It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano: Illegal Immigration NOT a Crime?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

but i am sure you'll break the law to feed your love ones if you have no other choice...

your responce goes to show ...this is not about breaking laws...this is about xenophobia....

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

Really? Pointing out that millions of people around the world manage to provide for their families without crossing borders illegally is xenophobic?

Main Entry: xe·no·pho·bia Listen to the pronunciation of xenophobia
Pronunciation: \ˌze-nə-ˈfō-bē-ə, ˌzē-\
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin
Date: 1903

: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

What in my post showed fear or hatred of strangers or foreigners?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

First of all...answer the question i am asking....

second.... you are being bias..pick and choose laws and responces to fit your xenophobic set of mind....

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

What question? You asked if I would break the law to feed my family, and I told you I wouldn't sneak illegally into another country. I answered it.

Pointing out the definition of xenophobia is not "picking and choosing laws to fit" my "xenophobic set of mind." It's pointing out the definition of xenophobia.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

breaking the law in general, like robbery and stuff, would you steal food, or money to save your family from dying of starvation...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
reply to post by Jenna

but i am sure you'll break the law to feed your love ones if you have no other choice...

your responce goes to show ...this is not about breaking laws...this is about xenophobia....

With that attitude, I pity the people that live around you. Their belongings must be disappearing every time you decide you "really need" something.

And xenophobia? More likely that you are just grasping at words to use to put down anything and anyone that questions obama and his minions.

We call that obamaphilia ...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Under NAFTA the United States speeds up their transport of jobs to Mexico. Mexico in return transports their unemployment to the United States. What a deal for us Huh. We get to lose twice in this deal.

You are a racist red neck if you notice the disparity there by the way.

I think this lady should resign. Her insults and injury to Vets was enough for me since I am a vet. This latest deal just demonstrates their priorities will be to harass US citizens more and the illegals less. Strike 2 for her.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

hahah, funny, obama lover eh?....

.i am not american.i dont live in america (just here to study).i do not support american politics.i do not support any kind of goverment at all

being European, i have seen immigration, and i never had a problem with them coming to my country and let them work hard for their families, because i know if i were in their shoes i would do the same thing...

but i do not have a sence of patrotism or nationalism like you guys.. i am more of a "all of us are equal" kind of guy...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Let's stay on topic and not get diverted by stupid "what if" questions. The fact is it is a criminal offense to enter this country without the requisite documentation/permission. The person in charge of enforcing that law and all other laws claims there is no criminal offense to pander to La Raza and other pro-hispanic groups. We should be concerned when government officials begin to lie about laws to appease interest groups.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sounds like more of that "Change" that people voted in. What was once illegal in now legal, and what was legal will soon be illegal.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The reality is that the government doesn't charge them with a crime. They treat them as a civil case to get them deported quicker. The government doesn't have the resources to charge each one with a crime and have to provide a lawyer, a jail cell, and other things that are required by law. So in a way she is correct.

However, I will say that she should have explained herself better and should have structured her wording a whole lot better. As stated, it does sound as though she means it isn't a crime. I am also curious why the interviewer didn't rebut her on this statement and ask for clarification.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Originally posted by jd140

I was asked a question the other day on how I thought President Obama was doing. ... I answered that ... the people around him are making him look like an idiot.

Tim Geithner has no clue and should be canned. The rest of the cabinet, howqever, are doing exactly what BHO wants them to.

That they look like idiots is (or should be) more of a reflection on BHO and his ideology than on the people parroting them for him.

jw

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by CyberMerk

HEY!!!!!!

Does this mean that illegal bank robbing is not a crime too??? Does this mean that anything "Illegal" is not a crime either?? Got to come back to the US, Illeagally of course so I can have some fun.

As long as you don't own a gun, believe in States' rights, or aren't a veteran, I think you're good to go.

Advice: Change your name to 'Garcia,' join ACORN, and watch NBC or CNN. You've got a free pass to do what you want after that.

If you can get to Mexico, cross over to the U.S., and get caught, you are WAY ahead of the game. You can pretty much dictate your terms.

jw

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by octaviameister

... I suppose, unfortunately, she is correct, there is no longer a law preventing illegals coming into the US.

No, I think there just are no more "illegals," unless you refer to gun owners, veterans and conservatives.

There deifinitely is "no law preventing illegals coming into the U.S."

jw

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by badmedia

I'm all for "open" borders.

Too bad! Section 1325 says there should be reasonable restrictions over 'coming and going.'

Change the rules, or leave. "open borders" shouldn't slow you down.

Go. Now. What are you waiting for? LEAVE! The "borders" will open just for you.

Makes me sick.

I DARE you to go somewhere else to get sick.

The U.S.Code places minimal restrictions on what people need to do to cross into the U.S. Too restrictive?

GO!

Find someplace that likes your ideas. (Hint: NO ONE LIKES YOUR IDEAS)

jw

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

i am sure you'll break the law to feed your love ones if you have no other choice...

You are completely lost, aren't you? This isn't about preferences or fears or discrimination. It deals with enforcement of laws enacted to ensure secure borders.

Do you reject secure borders? Do you reject obeying duly enacted laws?
This IS about enforcing our laws.

What, precisely, is your objection?

jw

[edit on 21-4-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

First of all...answer the question i am asking....

second.... you are being bias..pick and choose laws and responces to fit your xenophobic set of mind....

You obviously do not understand the meaning of the word "bias" or the T &Cs of ATS.

This thread is about 8 U.S.C. section 1325, and Napolitaono's refusal to enforce it.

Nothing else.

Start an "open border" thread if you think you can. Make an educated reply, if you think yo can.

Prospects look pretty dim for either right about now.

We're only discussing THIS law; not bias and not voodoo. Can you offer a reasoned response why the Secretary of Homeland Security should be able to refuse to enforce border/immigration laws?

jw

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I've never really considered people crossing the border to be that big a deal
"Oh no! people come into this country from another country!"
seems fairly petty to me, why not focus on more important stuff

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

breaking the law in general, like robbery and stuff, would you steal food, or money to save your family from dying of starvation...

You're a thief, aren't you? A robber, burglar, murderer? You're just looking for ATS to sanctify your own disregard for the law.

Any rule that restricts your free will is suspect and unjust, isn't it?

Society needs to pay for all it's done to you right?

You'll teach them, won't you?

jw

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Originally posted by jam321

I will say that she should have explained herself better and should have structured her wording a whole lot better. As stated, it does sound as though she means it isn't a crime. I am also curious why the interviewer didn't rebut her on this statement and ask for clarification.

What she said is exactly what she is DOING! DHS has quashed several planned raids on illegal-employers. She has stayed enforcement actions in several cases.

BHO and his administration are no longer willing to enforce immigration/border laws as written, so they just ignore violations.

jw

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join