It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator's husband cashes in on crisis Feinstein sought $25 billion for agency that awarded contract

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Senator's husband cashes in on crisis Feinstein sought $25 billion for agency that awarded contract to spouse

washingtontimes.com

On the day the new Congress convened this year, Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband's real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties at compensation rates higher than the industry norms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
First time post here so I hope I got it right.
I saw this today and wondered what others thought about this pattern of dishonesty shown by this woman.
This is not the first "even the appearance of a conflict of interest." for her yet none of the media or people who live in her area seem to care. That's what puzzles me.

washingtontimes.com

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Di-Fie, is just another example of do what I say, not as I do liberal. She keeps baffleing the Dems in Kaleeforneea with BS and they keep electing her, even though her and her husband in any other place would be in jail for things they have gotten away with. She was one of the first to make sure others in her state didn't have the right of self protection but made sure she had a CCW permit along with her entourage! Her and Babs Boxer, Polooosie are all the same! Worthless pieces of scum!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This whole crises is nothing but a " give money to our political friends". In this case a family member. AND, you know what? The people in her State won't vote her out over this!

WE NEED TERM LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roper

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Haven't you heard? The laws and rules everyone else has to live by are thrown in the ditch by these people. You don't question them or what they do and you certainly don't expect a response with any real meaning from them. They're above all that.

Zindo was right. It's do as I say, not as I do. And Roper was right too. We need term limits. Maybe then they wouldn't have time to develop the God complex that so many of them seem to have. For example, we have Pelosi and Murtha thinking they can ride roughshod over the pentagon.
www.nationalledger.com...

Fortunately, they laughed her off.

I could go on and on but I don't want to start the day off on a sour note.

The vast majority of politicians in D.C. are frauds, swindlers, cheats and liars. They know how to work the system so don't ever expect any accountability from them. You don't deserve it. At least that's their view on the matter.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonsbreaths

Senator's husband cashes in on crisis Feinstein sought $25 billion for agency that awarded contract to spouse

washingtontimes.com

On the day the new Congress convened this year, Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband's real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties at compensation rates higher than the industry norms.

strange that you forgot to mention that the contract was put out for COMPETITIVE BIDDING...in other words, anybody that could do the job better and more cost effective, would have been awarded the contract. because i'm not completely naive, the contract should be investigated, but living in california, CB ELLIS is a huge firm and well run, and they are bound to recieve some government contracts despite R. Blum, her husband, working at the company.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This makes perfect sense. The rats (Dems) are gathering all they can before the collapse. Even going as far as blatently directing government money into their family's accounts.

Way to go Dianne! You are truly a model Democrat, and deserve everything that is headed your way!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
JimmyX
Thats true but if it was Cheney or some other Republican, it would be plastered all over and a Special Prosecutor would be appointed to look into it with Millions spent on hearings and media coverage! But it's 'The great Di-Fie" so it's just a little blurb and no hearings and no Special Prosectutor wasting our precious tax money to demonise her! BULL HOCKEY!!!

Zindo

[edit on 4/21/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyxthan the industry norms.

strange that you forgot to mention that the contract was put out for COMPETITIVE BIDDING...in other words, anybody that could do the job better and more cost effective, would have been awarded the contract. because I'm not completely naive, the contract should be investigated, but living in California, CB ELLIS is a huge firm and well run, and they are bound to receive some government contracts despite R. Blum, her husband, working at the company.

I bid stuff out and not all bids are equal. An agency will spec-out a bid request to get what or who they want.

Don't be naive , there ain't no coincidences.

Roper

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Is there anything a dem does that you're ever not OK with?

C'mon man, you've got to think about these things harder than that. These people are hardly as perfect as you seem to want to give them credit for. For example, the fact that this was all signed, sealed and delivered on day 1 of the new term when all these kinds of deals usually take awhile to negotiate doesn't even get an "eyebrow raise" from you? What about having her husband recuse himself from the deal or any profits from it?

No, Fein-ken-stein should be booted out of the Senate for this and quickly.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
yup the left screamed bloody murder when it was cheney and haliburton

yup its the left do as i say not as i do.

a democrat stealing billions and there is not public outcry makes me sick.

if your a liberal and dont acknowledge this i swear how can you bee so blind.

why is it so wrong for one side to not get away with anything and yet if your a liberal you can do anything you want?

2009 2010 vote all career politicans out of office impose 1 term limits stop keeping these people in office whose made it a lifetime commitment out of f$%^ ing people over.

thats my call now you decide make the real change this country needs.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

The main hurddle in voting them all out is the campaign fund chests the "innies" have accumulated. Our Rep. Giffords has over two million dollars left over from 2008. She has, I suspect, greased her palms to help a few "influentials" get off on her "representation".
Any challenger would have to acquire at least that amount to even be a threat. But it would be worth a shot, I guess. She didn't get my vote to begin wiyh, nor do I intend to help her in any way. She's one of the follow the leader types, and cannot think beyond her mouth full of teeth.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This whole thing is a GD charade!

Everyday more scandal...more lies....more deception and corruption.

It's not just the left...it's all of them.

Too bad it's what...2 years till the next elections?

Yippie...2 more years...AT LEAST...of this nonsense.

I feel better already.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonsbreaths

This is just one more in a series of corrupt deals that the Democrats in Congress are involved in.
Nancy Pelosi has illegal aliens working on her winery. In addition, she refuses to hire union workers.

She charges $525 per night for her rooms, and claims she can't afford union workers.
View this YOUtube and see how far Pelosi Democratic hypocrisy goes:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Really sad that a thread showing corruption as bad as this at the highest levels of the U.S. government gets so little traction here on ATS.

Seems like those on the right are saying to themselves, "We've known this all along ...", while those on the left must be saying, "Nothing even we can defend here, so move along ...".

[edit on 4/22/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I steal money from a bank. 25 years to life.

feinstein steals money from tax payers. slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Really sad that a thread showing corruption as bad as this at the highest levels of the U.S. government gets so little traction here on ATS.

Don't be surprised. I figured that this story would get about this much attention here. She's a Democrat, and Nancy said that they are all part of the most honest Congress there is.

Now, if it were a Republican........

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

She's a Democrat, and Nancy said that they are all part of the most honest Congress there is.

Of course, that's not saying much. It's equivalent to the Nazis in the 1940's saying that Auschwitz was the best concentration camp they ran.

Pelosi is so crooked that she makes Madoff seem like an honest investment adviser.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by jerico65

She's a Democrat, and Nancy said that they are all part of the most honest Congress there is.

Of course, that's not saying much. It's equivalent to the Nazis in the 1940's saying that Auschwitz was the best concentration camp they ran.

Pelosi is so crooked that she makes Madoff seem like an honest investment adviser.

id give him my money

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

GRRRRRRRR!

She's a blatant lawbreaker and is the third most powerful person in the U.S! That's all I can manage for now. I'm trying not to be sick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join