It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be a new section for Vampires?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I've been reading ATS for approx 7 yrs. obviously as a lurker so I realize that I don't carry nearly the weight as the regulars.... but am I the only one that has noticed a drastic change in the topic variety? There seems to be so much interests in Vampires that I think they need their own section. It's the same discussion over and over and I'm sure some people find it fascinating but really, almost every 3rd post is either vampires or werewolves. I used to come here daily and read all the cool stories but now it's a joke. Maybe it's just kids trying to mess with the site.... if not...

Let them have their own section so other topics can be discussed.

Just 2 cents from a lurker who was so tired of the same crap that he was driven to post. I'll crawl back under my rock now and take a beat down from the 13 obsessed vampire posters now.... ugh

If not I can just go somewhere else... it's just a shame for ATS

Smithers... release the hounds!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I've watched the popular posts and some of the obscure posts for the last 6 months just about daily. I don't think I've ever seen a vampire or werewolf post until yours.

Honestly. I'm not trying to taunt you.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
There are ten on the first page of posts besides the OPs. Personally, I would love to see multi-tiered system of forums. Under Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts, we could have Big Foot, Vampires, etc. If a topic becomes popular, then a sub-forum is created.

That is my thought at least.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think the forums are fine how they are. Making them multi-tiered makes browsing frustrating.

I think that the vampires topic fits well into the Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts forum, as it is now.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
this is a board question not cyrptozology.

there were alot of vampire posts a few years back. im on all hours of the day and see very few no

this system is great just the way it is . i can see all the posts on all subjects right here in one place. i dont have to flip through 1000 pages just to see what i might want to post in or what is hot right now. i post in many many subjects and dont care to be hindered just to suit the needs of someone else. yes im just that selfish sorry..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Sorry, my bad....must be my imagination.

Hey on a different topic.. do you think vampires are real?

If a vampire fell in the woods, in front of mirror, would the sound be visible?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by customfish

You can close your closet door tonight

There never has been, never will be any Vampires

Hollywood loves Vampires, good cash cow

But then, Hollywood loves flying Elephants too

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by customfish

Let them have their own section so other topics can be discussed.

Are all demographics welcome..?

Otherwise I'm not supporting this idea...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What forum are you hanging out in? I dont remember ever seeing a Vampire post until this one. Maybe I can help. Barak Obama is sucking all the money out of the country but he is not a vampire. I repeat BARAK OBAMA is not a vampire.

And everyone thinks I dont like him... see I am trying to play fair.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What forum are you hanging out in? I dont remember ever seeing a Vampire post until this one. Maybe I can help. Barak Obama is sucking all the money out of the country but he is not a vampire. I repeat BARAK OBAMA IS NOT A VAMPIRE.

And everyone thinks I dont like him... see I am trying to play fair.
Really I like the guy, I just wish he would quit writing checks our .... have to cash.

OMG, I just realized I am turning into Huck Finn.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

[edit on 20-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
No offence... but don't you guys read?

Attention: No more duplicate VAMPIRE threads a FSME post was made a month or so back about the sudden increase in topics. Read it and you'll understand.

Myself and several other Crypto regulars lobbied to have Vampire topics cracked down on because of the sheer immaturity they were full of.

Enough vampire threads, please!!!

There are pre-existing topics now to discuss lore, history, sightings etc. Check the first link I gave for those.

WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE. IT IS ALL COVERED THERE.

But if you want to talk about how hot the Twilight vampire is or how cool it would be to suck blood etc. this probably isn't the place for you. I'm sure there are forums somewhere full of eager mid-teens to swoon over hollywood vampires all day.

ATS is about denying ignorance. The fact is, there is no solid proof of real Vampires that require blood to survive. The disease porphyria is just that, a disease, not a case of the undead.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
If we create a forum space specifically for Vampires on here, then we have to make one for every nerd on Warcraft or Dungeons and Dragons also. I mean, let's face it, Despite what that Don Henrie guy would have you to believe, he is no vampire. He was a troubled teen who grew into a troubled adult but managed to not kill his parents in the process. He drinks blood, he wears all black, sharp nails the long black maine and all the ammenities to go with them but, when he disrobes and takes a shower, it becomes all clear, even to him, "I am but a man". Just because you call yourself a Vampire doesn't mean you are. It is a story and nothing more and those who try to live their life as a story, it's because they hate their own life so much that they must escape into an alternate reality, a reality that THEY control. Were THEY are the hunters and not the victim. They then begin to slowly accept it as part of their life because the illusion is that they now, as a result of this newfound power of Vampirism, have control of the people around them and truly instill power that they never held before. The illusion is that they have power, but what it really is, is that people are afraid of things that they don't understand. The unknown has always wretched peoples beliefs and it is not the Vampire (Don Henrie or the like) they are afraid of but the movies they have watched or Halloween costumes from childhood, maybe some crazy person who killed their parents such as this case. The Vampire Cult Killings
So "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" as FDR so coloquially put it in 1932 in his first Inaugural Address.
You know Charles Manson thought he was Jesus Christ. We now know this to be false, uhem. My point is that anyone can say they are anyone or anything but it doesn't make it so.
There is no reason why there should be an exclusive section on here for so-called VAMPIRES when they are actually just scared little kids wearing black and trying to look scary so adults won't admonish them to their faces and so bullies will be afraid of (not them) but the idea of a scary Vampire, hence, they get to keep their lunch money or days wage (depending how old they are), anyway, regardless of age, they are both most likely still living with their parents and their parents would probably kick them out of the basment if they didn't have some kind of rent to pay. So no. ATS could save alot of server space by not giving free reign to Vampires and Magis with +2 power shields and trolls with dangerous car sized hammers.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

[edit on 21-4-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
I think the forums are fine how they are. Making them multi-tiered makes browsing frustrating.

I think that the vampires topic fits well into the Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts forum, as it is now.

You are exactly right, and that is how it will stay no doubt, there is no need to create a forum for something that already fits perfectly into an exsisting forum. It only takes up more space that could be used for an original forum.

The mods will say no, and that this fourm is more than adequate but if you like you can send fill out the suggestion form and tell them your idea. It can not hurt anyway...

Here, click this link, it takes you right to the suggestion form

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See you around everybody!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
How can you put Vampyres under Cryptozoology. They're people too. In fact if you would open your eyes it would be more apparent to you. Im not talking about the BS hollywood vampires. Hollywood has them completely and totally misconstrued. They are not vicious nor can you be turned by being bitten. They cannot turn into bats. They do not live forever. Though it is hard to get sick. They are numerous, though they tend to shy away from the eyes of the public.

Allergic to Garlic and Sunlight. I know quite a few. Miami, New York, L.A, Austin, Dallas, name any major city in the world and I know that you will find Strigoi Vii. The living Vampyre. Note the spelling difference. Vampire=Bullcrap, Vampyre=Real Deal.

Vampyres

[Edit-content]

[edit on 21/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The increase of vamp posts can be linked to the increase in vamp output from hollywood. I expect an increase in werewolf posts and threads as soon as all the werewolf movies come out over the next 12 months.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If there is one...can we discuss the movie twilight...????

in a more serious note...you guys have watched too many teen vampires movies...creeps

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I HATE Twilight. Don't you lump me in with those poor pathetic souls. Haha, I even led a protest against airing Twilight at the movie theatre. Even sent a letter to Mrs. Meyer, saying exactly this. You Suck, Go Die. Never again

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

as long as there is a section somewhere we can post on vampires and the like I d'ont mind where it is.
Some of us,although a minority, find vampires intriguing whether they are mythical or not.
I enjoy talking about them as well as other more mainstream stuff.
We all enjoy different things on here which is what makes ATS/BTS such a diverse site.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
OMG this has turned into a dang vampire post. Stop the madness. For the love of all things crypto.. MAKE IT STOP!

Seriously it's 10X worse today. I honestly think this is somebody's idea of a bad, boring, relentless joke. They sure showed me by golly. I'm taking my bigfoot and going home. Wah!

[edit on 21-4-2009 by customfish]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
The increase of vamp posts can be linked to the increase in vamp output from hollywood. I expect an increase in werewolf posts and threads as soon as all the werewolf movies come out over the next 12 months.

And for that very reason, no point in creating an entire new forum for a passing fad.
In total, there are probably more movies made about super hero and comic book characters.
No need for a forum on that either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join