It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran leader sparks walkout at UN over Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Iran leader sparks walkout at UN over Israel

news.yahoo.com

Dozens of Western diplomats walked out of a U.N. conference and a pair of rainbow-wigged protesters threw clown noses at Iran's president Monday when the hard-line leader called Israel the "most cruel and repressive racist regime."
One of the protesters shouted "You are a racist!" before he and the other demonstrator were taken away by security.

Ahmadinejad interjected: "I call on all distinguished guests to forgive these ignorant people. They don't have enough information."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.haaretz.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.presstv.ir

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Why does any criticism of Israel get the poster labeled an “Anti Semite”
Israel – The Sociopathic State
Israel Cries Wolf
Is it anti-Semitic to criticise Israel?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am currently looking for the transcript, but from the quotes i have read thus far (from over 10 articles), i don't see the reason for such a sophomoric protest. Ahmadinejad is only speaking the truth. Whether Israel is the "most" cruel and repressive racist regime, is up for debate but undeniably Israel is a cruel and repressive racist regime.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well I certainly agree with Iran on this one. It's funny that all the "western" diplomats were the ones to walk out. You don't see any European countries arguing now do you?

Ofcourse not, the West needs to keep friends with Israel in order to save face from the mistake of giving them their own land all those years ago.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What is worst is that these people who walked out represent us the lay people, and i would recon most of us lay people are into peace, and peace are only uptainable thru talks.

I am a shamed on how our so called civilized politicians behaves like spoiled kids.

best regards.

Loke.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
oops ... sorry... my bad...

there is already a thread started here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
From what I've seen so far on this, it was all manufactured.

First, the call for a walkout during his speech by Jewish groups like this one:

April 15, 2009

Leaders of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations called for a walkout when the president of Iran speaks in Geneva next week.

The Jewish community’s umbrella group on foreign affairs issued the call in advance of the appearance by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at the Durban Review Conference. Delegations should “absent themselves or walk out when Iran’s radical president” speaks, the conference said in a statement Monday.

source

And then protesters, a part of the French delegation:

The three "clowns" who interrupted Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech in Geneva on Monday were Rafael Haddad, Jonathan Hayoun and Jeremy Cohen, three Jewish French students from L'Union des Etudiants Juifs de France (UFJ), the union of Jewish French students.

They positioned themselves at opposite ends of the hall when Ahmadinejad took the stage, and as he uttered his first words whipped out the clown wigs from their pockets and yelled "racist" at the Iranian president.

source

No matter that the words he "uttered" were the traditional "In the name of God, the Compassionate the Merciful..." that precede every speech. Compare that to the quote in the OP's news story, that implies they disrupted his speech at criticism of israel.

video here: www.youtube.com...

There's a lot of effort going into deflecting people's attention away from what he actually said. The coverage is focusing on two things: the walkout, and the protesters. I'm still looking for a transcript. Thusfar the only video I can find is of the walkout and the clowns.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by vox2442]

new topics

top topics

join