It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be troops on the streets this summer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.com...

Why otherwise are Army personnel being asked if they would be prepared to 'open fire' on UK citizens during civil disturbances?

Why otherwise are ‘special briefing sessions’ being held to ascertain whether or not members of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces would fire on their own nationals?

I am ex Army and because i am now unemployed have been asked to report for a medical and reserve training in early may!
I have been out of the army for 10 years now and have no wish to go back!
A number of my friends i was in the army with have also been contacted so i was wondering if anybody else has had the same?
It may not have anything to do with the above link but it does make me a little nervous
blog.puppetgov.com...

[edit on 20/4/09 by parrallel]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
so you saying we the uk are getting people in the foces to control our streets would that be all the forces or just the army and i would not fire on the public, we serve our queen and country, they are what to really what we are protecting.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I certainly doubt they would find a large number of soldiers willing to kill they're own countrymen. However the idea is not entirely crazy.

They did pull out that Fit For The Army campaign earlier this year, so I know they are gearing up for something.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I realy dont know what will happen realy its just from what friends have told me what will probaly happen and thats why they getting us ready!

It maybe totaly inocent but it does make me wonder!
It would be the army and not the rest of our armed forces...mainly infantry regiments i should imagine.
As for queen and country....that died a long time ago and its all politics now

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Before the election there was a thread about retired military being recalled back to active service and, as I recall, was generally pooh-poohed as being "a hoax". Here is the thread

You have my sympathies parrallel. There have also been reports from MSM about the "summer of discontent" so, yeah, I think it's probable we will have troops on the street.

Don't taze me, bro!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
well i am well in my process on applying to be a reggiment gunner for the royal air force and if i get in you will know theres 1 soldier who will not shoot the public.

and i know all of my friends in the forces will not shoot the public for control or any other reason so that another 20 plus people i know.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I worked with them guys....good bunch of lads!
We used to call them ice cream boys coz they were always sunbathin ha ha!
Dont know what job you are going for but keep away from air defence! They use the FSC Rapier system which is a good piece of kit when it works but its a bit of a boring job.
I spent 2 years with the Gunners working with FSB2 system which was crap.....get on the shoulder launched kit if you can! we used to use the javlin but i think they use stinger system now...any advice i can give...just ask

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the link whitewave

Well i will find out in a few weeks and i will share what i have learnt with ATS.......

God bless America

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
thanks i will ask if i come up with any but i am lucky to have friends and lots of family that are or have been in the force they always get my question
but i will ask you never the less. i have my medical on the 30th. lets hope it all goes well. haha sun bathin coming to think of it i need a tan

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Good luck m8 and i hope you enjoy it........
Buy a good sas smock....spend a few quid on Leathermans or a gerber and you will do just fine

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i hope i enjoy it too lol, i'll mail you if you like keep you informed on my jorney as it is.

troops in the summer and more police i think.

but what would they need to control us from doing or not doing

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yeah let me know how ure getting on etc...if troops do go on the streets it would just be like N.I. was....VCPs etc.

If it kicks off with riots etc they will just be used for crowd control etc.....marshal law as last resort

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
oh right doing the police's jon then really. well if i am call for this situation in the UK, i'll be the one helping people rather than having a defensive stance. people dont be afraid to ask me if i would like some tea lol.

i will update you my friend.

Do you trust the police more than the forces ?

THats for everyone

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This video i just found says it all...........................

www.disclose.tv...

this one is a bit crap.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
nice videos. WW3 will happen before i have my own children i think but hey thats not much of a time line.

We know its going to happen its just when

top topics

join