It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Internet Control Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been discussed but according to this site, which I arrived at via a link from p*****bay:

# The European internet is being threatened seriously!
# The telecoms-package is a set of monstrous laws regulating the internet.
# Amandment 138 is securing a fundamental rights.
# If amandment 138 is excluded, internet will be turned into a cable-television system.

Source

I followed the link to the site it mentions and:

The internet as we know it is at risk because of proposed new EU rules going through end of April. Under the proposed new rules, broadband providers will be legally able to limit the number of websites you can look
at, and to tell you whether or not you are allowed to use particular services. It will be dressed up as ‘new consumer options' which people can choose from. People will be offered TV-like packages - with a limited
number of options for you to access.

Source

So sorry if this has been discussed. Is this reliable information? I know these new laws could be passed and I've seen the punishments given to the owners of the torrent site but selling the internet like cable tv? In packages? Too far fetched for sure? No?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Not sure if this has been discussed but according to this site, which I arrived at via a link from p*****bay:

# The European internet is being threatened seriously!
# The telecoms-package is a set of monstrous laws regulating the internet.
# Amandment 138 is securing a fundamental rights.
# If amandment 138 is excluded, internet will be turned into a cable-television system.

Source

I followed the link to the site it mentions and:

The internet as we know it is at risk because of proposed new EU rules going through end of April. Under the proposed new rules, broadband providers will be legally able to limit the number of websites you can look
at, and to tell you whether or not you are allowed to use particular services. It will be dressed up as ‘new consumer options' which people can choose from. People will be offered TV-like packages - with a limited
number of options for you to access.

Source

So sorry if this has been discussed. Is this reliable information? I know these new laws could be passed and I've seen the punishments given to the owners of the torrent site but selling the internet like cable tv? In packages? Too far fetched for sure? No?

I sure do hope that this won't happen, or that it is just a fluke

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

It might be an idea to try to view a copy of the proposed legislation (i'm guessing they might publish the bill before its passed on the net??), before getting too carried away on this.

Your first source appears to me like a amateurish web site, which then links you to your second source, which comes across in the same way (In this case how it is written). It maybe worth trying to find an independant source?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

new topics

join