It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Astronaut Demands Release of Saucer Secrets!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I would caution everyone from putting their heart and sole into Mitchel by reminding them that he is human. Sure, been in space and has done neat stuff his whole life, but he is human nonetheless, and subject to the same desires, beliefs, and overall general human condition of stupidity that we all suffer from.

As far as I know, he has not expressed anything aloud that says he actually has first hand knowledge about anything whatsoever. And he has been on this bandwagon a long time now, this didn't just happen. He has been spewing this stuff for years. I would assume as long as he has been in the game of talking about UFO's and whatnot that he has nothing that can be proven, verified or sources that could be pressured into revelation through public attention.....as it would have happened already given the countless times I have heard him speak about the topic.

Shame, really. I feel bad for the guy....it may be he is getting taken advantage a little too, who knows.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If you are not a doctor, and have not met the man personally, then do not assume that he is senile. I have been in health care for almost 40 years, and senility is noty a diagnosis that is easily made. I have never met the man, but I have heard him speak on tv, and have found what he said to be credible. I have also noticed that he chooses his words carefully. In other words, he thinks carefully about what he is saying before he says it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm not saying that Dr. Edgar Mitchell is crazy, however, one must question the mans mental condition after this interview from 2004:

"Former NASA Apollo astronaut Dr. Edger Mitchell credits a 14 year old teenager named Adam from Vancouver, BC for curing his cancer."

"Adam uses the quantum hologram theory to heal people from great distances said, Dr. Edgar Mitchell. In simplest terms, quantum hologram describes a universe where information - essentially all matter and energy in the cosmos - is known non-locally and simultaneously. That explains how Adam cured my kidney cancer from his parents home in Vancouver while I was at my home in Florida several thousand miles away."

I just don't think he is playing with a full deck.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by phrankie79]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

I would love to know more about the kidney cancer. Do you know if he had cancer and what, if any, treatment he was taking. I would be very interested to know those details. He must be an extremely intelligent man, to have been an astronaut. I think these statments coming out by these guys is wonderful! If I had to keep a secret like that for all those years, when I got "up in years" I'd spill the beans too!! I am sure they feared for the lives of their familys. I am sure it was "understood" that they were not to talk about the aliens.

[edit on 4/20/2009 by PammyK]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
he's been in space and on the moon. All he wants is public awareness of e.t. The government can't lie about ufos forever.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Hiya pammy, you can read more about it here www.sageera.com...

He has made some pretty amazing claims, but not one shred of evidence to back any of it up.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Now this is what we need more of! what about this mans credibility?? will they listen?? If they all came forward with thier accounts there would be more than enough people in NASA alone to bring full disclosure and with that many people going public they couldn't deny anything.. we need some kind of unity for this to work

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think old Ed has a few things up his sleeve before he passes on.

He is not the first Apollo crew member to come forward and and will not be the last.

I believe there will be more gentle disclosures from Goverment departments world wide in the not to distant future.

Regards. BDU

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Typical snide backhanded responses from the usual skeptics around here, similar to the thread I posted last year about Clark McClelland.. and they had a cheap go at Edgar Mitchell in that thread too while they were at it. Despicable.

All I have to say on this thread, is that I awoke to the 6am news to get up for work, and THIS was the main news headline, after the Ahmadinejad speech and the walkout at the Geneva conference, this was the next breaking news headline! Apollo astronaut says aliens and UFOs are real! This is on the main Newstalk ZB radio station, the one most 'ordinary' New Zealanders tune in to for their news. It never made the tv news tonight, I would imagine a 'drip-feed' approach to disclosure is somewhat underway. A lot of people at work heard the news and they aren't all that amazed by it. Many of us believe in this stuff anyway. We know the governments of this world are lying and corrupt and don't find it such a huge stretch that they have been lying on this one too! This is the way all of us at work are feeling right now, no kidding. It's amazing what a recession does to the perception of an ordinary working man. So just bear this in mind, hardcore skeptics that see Edgar Mitchell as a senile old fool - we who heard him on the radio this morning don't see him as a fool!

One gets the feeling changes are in the wind...

[edit on 21-4-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by Chovy

The more we hear from Edgar Mitchell the closer I believe we get to the truth and I commend him for his efforts, regardless of what the skeppies say he is on the right track

Where do we draw the line? Another former Apollo moon walker declared that Noah's Ark is real, on Mt. Ararat, and he's been there and seen it. Does that settle it?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phrankie79
He also tried to communicate from the moon via ESP.

... and failed, but then rewrote the going-in 'success criteria' a few times until it looked like 'success'.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I doubt Edgar would be out in the open demanding such things

Edgar Mitchell has been VERY vocal all through the recent years. If you google him up in reference to UFO disclosre and aliens, you'll see tons of things ... news stories, youtubes, ... everything.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

How come the only astronauts who speak about ufos are over 70, and are on the verge of full-blown alzheimers?

Have you ever thought it's because maybe there's not much left that the govt. can do to him? He's almost dead, they're not gonna lock him up, and he wants the truth to be told before he dies.

Yes, if he would have broke his silence 20-30 years ago, he could have faced prison, the loss of his pension, etc.

Now he doesn't have anything to lose. I think it solidifies his claims that he's waited until now.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Edgar Mitchell has been spouting this kind of stuff for years now yet he has never been able to back up his claims. I listened to his debate on Coast to Coast with Richard C.Hoagland. He was all over the shop, changing his stories etc until he finally became quite abusive to dear old Hoagy. I think Mitchell is just as in the dark as the rest of us when it comes to the reality of alien intelligences. The Apollo astronaut we should be hoping and praying comes forward and reveals what he knows is Neil Armstrong. Something he saw in space, or on the moon, made him completely withdraw from society and hide away until recently when he came forward with tears in his eyes and gave those cryptic hints about protective truths being removed etc. He clearly knows something. . .

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

One has to wonder what is going on inside a mans head who believes that people can be healed with psi energy. He also tried to communicate from the moon via ESP.

Maybe you should read a book called Out of Body by Bob Monroe, or My Big TOE by Tom Campbell. With some research, you'll find out there is more to reality than you think.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
They're demanding disclosure now because Obamas administration is "supposed" to release classified information to the public. I hope he keeps his word.

Ya its cool and all that they want to release certain classified info but I doubt the Obama adiministration even has info on certain UFO/Alien related topics and if they did they woudl quickly be silenced before they try to release such info. There were other presidents before Obama who were interested in releasing such info and they were quickly silenced.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
If you are not a doctor, and have not met the man personally, then do not assume that he is senile. I have been in health care for almost 40 years, and senility is noty a diagnosis that is easily made. I have never met the man, but I have heard him speak on tv, and have found what he said to be credible. I have also noticed that he chooses his words carefully. In other words, he thinks carefully about what he is saying before he says it.

If i where you kettle i wouldn't have even dignified that with a response. I mean cmon senility..... That is the ultimate cop out.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cydonia2012

edgar mitchell doesnt claim to have ever seen a ufo or alien being.

You should know on the way back from the moon he describes having an almost religous like experience. I think during re-entry. From then on he's been a bit...out there.

He said from his religous experience he believed we were not alone in the universe. He was an easy target for the ufo crowd. He has no special knowledge he just hears the same stories as evryone else and becuase he's a former astronaut (saw nothing himself mind) he gets alot of attention.

i think that trip to the moon was just too much for him.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As others have said, because Edgar Mitchell has no first hand knowledge of ETs, his opinion on the matter doesn't carry any more weight than any other private citizen's opinion on the matter. The fact that he is a former astronaut has no bearing at all. He is simply a man with an opinion -- an opinion which he is certainly entitled to have -- but an opinion nevertheless.

But let's not fall into the logical fallacy of "Appealing to Authority", because Mitchell's authority in this case is not relevant to his claims.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

Yeah imagine that, a young boy being able to heal Edgar from long distances, imagine how crazy Edgar must be to believe that the power of thought could cure cancer.....

www.youtube.com...

Check that out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join