It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers Fear Build-Up Of 'Anti-Police' Bandwagon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I know of so many cops who think their "better, above, cleaner, smarter" than the nasty unwashed masses. They need to drop that attitude and realize they work for us.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Combine this, with an over zealous unit commanders (or whatever they're called) forming lines, boxing people in, kettling as it's called, preventing people from receiving medical aid, or allowing parents to leave and collect children. Injuring innocent passers by, attacking people for swearing at them, throwing young women to the floor, trampling all over a peaceful sit down protests and injuring more....

Your description of events is exactly the kind of horror the people fear when they want to demonstate in a peaceful protest! Well said!

edit 04-21-2009 by bts

[edit on 21-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
As we move closer to a totalitarian regime world wide, individuals will become more fear based in their thinking and apply for these types of jobs to secure their own hides, when you become an Officer for fear based reasons you are not there for the safety of the civilian population.

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by MBF

You might just want to read what the police actualy have as a mandate to do. Its to protect the law and to protect those that make the law. NOT to "Protect and Serve" the populace.

Yes antar, what you mention about job hunting is right on...never thought of that...

Zindo...exactly! They need to protect us...how can they do that if we are the "enemy"???

MBF

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I had a cop tell me a while back that it was almost impossible to find a honest cop anymore. He is one of the few that I trust.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MBF

That is scary. Truth should not be so hard...I can see the average police to have a healthy regard for the times at hand, but to disregard honesty...well that opens the door to all kinds of evil...and brutality is one aspect of that "split" that officers can have. If the powers over the officers was not so bent, I do not think that the officers would have such a hard time with all of this. It seems that TPTB are worse...they drive the bad "ness" of the persons.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RE2505
People are not stupid. They are not jumping on an anti police bandwagon for no good reason. They are watching the youtube clips of innocent protesters being assaulted by robocops. They can see for themselves what really went on and how eager a lot of officers were to "lay some smack down". They should fear the backlash. You reap what you sow.

They are stupid, they are jumping in a bandwagon and your post shows why (no offence!).

Why do you assume that if one policeman does something wrong all policeman are bad? If a member of ATS was found to be a nasty rapist, should all members of ATS be feared and considered at the least potential rapists?

Most policeman are doing their best in very difficult times with the govt and others imposing ever more ludicrous legislation and turning them into clerks.

It's the govt and those who run the police service whom we should be complaining about - not the Bobby on the street or, more likely these days, desk).

I think part of the problem is that we don;t get to see the police on the streets as friendy and helpful - we only see them when they'll dealing with something which may in turn inconveience us.

The media are also partly to blame. If the police help 999 people and fail to help 1, which makes the evening news? If the police catch 1,000 criminals and 1 turns out to be innocent and was wrongly charged, which do we hear about?

We need to look beyond what we are spoon fed by the media and politicans. Open our eyes and think for ourselves once in a while.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I'm not talking about 1 police officer! I am talking about the majority of officers that turned into thugs once they donned thier riot gear on April the 1st. There are three seperate assault's being investigated last time I checked and these are only being investigated because they were caught on video by the protesters. Who knows how many other innocent people were assaulted that will go unpunished. I asked an officer why I couldn't enter the police cordon to support the climate campers and he told me "for my own safety" Safety from who?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Yes I think the "citizen journalist" is an aspect to this...I found a very good article that furthers all of our thoughts here:

While this article seem slantedtowards defending the police...it is interesting nonetheless.

’Ello, ’ello, ’ello, what’s all this then? Something strange is afoot in the furore about the policing of G20 protests in London. There has been a riot of attacks on the Metropolitan Police in the mainstream media, as major newspapers and broadcasters race to get the latest bit of video of police officers hitting or shoving protesters while the victims compete for publicity; one of them is reportedly represented by Max Clifford. Senior politicians have joined in the complaints about police brutality. The chairman of the Police Federation has warned that a dangerous anti-police bandwagon is gathering speed.

www.spiked-online.com.../site/article/6562

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have a buddy back in Chicago, his father is retired detective J.J. Bittenbinder....this guy,

en.wikipedia.org...

he once told my buddy and I over beers and bar-b-q...that there are 2 understoods in the Chicago police dept.

1. Civilians are guilty...period.
2. If a civilian gives you lip, attitude, knock'em in the mouth with your nightstick...makes it easier to identify them in the future.

He told us, flat out, if a cop shows up to a domestic and sees mister wife beater missing teeth or broken teeth, officer knows this is a trouble maker, deal with him as such.

MBF

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My uncle owned a shop in the Chicago area. One night he was called to the shop to check his alarm by the police. He went to the back with one cop and the other stayed in the office. When he got back to the office, his microwave was missing. He said that it was ok because the microwave didn't work and they saved him the trouble of carrying it to the dumpster. He told me that this was typical of the police in the area.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
They should fear it. If they'd stop protecting the crooks among them they wouldn't have a reason to fear the people. But we all know they won't get that through their brain-washed paramilitary heads.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The officers who perpetrated unprovked attacks will get slaps on the wrist, and the citizens will be more bold in documenting the police brutality!

Police officers are citizens.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

And why are the police 'worried' about being photographed if it is currently illegal to do so? Maybe it's because of the use of these two words 'citizen journalist' that can get anyone off the hook from this new law.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

IT'S NOT ILLEGAL TO FILM THE POLICE

by me from another post
It's a common misconception (and actively promoted by the Police) that you canot take pictures of them on duty.

The law that this relates to prohibits the taking of photographs of service personnel, installations and law enforcement if the purpose of those photographs is for terrorism. The onus is on the Police to prove a link to teorrist activites.

However, as stated, the Police will often intimidate people into not taking pictures or giving up their camera's/deleting images because of ignorance of the law, particularly section 76 of the Counter-Terrorism 2008 Act and section 58A of the Terrorism Act 2000:

"anyone who 'elicits or attempts to elicit information about (members of armed forces) ... which is of a kind likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism'."

Bottom line is, if an Officer asks to see, or try to delete your images, you should be able to refuse as long as you're not a terrorist. You have the right to take images as long as your not up to anything "terroristy".

From this ATS thread...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

IT'S NOT ILLEGAL TO FILM THE POLICE

It is Dangerous though...Don't forget that part.

....And those who get beat whilst filming can expect to have their video data confiscated or destroyed, then you will be charged and won't have any video to use in your defense.

Welcome to the New Freedom

*I predict summertime revolution.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
New Video Footage of Ian Tomlinson Who Died at G-20 Protest is shown at the link...it is a compilation of many footages showing the one officer over and over in different stages of the G20 summit protests. A must see!

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

MBF

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
My sister-in-law worked in a jail for a while. We just happened to get into a discussion about what happens in the police forces behind the scenes. She said that the cops,judges and lawyers are more crooked in most cases than the people that are locked up. She told me about cops stealing from the people they lock up, such as money, watches, etc.. She said that most money goes missing and if there is a drug bust, only a part is ever claimed as evidence. She told me about a doctor that was arrested, when he was strip searched in the bathroom, he was beaten badly by the cops and she could hear his screams. She felt very badly for him, but was told to never talk about it. She quit because she didn't want to get involved in the mess that was going on.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I don't know how you do your fancy links but while away this weekend I heard this report on the radio. It just emphasises what I have been saying about the police attitude that day.

I can't wait to bash some G20 hippies: Met Police officer probed over Facebook rant

www.dailymail.co.uk...

<< 1   >>

join