It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano: Illegal Immigration NOT a Crime?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Enculeur

You confuse student visas, H1B visas, and illegal immigration. If you entered legally and are near completion of your education, ask for CITIZENSHIP.

Except you are lying. You would have had numerous opportunities for American citizenship over all these years. You would have eligibility for employer sponsorship over all there years.

The United States do not make it difficult to become a citizen. We encourage citizenship. You are not a citizen for reasons other than obstruction.

Or you are a troll looking to stir up dissent/support.

Go now, and apply.

jw

[edit on 22-4-2009 by jdub297]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

this woman is the ugliest woman i have seen in a long time both in her face (her turkey neck and hundreds of pimples) BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY HER UGLY DARK DISGUSTING FILTHY SOUL. looking into her eyes gives me a deep sense of a sold out, bought and paid for, lesbian carpet munching, law ignoring, hateful, ignorant human being.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"Except you are lying. You would have had numerous opportunities for American citizenship over all these years. You would have eligibility for employer sponsorship over all there years."

Lying? I already applied over 10 years ago before I came here with my family and apparently is going to take another 8-10 years or even more if things don't slow down. By the way who exactly would sponsor a student with a BS degree? First I would need to find a really good job that would be willing to sponsor someone with no previous work experience. By the way, becoming a citizen is a completely different process from becoming a US resident, first you apply for residency and once you get your permanent residency you can then apply for citizenship which take another five years of waiting.

Some people who haven't applied for residency can't just apply for one at this very moment, if they entered illegally they would face deportation charges because they shouldn't be here in the first place and could receive a penalty that under immigration law would not allow them to get one in the future. If they entered legally they would have to go back to their countries and apply from there and even if they had all the documentation needed like proof of income and residency for the last N years they would be sent to the end of the queue and wait another 15-20 years, that's of course if they qualify first.

Get your facts straight, is not as easy it looks. Americans want it legal, the problem is that there are people just as American as you who think they should not go through the process and waste away years of opportunities because of that little number.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Napolitano: Illegal Immigration NOT a Crime?

www.freerepublic.com

On Sunday, April 19, 2009, Secretary Napolitano on CNN’s “State of the Union” proclaimed that crossing the border illegally is not a crime.

Obviously this is incorrect for a number of reasons.

The easiest hole to put in this statement is the statement itself.
He himself says crossing the border ILLEGALLY is not a crime. Yet he's using the word illegal which by definition DOES make it a crime.
Maybe he smoked some bad weed before making the statement?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What if she is on a semi-right track?
By this I mean, (by reading what someone who was a cop and had Border atrol duties posted here), that voluntary "deportation" is far cheaper than holding a trial for each illegal immigrant, putting them in jail when prisons are way too crowded and honestly should be used for harder crimes.
Also, illegals wouldn't be crossing the border if they didn't find jobs here.

So really, the toughest sanctions should go to the employers who hire them, the landlords who rent them places to live in, etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
even though im a social progressive, i do live in southern california, and the 'illegals' are all over the place. the claim that there are 12 to 20 million 'illegals' in the country. well it seems that nearly all of them are right here. one real easy solution....100% mandatory e-verify. any employers caught hiring 'illegals' get 5yrs in federal prison and all his assets seized. after a few flout the law and find out when they get to prison bubba makes a wife out of them, thatll be the end of it. no more worrying about the logistics. we dont have to deport anyone!!! no job no food no job no house!! thats it. youll witness a mass exodus on a biblical scale leaving to the south. now the hispanic caucas and the advocates will say racist or xenophobe...its neither...theyre BREAKING THE LAW!! if WE broke federal law, the feds wouldnt think a minute before kicking your ass in jail. here's my response to the advocates who always refer to the 'illegals' as undocumented....ok everyone gets a pass except the mexicans......they'd still be hollering and screaming about being unfair. well this country is NOT the northern territory of mexico to be overrun by all mexicans. just get the 'f' out and get in line like all of our ancestors did!!! no friggin' pass!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Originally posted by jfj123

Obviously this is incorrect for a number of reasons.

The easiest hole to put in this statement is the statement itself.
He himself says crossing the border ILLEGALLY is not a crime. Yet he's using the word illegal which by definition DOES make it a crime.
Maybe he smoked some bad weed before making the statement?

What are you trying to say? Your weed is good?

The quoted title of the piece is a statement?

It asks a question. (the mark at the end of the title signifies 'question;' it is called "question mark.")

Who, other than Napolitano, says "crossing the border ILLEGALLY is not a crime?" The article speaks for itself. "He himself" is paraphrasing/quoting Janet Napolitano; "he" is not saying anything in the quoted portions of the article.

Did you have to smoke anything, or are you just naturally unable to understand the article and punctuation? What "hole" have you put in the statement?

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 24-4-2009 by jdub297]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join