It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War pegged for next week.

page: 1

join
share:
Fox

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A friend of mine works for BBC world in London. On Sunday night they had a special briefing from the head of the BBC. They were told to have everything ready for an invasion of Iraq on Monday the 11th Feb. My friend was quite distressed by the briefing as it was delivered coldly and very assuredly.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brace your selves ya'll it going to be bumpy ride. We can only pray for the lives of our men and women oversea's and the innocent people about to die.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The BBC is going to invade Iraq Monday? just kidding, lame joke. Sorry.

Anyway, I fear your friend may be correct.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yeah, the BBC knows when the war starts before ME. (rolling eyes)

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why has the U.S chose the 11th to attack? Haven't there been enough bad things that happen on the 11th of a month?

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just harry it up illuminated baboons, i'm tired of waiting for things to happen.

N0_hope_in_sight, maybe they'll justify 11th as the day of revenge for 911.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
semiotic resonance, ties sep 11 and Iraq together at a subconcious level (seeing as they can't tie them together at a factual or practical level)

seems rather early given recent speeches from Blair. Maybe their readying a co-ordinated media blitz as a prelude.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I remeber replying in similar vein to a somewhat less absurd piece of "prophecy" months back.
Even if we ignore the sheer absurdity of the original posting (setting aside the fact that Monday will be February 10th..aarrrgh...groan): the facts that the US is about to hit its debt ceiling, that calling up reserves has barely started, that France, the UN, the Saudis are all iffy, that the Dear Leader of North Korea is on the warpath, that the dollar is further down the toilet than it has been in living memory, that states across America are facing appalling consequences if (other than Vermont) they cannot balance their books, would all suggest that War isn't quite around the corner.
America can't quite afford the war just yet.
What is ATS coming to?

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Interesting tidbit though... Saturday over there, is like Monday in the States...(at least in most muslim countries, weekends are Thursday and Friday, never been to Iraq myself). So it should be the best time to track traffic to remote desert sites, etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is just to show you how easy it is to link two things together...
February 11 2003
ie.. Feb. = 2
2+1+1+2=6 the three is the times to repeat the afore mentioned sum so you get 666. Funny how you can make numbers work!!

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Maybe the war is set for Feb 11th..... 2008!! Since that is the next time Feb 11th falls on a Monday.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
yes, and by that time we might have actually found some WMD's!

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Only if the inspectors took them in ready-made and hid them there!

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
given our previous record presumably 8 years would give us enough time to sell saddam some nukes so we can go in, find them, and use them as justification for blowing him up.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yeah right Lupe, your sarcasm is wearing thin. Pull your head out of your arse. Believe what you want to, but back it up with a decent argument not inuendo. Seems like you read too many of your scummy tabloids, they must be rubbing off on you.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler
Just harry it up illuminated baboons, i'm tired of waiting for things to happen.

N0_hope_in_sight, maybe they'll justify 11th as the day of revenge for 911.

For being a NOBODY, you sure do talk a bunch of BS.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Finaly we can get rid of Saddam! Is there an article on this at the BBC website?

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
February 11 2003
ie.. Feb. = 2
2+1+1+2=6 the three is the times to repeat the afore mentioned sum so you get 666. Funny how you can make numbers work!!

Sorry to say this, but that is the reason I've ever heard. Sorry if I've offended you in anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Originally posted by K_OS
February 11 2003
ie.. Feb. = 2
2+1+1+2=6 the three is the times to repeat the afore mentioned sum so you get 666.

That is the stupidest reason I've ever heard.

[Edited on 7-2-2003 by TheCatalyst]

top topics

join