It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Utsuro Bune Encounter 1803

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Intriguing 200 year old story from Japan:

A well recorded and little known event in the Western world would be the events of the Utsuro Bune. This is a myth dating from circa 1800 Japan. It states that a USO ( unidentified submerged object) washed up on the shore. The inhabitants of the village witnessed the object on the shore stating that is was spherical with strange writing on it. Out of the capsule came a woman dressed in fine clothing. She spoke a different language and was not able to communicate with the locals.

The Iwase Bunko Library has in its possession a document entitled Hyouryuukishuu (”Tales of Castaways”), which was printed during the late Edo period (1603-1868):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e79f7ecd69b.jpg[/atsimg]

According to the document, this vessel washed ashore at Harashagahama in Hitachi-no-kuni (present-day Ibaraki prefecture):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f58d5fa7e73.jpg[/atsimg]

Together with these tales is the report of a damaged ship with a extremely mystifying form. According to the record, this large craft washed shorewards at Harashagahama. The specifications of the craft, specified as 3 meters tall by 5 meters in width, had been built from red sandalwood and metal and was equipped with openings of glass or crystal:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd6824bd473a.jpg[/atsimg]

The mystifying characters of an unfamiliar writing system were discovered etched inside the craft. Aboard the wandering vessel was a delicately decorated young lady with pale face and red eyebrows and locks. She was assessed to be amid Eighteen and Twenty years of age. Considering that she uttered an unfamiliar language, those that chanced upon her were incapable of determining from where she came.
In her arms, she grasped a basic timber case that looked to be of great importance to her, as she would permit nobody to approach it.

History Channel Documentary:

Mysterious 200 year old hand drawn Japanese accounts of a strange women from a bowl/disk shaped craft that came out of the sea during the Edo period of Japan.

Links:
www.ukarea51.com...
novelfindings.blogspot.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Intriguing... The only thing that makes this unusual as an alien encounter is the fact that the ship was built out of wood and metal. Obviously not strong enough to withstand the forces that UFOs are witnessed to go through. Maybe an early submarine from a lost civilization?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
Intriguing... The only thing that makes this unusual as an alien encounter is the fact that the ship was built out of wood and metal. Obviously not strong enough to withstand the forces that UFOs are witnessed to go through. Maybe an early submarine from a lost civilization?

LiquidLight, thanks for the reply - on the documentary the Professor from Tokyo University who has studied the history of the case mentions the spherical-like ship was metallic and that there were also many other sightings up and down the coast of Japan with separate drawings and descriptions. Who knows - there may well be a rational explanation but its certainly an interesting story.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wonder if there's any connection to those red-haired mummy's they found in china.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Similar craft:

Location. Japan

According to Tau-se from an ancient manuscript called "Sey-to-ki", during the time of Emperor Ton-Yo, in the year of "Mon-Sham" a "divine man" descended from the sky, using a "monster that was emitting light" (spacecraft??).
The people called this man "the master." He received the name Tan-kun (Sandalwood God) and his country was called Peson.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3ad5bb76f58.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: Space Visitors in Ancient Japan by Mikhail Rosenshpitz in:
"Unbelievable World" #8 August 2004

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This thread has me interested, but before I make any comments, I have a question.

Is the drawing depicting the woman who came in the craft? She looks very oriental to me. And what of her black hair in the drawing? They had red to color the ship, so they would have had red to match her hair to the written description.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This has just been found on youtube.
Thought I'd share it with you here as more info in relation to this thread, which I'm surprised to see that it has not been as popular as it should..

Doh! I've just noticed this vid is already linked to in the OP at the bottom.
Ah well, it's here as well now..

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Awesome...Always good to hear of news stories which have not really been discussed...I do thank you Karl12 great stuff and i will continue to research this as well to see if i can find some stuff on it

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The locals durring that time "assumed" it was "wood or metal" how would they know it was anything but that? They had no reference/knowledge to other materials like we do today.

What I'd like to know is...what happened to this "woman" and her mysterious box?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

From what I remember, the people eventually found the whole thing and her to be ominous, and thus sent out the vessel to sea again. So who knows what happened to her.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ok I'm a Brit but I do buy your products when I can because made in the USA is kick ass........... The misses just looked at the pic' and said "they're looking at a Webber BBQ"

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I find it pretty interesting that those symbols are very similiar to the ones on the Rendlesham Forest UFO.

Rendlesham Forest cast Part 1 of 6

[edit on 9-6-2009 by avat178]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
The locals durring that time "assumed" it was "wood or metal" how would they know it was anything but that? They had no reference/knowledge to other materials like we do today.

Warren,thats an interesting point -I suppose the locals had no other context to put it in.
Don't know what happened to the 'woman with the mysterious box'
though.
Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by avat178
I find it pretty interesting that those symbols are very similiar to the ones on the Rendlesham Forest UFO.

Avat178,interesting post -don't know if you've seen it but the new James Fox film "I know what I saw" examines the Rendlesham symbols and speculates about their possible meaning.
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wow this is very interesting.
The symbols don't look earthly to me.
As another member mentioned the people back would have no idea what it was made out of, and they certainly wouldn't scream alien at it.

Now this is either extraterrestial or interterrestrial, as in they come from the ocean, (which is very possible as we havent explored the depths properly).
The ship didnt appear to have any space propulsion engines, and was very small, only big enough to fit the women (or alien disguised as a japanese women to not scare the locals).

The box was very strange, what was so important about it?

And the locals just pushed it back out to sea!!?? WHAT

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The bottom symbol of the triangle is interesting, like a star in the middle and a planet on the outside, the line could represent a position, the triangle i have no idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This thread needs a bump, as it fascinated me which is rare.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
call me crazy but this account can explain the mummies found in China with red hair...think about it.

I'm looking into this. I smell coverup!

Oh yea, S&F for you.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
This thread needs a bump, as it fascinated me which is rare.

Well thanks for the bump -it certainly is an interesting story.

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Now this is either extraterrestial or interterrestrial, as in they come from the ocean, (which is very possible as we havent explored the depths properly).

I don't think we'll ever get to the bottom of this one but you're certainly right about the ocean depths - according to the 'Jacques Cousteau National Research Reserve' we've only ever explored five percent of the world's oceans (link).

Dr. Ivan Sanderson also makes an interesting point here about Unidentified Flying Objects:

Dr. Ivan T. Sanderson who suggested that aliens could remain undetected by building their bases beneath the world’s oceans.
Dr. Sanderson found that by actual count, over 50 percent of the UFO sightings had occurred over, coming from, or plunging into or coming out of water.

USO Research Thread

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
cool, this is very interesting..

on the symbols...the circle with the cross on top is similar to the medical symbol for female..just upside down

triangle for pyramids? with some kind of astrological association?

who knows..i could imagine an alien race trying to decipher what the markings on an f-16 ment lol

1800's hmm...the craft is kinda like the first submarines, weren't they kinda spherical? Of course this one is way way off course lol

just brainstorming, but very intriguing!

ahh..here, the turtle late 1700's early 1800's early submarine similar in appearance...but like i said, way way off course...but who knows what someone could have come up with in our history, I've always believed we don't give our ancestors the credit they deserve.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join