It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Calif.: Anti-gay marriage answer 'Cost me my crown'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

When the judge says something like this about who he judged days after the contest it is safe to assume he did not give that person top marks.

Yes, but that does not prove that she lost due to the comment. While I'm sure he voted against her for her answer another judge on the news this morning said he voted with her for her answer.

I don't really know that much about what happened, just what I have read here and other news sites. If this was the last question of the night, then it may not have harmed her that much. Although I cannot see how you give her bad marks for her opinion. She answered honestly and for a beauty contestant, it was well worded.

But if it was not the last question then that judge most likely gave her bad marks the rest of the contest because of that answer, after all he is still holding a grudge. Every article I have read pretty much stated that the opinion she gave was what caused her the crown.

A gay guy potentially ruined a lifetime of work because she did not agree with gay marriage. Until the gay communtiy gets what they want we can expect more behavior of this nature.

Then again, who really cares.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett
well no one seems to have said anything about the fact that this was a loaded question from a openly gay man, of course he was completly objective in his desision Im sure he did not hold this agianst her.

of course no one would say anything about that, they are too into their own agenda.

she lost because of this question and only this question. right when i viewed the question i said *she just lost*. There is a rule against political questions and this one clearly broke that rule. Not only did the question come from a gay man, he went on a ranting rampage after the show calling her every name in the book for not supporting gay marriage.

so according to HIM:
Do you support gay marriage?
no *you lose*
yes *you win but lose to your real beliefs*

she was in a lose lose situation and i think perez hilton should have been stopped.

and seeing the liberal spin on this is amazing. some abc reporter said she was met with loud boo's after her answer.

WRONG

her answer was met with cheers and applause and not one BOO could be heard. nice try liberals.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Dark Soldier]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

after all he is still holding a grudge.

Because just like her he wants attention.

Every article I have read pretty much stated that the opinion she gave was what caused her the crown.

It sounds like a lot of articles are making assumptions then, but I'm not surprised. The more they glorify this girl and make her a victim the more attention that form of media draws from this girl's whining.

A gay guy

Lol, the infamous gay guy. He has a name. One of these articles you read must have mentioned it. Him being gay isn't really relevant. There are plenty of very pro-same sex marriage straight people who, for instance have gay siblings or children, who could have reacted the same way. There are also plenty of gay people who would not have reacted that way.

potentially ruined a lifetime of work because she did not agree with gay marriage.

That's a tad dramatic, we're not talking about curing blindness here, we're talking about a young beauty queen who didn't win Miss America. She's still young enough to try again, but again this statements helps to show how I think she's feeling, uselessly bitter and she picked a great issue for her uselessly bitter sob story.

Until the gay communtiy gets what they want we can expect more behavior of this nature.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard this week. Now you're just as bad as "the gay guy". Welcome to the mountain of ignorance, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Then again, who really cares.

Obviously, your statement above made it clear that you do.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that this thread has made it to the second page.
All of you: move on, please.

Peace...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Sorry if you feel my post was ignorant. I say we can expect more of this behavior because this is not the first time someone from the gay community used homosexuality against the heterosexual who may not agree with them.

I called him a gay guy because he is in fact gay. If you want you can call me the straight guy, I wouldn't see anything derogatory about it, because I am in fact straight. If calling someone what they are is deemed inappropriate then the PC train has gone more out of control then I had thought.

Call what I said about ruining a lifetime of work dramatic if you will. I expect that it takes more then winning one pageant to make it the Miss America pageant. Wikipedia shows that in 1924 a rule was put into place that win or lose you can only appear once at the Miss America pageant. I could not find anything to say that rule has been reversed. So if she did lose because of he was biased and held a grudge then he did ruin a lifetime of work.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gyrochiral
I find it hard to believe that this thread has made it to the second page.
All of you: move on, please.

Peace...

I can't move on, for some reason I am drawn to this story. It is a refreshing change from the political debates.

also

You can go to the Miss America thread that has made it to page 4 and say the same to them. Just because it isn't a serious debate topic or a topic that doesn't really matter in the long or short term doesn't mean we cant discuss it. After all, there are many werewolf and vampire threads on this site. To each their own.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I say we can expect more of this behavior because this is not the first time someone from the gay community used homosexuality against the heterosexual who may not agree with them.

He didn’t “use” homosexuality “against” her, that statement doesn’t even make sense. Please explain to me how one uses homosexuality or heterosexuality against another? And please post more links of the gay community doing “bad” things to homosexuals and I’ll have plenty for you of instances where straight people harassed, assaulted, or killed homosexuals. The “gay community” and “straight community” do quite a few bad things to each other, but that’s just people doing things to other people and does not rest on the shoulders of the rest of either group, or their movements.

If calling someone what they are is deemed inappropriate

Obviously you missed my point; it was your implication that came with the words “gay guy”. I’ll restate it to make sure you read what I actually post. [Repeat] His orientation is irrelevant. There are plenty of very pro-same sex marriage straight people who, for instance have gay siblings or children, who could have reacted the same way. There are also plenty of gay people who would not have reacted that way.

So if she did lose because of he was biased and held a grudge then he did ruin a lifetime of work.

But so far there’s no evidence of this. One judge stated that he voted against her because of her answer and another stated that he voted for her. All the other judges had to do either/or. There’s really no way of knowing why she lost, this is just her opinion and both of these media attention seekers are getting what they want because of it.

Edit: to fix quote

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You are right, he was not biased against her. There is no evidence to support my accusation that he held a grudge against her because of her answer. The article I posted does not cast a shadow of doubt that he could have continued judging without prejudice.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You are right, he was not biased against her.

Where did you see me stating this? Never stated this. I stated that there is no proof that this caused her to lose, none whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Let me rephrase.

Whatever you are dissagreeing with me on this about. You are right. Now that this story has turned into a serious debate it has lost its appeal.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't believe that this question per say cost her the crown. I think in the way she answered it cost her. Opposite marriage? What the hell is an opposite marriage? She starts off sounding like she's all for same sex and "opposite" marriage, and then quickly changes it to heterosexual couples. Now that is just MY impression of how I heard the answer.

I am glad this question was asked. I am glad that she stayed true to her convictions. It must be tough especially with a lot of changes being made to the homosexual movement. But she gave her answer, whether we homosexuals liked it or not. We can only applaud her for giving her answer true to her convictions.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I cannot believe that an openly gay man is a judge on a beauty pageant.
Maybe next year they can get a Catholic priest as well. I would have asked to be given a question by another judge. I do not perceive gay men as being qualified to judge a female beauty pageant.

What is Perez Hilton's "talent" anyway? How does somebody that goofy even relate to normal society?

I think convicts serving life sentences should be beauty pageant judges. Those guys would really appreciate a beautiful woman.

[edit on 4-21-2009 by groingrinder]

[edit on 4-21-2009 by groingrinder]

Don't be silly. Just because you have a certain orientation, it doesn't mean in any way that you cannot SEE Beauty or recognize it. So; Just because you are not sexually attracted to a person, it do not mean that you cannot see that persons beauty. Same goes for all orientations, although some people consider it inconvenient to aknowledge it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Don't be silly. Just because you have a certain orientation, it doesn't mean in any way that you cannot SEE Beauty or recognize it.

Does anyone here actually believe that Perez Hilton has any idea what beauty is? That's quite a laugh. He doesn't have a clue as to what people like to look at.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well I guess this kind of thing is really up-to the judges, but I don't think she should be criticised for her belief. I happen to share it yet I have nothing against gays. My close friend Barney is a gay so I'm not a homophoberoid.

That said, maybe it's unfair to have an openly queer judge and then have him be able to ask such a question. Obviously, being honest and answering that you disagree with gay marriage is going to cost you...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OMG has anyone seen how amazingly hot she is?

She is the hottest woman alive. Are those babies real? Geeees

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm really positive that Carrie can take her beauty and wisdom someplace else to win.

www.foureyesjokeshop.com...

"Now the last question, miss Prejean: Who is your favorite person in the Bible and who is your favorite saint?"

"Adam and St.Eve."

Lola Toscani has been crowned Miss Vatican 2010.
farm4.static.flickr.com...
The favorite Carrie Prejean has been excommunicated.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I also couldn't believe that the girl from California would say what she did.

Ugh.

Just, ugh.

I'm so glad that the people who represent our nation are so worldly, open-minded, and comfortable with themselves. Really. Tanning is just the tops, I think everyone who represents America should go tanning and not support gay marriage. Honestly. And plastic surgery? That's good stuff right there. Like apple pie.

*rolls eyes* Ughh.

You would have thought we would have overcome the 1) assumption that the best people are beautiful and 2) that it's perfectly okay to support things the way she does.

But oh well.

Oh wait I have to add the part about needing to look like her to be beautiful.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Tanning, plastic surgery? Really? This young woman looks quite natural actually and there's no indication that she's had cosmetic surgery. You don't need to look like her to be beautiful, but that doesn't take away the fact that she is beautiful.

As far as California being the homosexual state, you do remember Proposition 8 that was passed by the majority of people in California? Apparently she correctly represents the views of the majority in that state. Perez Hilton on the other hand represents the freaky fringe.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Obvious

passed by the majority of people in California?

It only passed by 5%, and there was a turnout of a little less than 80% of eligible voters. Who knows how many people agree with gay marriage that simply don’t vote? Just because it passed by 5% in CA doesn't mean much. It's still a hugely gay friendly state and polls now show that if it was voted on again it probably wouldn't pass and only has 1% more support than opposition from current registered voters. The younger the voter is, the more likely they voted “no” and will support gay marriage, so it appears the trend predictors are right and that support for gay marriage will be very common in fifteen years.
Sources for my info:
www.capitolbasement.com...
en.wikipedia.org...(2008)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join