It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No cover up, no conspiracy - just crazy space men.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There is no proof of lands beyond our shore.

There are no people who have skin that is dark.

People do not live among the jungles as animals! Men are civilized, as we can clearly see.

What Heresy to suggest that God made us to live with the animals. In their domain - NO! Surely we control our own domain and have been given the animals, and the plants!

These sailors, with their tales of Mermaids, lost lands, ghost ships, sea dragons... they all suffer from the sea sickness.

Likewise, it is too that our own Star Sailors bring back stories of space Mermaids, moon bases, UFOs and ET life.

Astronauts suffer from a form of psychosis as they lose their strong connections with the government indoctrination and training programs which are designed to shield the mind from going over the edge and promoting stories of fantasy. The psychological impact of having actually been off of the planet, in space, and to the moon eventually causes a break down, a degradation of their imposed mental shielding.

Granted, it's not a dangerous form of psychosis, but one that drives our species to discover. Perhaps their long periods of training with the government have deluded our human tendency to... do something more than is required. The psychosis is a natural disposition that humans adopt when faced with the mystery of what is beyond the frontier. It's an innate response within us when faced with mystery, and it is what drives us to explore and to discover.

The first sailors and fisherman must certainly have been afflicted by the same mental phenomenon. Surely they must have believed without a doubt that there was more lands to be discovered... more... New Worlds, as we say. There must be something else. There just has to be something else.

It isn't too much of a logical or reasonable to leap for a sailor, fisherman, or anyone who has spent much of their life on the seas to say, "If there is land here, there is probably land elsewhere... further away... magical lands with dragons. Waters with mermaids, we've all heard the stories of them from our fellow men! Surely they do not lie! I shall set sail and see for myself. I shall not be afflicted by any disease of the mind to cause me to claim falsehoods."

It's the same with these Astronauts. They don't know for certain, and they have no evidence at all other than the typical myth of the "space mermaid", the word of mouth of contemporaries.. if you know what I mean. Things that people see... the space junk that looks like something in their imagination.. something that they want to desperately be something else.

Just illusions of the sea, really.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That's a pretty bold statement. Can you provide any sources or any proof of your claim?

I am simply referring to a study detailing these symtoms and these effects, and surely they were done on Astronauts if this is just a prevelant issue.

In the meantime I think your wrong. There is an abundance of evidence that suggests NASA isn't telling the full story. They refuse to answer simple questions about footage and doctored photographs.

There are far too many of these Astronauts who claim to have seen more than spacejunk for it to be a coincidence.

With your logic you would seem to suggest that all sightings here on Earth a simple Hallucination brought on by the collective though of ET visitation?

You'll need a little more than that to convince me, albeit I think your idea has merit, it would be an intelligent solution to this phenomina.

Edit To Add: Also there is very little reason to say that sailors of our time would be afflicted by the same thing since the environments are completely different. On the ocean you can only see to the horizon, in space you can pretty much see forever, so anything you DO see is quite clear, if it has intelligent motion, why not suggest it is intelligent?

~Keeper

[edit on 4/20/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

There are far too many of these Astronauts who claim to have seen more than spacejunk for it to be a coincidence.

If you pay attention, most of the Astronauts who have "claimed" to see a UFO are nothing more than a narrator skewing what the Astronauts are saying.

Take this Buzz Aldrin video for example. Listen to exactly what he says and pay attention to the different context that the narrator is using.

www.youtube.com...

If you took everything that Buzz said and put it in a different context by using a different narrator, it wouldn't be interesting it all. It would just be an astronaut who couldn't positively I.D what he saw floating out in space (something that is NOT easy to do by any means).

Pay attention to the music too. It's nothing but shallow propaganda.

Now, what does something that he can not identify, floating in space, have to do with an Alien UFO?

If it doesn't have to do with an Alien UFO, then are you telling me that this lends proof to an Alien UFO, or just - and only just - an object that hasn't been identified.

And, what, is so remarkable about an object that can't be identified floating around in space, with all the space junk floating around out there?

Hell, I bet there are plenty of items that you come across every day that you have no idea what they are, what they are for, who made them, where they are going, or what what what.

Put it in space, and all of the sudden it's special?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by logician magician]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
There is an abundance of evidence that suggests NASA isn't telling the full story. They refuse to answer simple questions about footage and doctored photographs.

There is not an abundance of evidence that suggests NASA isn't telling the full story. There is, however, an abundance of evidence that people other than NASA are claiming that NASA hasn't told the full story.

I can claim a pile of # is a brick of gold, but that doesn't make it true.

Just because NASA doesn't give the accusations the time of day, does not lend any credence to them being true.

And I can't believe that any intelligent person would be surprised that NASA wouldn't answer questions about "doctored" photographs for various reasons. One being that after doing it once, they'd be be raged by other requests - requests which if denied would only lend to more "delusional evidence" that they are hiding something. NASA doesn't have the budget to play silly games with crazy people, sorry.

Also there is very little reason to say that sailors of our time would be afflicted by the same thing since the environments are completely different. On the ocean you can only see to the horizon, in space you can pretty much see forever, so anything you DO see is quite clear, if it has intelligent motion, why not suggest it is intelligent?

Anything you do see is clear. It's light is also not obscured by a medium of air/distance from you, which is an important visual que that humans use to judge distance. Reference points are also few and far between in space, which lends to proper judgment of speed, size, and trajectory. It's VERY difficult to judge anything about an object - especially one which you don't know what it is - when it is against a black background, btw.

It's very unlike judging the speed, trajectory, and size of a plane against a clear blue sky. You know how big the average plane is. You know how fast the average plane goes. You know planes usually fly level on the horizon, etc...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If there really are aliens running - or flying - around, there is a great deal of effort (not to mention money) being put into the coverup.

If there aren't any, then the government and NASA and other agencies must be getting quite tired of all the accusations and demands and just wish that there were a way to prove the negative.

In either case, I would think that they would be eager to give us this explanation if it is that simple. I, however, have never heard of this before. If it is true, surely NASA is aware of it, so why would they not tell us about it themselves?

top topics

join