It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO snapped hovering in Northern Territory sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

UFO snapped hovering in Northern Territory sky

www.news.com.au

A TERRITORY mother has backed up claims unidentified flying objects have returned to the Top End after she photographed two "discs of light" in the sky.

Kym told The Northern Territory News that the image was taken on her mobile phone and that she didn't notice the strange lights in the clouds until she downloaded her pictures on to her computer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ntnews.com.au

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There have been quite a few cases of UFO's being spotted in Australia's Northern Territory lately. Usually something is spotted with no accompanying pics or video. This case is a bit different in that nothing was spotted at the time, but the 'discs of light' were noticed later.

You can see the image on the news article, however I have the original uploaded to my ATS media (the pic was obtained through my work connections). Here's the link:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

So do you think it's a UFO - something that was physically in the sky, or could it be a reflection from an out-of-view light source (on the lower left or upper right)?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Very cool photo. It almost looks like there is a tornado also in that photo (far right). Wonder if it could be debris spinning out from a tornado? It sure looks like a flying saucer to me, though. Where are our ats photo experts tonight?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

She took many photos and even some video footage on her phone but said the UFOs only appeared in the one shot.

I don't profess to be an expert, but given the fact that it only showed up in the one photo I would assume its simply a digital camera artifact. These can happen from a variety of causes but usually they're permanent (ie: same place in every shot). However, it looks like the photo was taken during a thunderstorm and it makes me wonder if that could be ball lightning or just a lightning strike from another direction caused an artifact in the image.

Either way, food for thought.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
They look like down-lights in her home that are reflected in the window she took the photo through. But there are only two, spaced a fair way apart. Usually you need a few down-lights to actually light up a room.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm confused over what she was intending on photographing in the first place since she said she didn't notice the objects until she saw the photo on her computer. Perhaps the clouds? Also, what she mentions about the possible street lamp reflection on the mobile phone she used makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It just seems silly/odd that she would mention streetlamps when it's the middle of the daytime..

Plenty of other people have been caught claiming to have cell phone pictures only for the photos to end up hoaxed and faked. The most recent example I can remember is from a show about MUFON investigations that I think was on discovery channel a couple times before it was cancelled. They were investigating the claims of a teenager in Mexico City who claimed to have cell phone images of a very clear UFO over his house. They analyzed the images more closely and found blatantly obvious proof of photo editing and they confronted him about it. It's almost like people can claim to have caught it on their cell-phone so that makes it more believable since it would appear more spontaneous. Of coarse, this case would be a little different since the UFO's weren't noticed until later (supposedly).

Hypothetically, if this were to be a hoax, you would probably want to mention the street lamp idea like she did. That way when people say "It's just reflections of the street lights" you can say you've already ruled it out. If this were lens flare, you would be able to draw a line from one object, through the second towards the brightest light source and have a straight line. You don't see that here, so probably isn't lens flare either.

One odd thing about the photo closeup on that website linked to in the news story is how pixelated and strange the object looks as far as lighting/coloration. It looks almost bright and/or illuminated but that would be impossible due to the cloud cover in the photo. It would have to be explained by the light given off by the object itself (or at least this would better explain the coloration/brightness of the objects).

Another thing to keep in mind is that a severely pixelated image like this is alot easier to fake/hoax than some of these other hoaxes I've seen (like this insane CG video). Only problem is the blatantly obvious cloned trees in this one though.. LOL!

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well given the nice weather we are seeing my first guess would be some kind of ball lightning.

ball lightning

Or some other electronic discharge above the clouds. Especially if it was only witnessed for a few seconds.

Peace

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I was one of the lucky ones who have been fortunate to have seen ball lightning. From memory, I can't see how the objects in that picture could be ball lightning.
I remember the ball lightning being perfectly spherical.

All other accounts I've heard from others who have seen the natural phenomenon also describe ball lightning to be perfectly spherical.

My guess is that photo was taken from behind a pane of glass. You're likely seeing the reflection of something luminous in the room with her.

... as for ball lightning, did you know it can pass through walls? I didn't, darn thing did an S pattern through the room... then again, I didn't know what ball lightning was until after I saw it.

If I wasn't so objective, I probably would have had a heart attack, lol.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by johnsky]

new topics

top topics

join