It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well. here's what the United Nations is doing with YOUR tax money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I say "your tax money" because wherever you are, if your government is a dues-paying member of the UN, some of your tax money goes to this group. This is all the more true if you live in the US (especially), Japan, or one of the other nations that pulls more than its own weight in terms of ponying up cash to support the UN financially.

Well, with YOUR hard-earned money the UN has graced us with...wait for it... THE UN MEDITATION ROOM... A ROOM OF QUIET.

Link: www.aquaac.org...

At the above link, we learn that, according to the august body of the United Nations, "we all have within us a center of stillness surrounded by silence."

Among other gems, we are informed as follows.

The stone in the middle of the room reminds us also of the firm and permanent in a world of movement and change. The block of iron ore has the weight and solidity of the everlasting. It is a reminder of that cornerstone of endurance and faith on which all human endeavour must be based.

The material of the stone leads our thoughts to the necessity for choice between destruction and construction, between war and peace. Of iron man has forged his swords, of iron he has also made his ploughshares. Of iron he has constructed tanks, but of iron he has likewise built homes for man. The block of iron ore is part of the wealth we have inherited on this earth of ours. How are we to use it?

The shaft of light strikes the stone in a room of utter simplicity. There are no other symbols, there is nothing to distract our attention or to break in on the stillness within ourselves. When our eyes travel from these symbols to the front wall, they meet a simple pattern opening up the room to the harmony, freedom and balance of space.

There is an ancient saying that the sense of a vessel is not in its shell but in the void. So it is with this room. It is for those who come here to fill the void with what they find in their center of stillness.

Now, mind you, I don't necessarily have anything against the sentiments expressed per se...rather, I object to our MONEY being used for this purpose at an international POLITICAL AREANA...which is why I'm sticking this in the "politics" forum rather than in one of the more religious or metaphysical ones.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This is hilarious, and kind of insane. Why would they spend so much money on this, especially right now? Any idea how much?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This doesn't rank very high on my list of "worst things my tax money is wasted on." I think a meditation room has a lot more value than most of the other nonsense that taxpayers are on the hook for.

These days it is tough to build up too much disgust about it. They have officially reached the point that nothing is surprising and most dastardly things have become expected.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'm quite satisfied with the idea, if it's true? There are a lot worse things that they could use our taxes on.

We are spiritual beings, only we have been dumbed down. One day the masses will come to realise this, and reap the benefits

top topics

join