It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 years of DEvolution!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.scottish.parliament.uk...

The Parliament is to mark 10 years of devolution with a special programme of engagement activities - one of which will involve every child born in Scotland on 1 July 1999.

A member of the public whose daughter shares her birthday with the Scottish Parliament has inspired the format of the day on Wednesday, 1 July 2009.

Announcing a programme of activities for the 10th anniversary today, Presiding Officer Alex Fergusson MSP said the task of contacting more than 150 children, who were born on the day that the Parliament received its full legislative powers, had now begun.

He added that it was only fitting that the children who “share a historic bond” with the Scottish Parliament should be central to the event, which will include an open day for the public and a birthday party for the 10-year-olds.

something kinda oddd about this i think, i may just be looking too far into it, i noticed a small advert in my local newspaper askin all born on july 1st 1999 to contact parliment!

what do you think guys!!

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Free4Ever2]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
nothing anyone?? surely somone must have heard something about this, all i could find on it is in the link ive given . peace

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I'm glad we got our own Parliament back after 200+ years. And I hope all those ten year old children have a great day out !

But as Enoch Powell said many years ago ... power devolved is power retained. Despite the recent financial woes I hope the government bring forward an independence vote soon so that we can finally cut our ties from the United Kingdom.

We deserve nothing less.

new topics

join