all the other junk they listed being taxed, I think it's a great idea. You shouldn't be eating that kinda crap anyway! Take some personal responsibilty as to what you are putting in your mouth! Things like pizza, greasy burgers and the such should be eaten rarely. So what if they go outa business, it wouldn't bother me in the least!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
First of all, I don't believe carbon dioxide is responsible for climate change. Secondly, how do they explain the tonnes of food that gets thrown in the garbage by western nations because it is past the best before date? That has nothing to do with fat people. Maybe if they stopped that practice they could cut down on the amount of food produced.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Strangest title to a thread I've seen in a while....

Take everything you read in The Sun with a large pinch of salt (not great for your health, but keeps you rational!)

Thing is, I'm not sure about the level of scientific research that goes into this sort of thing... pretty hit and miss and bases on speculation, I mean, they aren't exactly going to follow large people around with a spectrometer measuring the air behind them are they?
I'm not saying that would be their method, but it makes as much sense as half of the stuff they come out with regarding CO2 regulation...

I agree with Champagne, it's most likely to be about regulation and control of how we live our lives. What's next, air rationing???

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well as a skinny dude I have to say this,I can probably eat more then 3 of you put together.
Maybe I am the cause of global warming!!!
Seriously tho...I don't buy blaming obese people for this.
Big doesn't mean you eat alot,I eat alot so I might be to blame then.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I wonder when jetsetting, Nobel Award winning, carbon spewing, global climate change messiahs are going to be targetted?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join