It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sacred Trinity

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Has anyone else heard of this? I find it to hold true and its pretty cool how it fits into almost everything. Everything in the universe has three parts. Well, almost everything.

Ill give you some examples of this sacred trinity.

The primary colors; red, yellow and blue

Black, grey and white

Cold, warm and hot

Proton, neutron and electron

Man, Women and Child

Earth, Sun and Moon

Solid, liquid and gas

Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.

We also have three names. First, middle and last.

Fork, spoon and knife

land, sea and sky

length, width and height

x, y and z

Heaven, Hell, Pergatory

3 parts of a Nucleotide; Deoxyribose (Sugar), Phosphate group and a nitrogenous base

three main parts of the brain; cerebrum, cerebellum and brain stem

three parts of government; Executive, Legislative and Judicial

In music a major chord is three notes; a root, 3rd and 5th

A seed consists of three main parts: the seed coat, the endosperm, and the embryo.

This sacred trinity I think has to do with this dimension or the consciousness of our species. You have to admit that this is pretty cool. Can anyone think of some more?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

What an interesting thread! How did you happen to think of this?

Saddly, isn't there an old saying that bad things happen in 3's, also?

Oh yeah.........hold on.....Larry, Moe, and Curly!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There is also the Holy Trinity.

God the Father. God the Son. And God the Holy Spirit (Ghost).

My favorite Trinity.

Oh yes almost forgot Clint Eastwood. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Past -Present- Future

Known unknown unknowable .

So, are there an abundance of trinitarian relationships , or are we just honing in on those which fit ......?

Is there a statistical significant amount of these trinitarian relationships compared to collections of twos /fours etc etc.?

Or is it the symbolism, the ascetically pleasing triangle ?

.......a sacred geometry .

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i know the ancients used to think 3 and 4 were the perfect numbers, the Triangle and Square

Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes
what if you were a vegetarian

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You said :
Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.

One of my personal, all time favorites, actually, but I digress ...

The Sacred Trinity

Very nice idea you've got here !

Here's a few more to add to your already impressive list -

The Law of Three - Triamazikamno
"that sacred law which they call the 'Holy Trinity.'"

The Law of Three, called Triamazikamno in Beelzebub's Tales, is one of the fundamental laws of the universe and is a direct manifestation of the triune nature of His Endlessness as it is expressed in the universe. Gurdjieff
defined the triune nature of His Endlessness as three forces - Active, Passive and Neutral. The three Laws of the second note of the Ray of Creation are the direct manifestation of His Endlessness and this is called the Theomertmalogos by Gurdjieff in Beelzebub's Tales. It is the basis of all the structures and processes within the universe and man.

Source : Endless Search

The Three Gunas

The Sanskrit word guna has the basic meaning of "string" or "a single thread or strand of a cord or twine". In more abstract uses, it may mean "a subdivision, species, kind, quality" or an operational principle or tendency.

In Samkhya philosophy there are three major gunas which serve as the fundamental operating principles or "tendencies" of prakriti (universal nature) which are called: sattva guna, and rajas guna, tamas guna. The three [.] gunas are generally accepted to be associated with [awareness] (satva), [activity] (rajas), and [resistance] (tamas). The entire [evolution of the universe] and its [material operation] is carried out by [the] gunas.

Source : Wikipedia

Trimurti

The Trimurti (English: ‘three forms’; Sanskrit: trimūrti) is a concept in Hinduism "in which the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction are personified by the forms of Brahmā the creator, Viṣṇu the maintainer or preserver, and Śiva the destroyer or transformer." These three deities have been called "the Hindu triad" or the "Great Trinity". They are often looked at as the creator, preserver and destroyer respectively.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39283c1a8b6c.jpg[/atsimg]
The Trimurti (literally indicating three forms or trinity), is the representation of the three projections of the Supreme Reality, each with a specific cosmic function. These manifestations are that of Brahma (serving the cosmic function of creation), Vishnu (serving the cosmic function of renewal and preservation), and Shiva (serving the cosmic function of dissolution or destruction that precedes re-creation) – the three popular Hindu gods. Our daily existence reflects these three cosmic functions as birth, life and death.

The Three Nadis

Nādi (the Sanskrit for "tube, pipe") are the channels through which, in traditional Indian medicine and spiritual science, the energies of the subtle body are said to flow. They [are typically obstructed] at special points [or knots] called chakras. Nadis seems to correspond to the meridians of traditional Chinese medicine.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa4246ea5aa7.jpg[/atsimg]
An early version of the nadi system is mentioned in the Chandogya Upanishad, which says:

“A hundred and one are the arteries of the heart, one of them leads up to the crown of the head. Going upward through that, one becomes immortal. (CU 8.6.6)”

Nadis are not nerves but rather channels for the flow of [subtle-body energy]. The literal meaning of nadi is'flow'. Just as the negative and positive forces of electricity flow through complex circuits, in the same way, pram shako (vital force) and manas shako (mental force) flow through every part of our body via these nadis. According to the tantras there are 72,000 [.] minor channels or [nadis] through which the [pranas] flow like an electric current from one point to another.

Inner, Outer and Secret

The Mandala has inner, outer, and secret meanings. On the outer level the Mandala represents the world in its [mundane] form; on the inner, [its subtle form]; and the secret level depicts the [inconcievable ultimate bliss-void nature].

The sand painting's root extends back 15,000-20,000 years, and has similarities in its use with the newer sand paintings of the Hopi and Navajo of our own southwest.

Source : Universal Light Expo 2008

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It may relate to sacred geometry. The three basic shapes are a square, circle and triangle.

Heres another.

Conscious, subconscious and unconscious

The Sacred Trinity is the "threeness" of everything. For example, if you have white and black there must be grey. If you have hot and cold there must be warm. If you have male and female there must be a child. If there is positive and negative there must be nuetral. Its almost like some universal law of nature or something.

A lot of what I did list could be coincidences like, if there is a spoon and fork there must be a knife, doesnt really make a lote of sense. But the coincidence of all these trivial pairs of threes is a pretty awsome coincidence none the less.

Im not sure what this all really means, but its pretty interesting to note. I guess it could stand to show the profound interconnectiveness off all things. I mean think of it like this; there is a proton, nuetron and electron in an atom and because of this we have a three system government.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Curly, Larry, and Moe.

Regular, Crunchy, and Extra Spicy.

Subwarp, Light Speed, and Ludicrous Speed!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to comment by Wisen Heimer

You said :
Im not sure what this all really means, but its pretty interesting to note. I guess it could stand to show the profound interconnectiveness off all things.

Well, here's one way many people tend to look at it, actually myself included -

Fractal cosmology

In physical cosmology, fractal cosmology relates to the usage of fractal geometry in the study of the universe's structure. A central issue in this field is the fractal dimension of the Universe or of matter distribution within it, when measured at very large or very small scales.

Fractal

A fractal is generally "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced-size copy of the whole," a property called self-similarity.

Genesis 1:27

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Source : King James Bible

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Another Trinity
273 = Hiram Abiff = Ch V R M A B I V
640 = Hiram, King of Tyre = Ch V R M M L K Tz V R
465 = King Solomon = M L K sh L M H

1378 = Total = SUM (1..52)

books.google.com...

See the following Book on the details of 1378.
"The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order" and search 1378.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The father, the son and the holy ghost.

the rod of hermes resembles us with connections, bands, ships. friendships and wisdom. Justness. to be empty is to be without the snakes around, complete, full, to be the rod left all trouble.

enlightened and envisioned. to know what to say, and to be just!

congrat

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
yourself complete, I get insight, ah, I must leave some material %I have in my posession, I must beware for thievery, I am free. no posession. I am in need of nothing. things, I like. celled.

no inner trouble with matter. I have become true self.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

u do realize that most of those make no sense at all right?

cold, warm, hot??

what about freezing?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Also Male Female and Other.
plant animal mineral
good bad and indifferent
love acceptance hate
atmosphere above ground underground
mind body spirit
It's fun...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think it's the generative principal, out of two is begotten the new thing with parts of each - it's evolutionary.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Buahaha heres my list of debunking trinity examples

The primary colors; red, yellow and blue (okay maybe)

Black, grey and white (give you this one)

Cold, warm and hot (cold, cool, warm, hot) more than 3

Proton, neutron and electron (okay)

Man, Women and Child (hermapherdite?)

Earth, Sun and Moon (earth=planet+ the others, sun=star, moon=satellite) more than 3

Solid, liquid and gas (k)

Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. (bread, sauce)

We also have three names. First, middle and last. (we set that up)

Fork, spoon and knife (spork, madddddd other utensils of the same name and function but used for specific dishes)

land, sea and sky (space? light?)

length, width and height (k)

x, y and z (oh you know there's more dimensions than that)

Heaven, Hell, Pergatory (bible irrelavent)

3 parts of a Nucleotide; Deoxyribose (Sugar), Phosphate group and a nitrogenous base (you can't have that much time on your hands)

three main parts of the brain; cerebrum, cerebellum and brain stem

three parts of government; Executive, Legislative and Judicial (we set this up)

In music a major chord is three notes; a root, 3rd and 5th(and now ur just naming stuff)

A seed consists of three main parts: the seed coat, the endosperm, and the embryo. (hot dog, bun, condiment) (

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
oops what about the 4 elements... and other squarish things?
and circles... don't forget the lovely circles....
Triangles may be fancy, but they aren't the end all be all...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Yes, there's oneness, and everything is one.

The "next" thing, is the division! Something is different or other than the one, then you have duality. How many things fit into a duality? Magnetic poles, black and white, night and day, any and all pairs of opposites. The human being, looking at its environment, and thinking that it's something different than itself!

Then the three, which introduces "the way" to the many. Trigonometry, based on the triangle, is absolutely critical to most fields of engineering. Our spatial dimensions are understood to expand along three separate axes.

Four is symbolic of completeness. All of these numbers are just archetypal ways of characterizing nature. The smaller the number (and all of these are the most basic and atomic numbers) the more associations you are going to find in the universe.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by seagrass

Yes, there's oneness, and everything is one.

The "next" thing, is the division! Something is different or other than the one, then you have duality. How many things fit into a duality? Magnetic poles, black and white, night and day, any and all pairs of opposites. The human being, looking at its environment, and thinking that it's something different than itself!

Then the three, which introduces "the way" to the many. Trigonometry, based on the triangle, is absolutely critical to most fields of engineering. Our spatial dimensions are understood to expand along three separate axes.

Four is symbolic of completeness. All of these numbers are just archetypal ways of characterizing nature. The smaller the number (and all of these are the most basic and atomic numbers) the more associations you are going to find in the universe.
That was a nice way to put it. Nature is the foundation and all things are represented there. We need not look much farther than nature for the answers about this existence, and yet we are compelled to.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Interestingly, I have found yet another example of 'threes,' quite accidently, actually, this morning -

The Three Princes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d9de490882f.jpg[/atsimg]
Source : Amazon.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join