It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Calif.: Anti-gay marriage answer 'Cost me my crown'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Absolutely. This exposed the hateful side of those who have made "tolerance" their mantra. Except when you don't believe what they do. Then you're a dumb b*tch. Definitely made the pageant look bad, but did give it a LOT of press coverage.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
reply to post by Fremd

Absolutely. This exposed the hateful side of those who have made "tolerance" their mantra. Except when you don't believe what they do. Then you're a dumb b*tch. Definitely made the pageant look bad, but did give it a LOT of press coverage.

That's ridiculous, blaming the gay community for the actions of a moronic, attention seeker like Perez Hilton is like blaming all religious straight people for the moronic words of Phelps. Neither side deserves to have the weight of any morons words on their shoulders. Unless of course that's just an excuse for you being angry with the gay movement, leave gays alone, just because one gay man is a moron should have no bearing on the rest of them.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
That's ridiculous, blaming the gay community for the actions of a moronic, attention seeker like Perez Hilton is like blaming all religious straight people for the moronic words of Phelps. Neither side deserves to have the weight of any morons words on their shoulders. Unless of course that's just an excuse for you being angry with the gay movement, leave gays alone, just because one gay man is a moron should have no bearing on the rest of them.

I agree with you in the sense that it should be this way.

The point i was trying to make is that this particular judge isn't doing his cause a favor. His cause being "tolerance"

He's not showing tolerance towards someone who doesn't think his lifestyle is moral.

It's just hypocrisy, nothing more.

But in the eyes of the moronic masses, it goes like this:

"Whut! That queer judge made that perdy lady loose because she don't like queers! THATS BS MAN! Thats BS!! Down with queers!"

Of course i give a gross generalization...but the point is still there.

Members of the gay community have been preaching out against the contestant for the way she answered the question.

I think they should be screaming out against the judge for even asking it in the first place.

in a world where tolerance needs to come in more abundance, we certainly don't need this type of discrimination...it only makes things worse.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I do agree with you Fremd, I just thought that other posters post was rather careless.

The gay community doesn't do itself any good by defending Perez and insulting Miss California. I agree it is hypocrisy and the kind of reaction you expect from the other side, but I think it's sad to see someone assume all gays agree with him and that they can directly put down the gay movement because of one attention whores comments.

And that appears to be what this whole thing is about. Perez shouldn't have asked the question, but I bet he wanted the attention, and after the response it got Miss California is milking her loss for all it's worth. I think they're both getting exactly what they want and people shouldn't give them the satisfaction.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join