It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI spied on TEA Party Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The Canadian Free Press also picked up this article and it is shocking. What is most shocking is not just the fact that we waste tax payer money and government worker hours on this nonsense but that under the current Administration this type of behavior is increasing.

If you one of the estimated 750,000 Americans who attended one of about 600 TEA parties last week, you might have seen media cameras covering the event. Media cameras, however, were not the only cameras taking video at these events, something that has at least one current FBI agent concerned over the future of America. According to this agent – the same agent who provided the Northeast Intelligence Network (NEIN) exclusively the unreleased photographs of the 11 missing Egyptian students who were the subject of a FBI BOLO in August 2006--placed his concerns for true patriots of the U.S. over his own career when he confided that covert surveillance was “planned and performed” at each of the TEA parties that took place last Tuesday.

“Listen to what I am saying,” stated the source during an interview with Doug Hagmann, founder (NEIN). “The Department of Homeland Security Intelligence Assessment that is receiving so much attention is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg, and the true patriotic citizens of this country are on the Titanic. This is what bothers me. But is goes far beyond that assessment. There have been very significant changes made over the last few years that redirect the focus and assets of the intelligence community internally. These changes have greatly accelerated under this administration, and the threats have been redefined to include those who used to be patriots. It’s not only chilling but absolutely insulting to God-fearing Americans.”

Canadian Free Press

Thats a source from within the FBI saying that!

Not only have Intelligence resources been redirected internally over the past few years but it has greatly accelerated under PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!

Is this the change people really want?

The Federal Government is out of control ladies and gentlemen.

This is hardly change. I'm no supporter of Barack nor was I a supporter of Bush but the FBI spying on private citizens and attending peaceful rallys to gather information is nothing new hence no change.

Yes the gubmint is out of control but placing all the blame on just the left is being dishonest.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think the Eagles might have summed this situation up best..."Just find a place to make your stand...and take it easy, don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy"

That is what they are going to try to do...to drive us crazy with the sound of our own wheels as we anticipate and try to defend against what comes next.

We still hold the advantage...it's a very think line of blue and green that ultimately defends the criminal politicians and their sycophant Masters.

We will prevail of that I have no doubt.

Thank you i hadn't even realized that i was doing just that until you made reference to it. The sound of those wheels were becoming quite noisy and overwhelming, rather distracting actually. Also thanks for the reference to the Eagles, funny my son just commented the other day that i don't listen to my music anymore, i'm listening to them as i reply to you

I agree i believe that we do indeed still hold the advantage. I think the Eagles may have hit on something else also ..."So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key"
They will attempt to slap their chains on us, but we hold the key.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Large groupings of people around the nation to protest and you didnt expect this?

every parade probably is watched by the fbi let alone a protest....

these people are paid to do what they can to evade privacy and get the truth.

not to mention the fact that the tea party protests were splattered all over fox news and the internet which only drew that red flag up higher and higher...it was inevitable.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Before the Tea Parties, I told my wife, "of course I'm not going...then I would be on their list." I think we all knew that they would be watching, compiling, recording...we can't 'spy on the spies.' Thay have too many cool toys that we won't ever get. I DO agree, however that the source of the OP hasn't really been established...it sounds easy enough to believe, but again, I didn't hear him personally, so I will file it under 'probably' but not take any actions that I otherwise woudn't have...I will ESPECIALLY proceed with the assumption, not a new one, that any actions I take outside or online are going to be recorded and used against me.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tynee

I was at a Tea Party meeting, and I saw an FBI agent, he was sitting right next to me. I posted a thread to that effect.

Now I have found an article that explains it.

You are most likely someone who is very naive, but then again maybe you are disinfo, welcome to the foe list.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
APPLAUSE THIS MAN FOR HIS HONEST AND EVERYTHING-BUT-FALSE OPINION!!

Thank you...in times like these, its good to know WE are not alone!

Originally posted by AceOfAces
these people are paid to do what they can to evade privacy and get the truth.

Yes...but whose truth?

Originally posted by KSPigpen
"of course I'm not going...then I would be on their list."

I agree, however, maybe filling their list with all of us "extremists" would drive the point home.

Please keep in mind that the "extremists" (and "terrorists") are defined by WHO has won the war. That...is the sole difference between "extremists" and "Freedom Fighters". Maybe, just maybe...you have to wear their scarlet "E", before history calls you what you are...a "Freedom Fighter".

Maybe, one day, your children's children will open a book and see that picture of you shadowed by the FBI...that video of you pounding your fist in the air...or read that opinion that we luckily still have the right to make, and proudly say..."That was my Grandfather!".

And don't forget to smile when they take your picture!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My God, you're acting like you're shocked. Of *course* the FBI is watching. That's their job. They watch, take photos and videos, record, follow people. It's what they do for a living. And they're always going to be doing that with protests.

If you have ever involved yourself in a protest, there is a very good chance that the FBI has your photo. If you've been an active leader, they probably have more information - if only your name and address. Maybe your SSN, maybe your credit history and what you did last night, depending on how active you are and how likely the FBI thinks your group may become violent.

This is no cause for outrage, in my opinion. There are many protest groups out there, ofen composed of people who feel very passionate about their causes. Some of these people are so passionate, perhaps so unbalanced, that they resort to violence. You've got PETA blowing up labs and releasing animals from cages - occasionally getting killed by the animals they "liberate". You've got Christian Fundamentalists blowing up abortion clinics and murdering the doctors. You've got domestic terrorists supporting al Quaeda, far right and far left extremists, guys like McVeigh and Koresh and Manson.

If the FBI failed to investigate these protesters, and it turned out that some of them committed acts of violent terrorism, many people would be howling that the FBI wasn't doing its job. I wonder how many of those complaining would be the same ones complaining that the FBI is being meddlesome?

So, yes, the FBI is snooping around OUR protests. That's what we hired them to do, but we always thought they'd only snoop around someone else's protests. Just the crooks and terrorists. But - how can the FBI tell the difference, without snooping?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Oh come on! "unsuspecting public"? I hardly think that the public, while there, didn't know they were being monitored by the FBI after all this spying crap that has been going on for so long against Americans. This is not news at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I see it the same way - rebellion costs liberty
If you don't like it, or don't want to except it, you have the wrong hobbies!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I don't mean this in a condescending way, I'm just really confused. I actually agree with nearly all of your posts I've read, hence no need to comment on them.

What freedom is it that you think toeing the line will maintain for us? The freedom to toe the line? I'm so confused now...

nenothtu out

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by Tynee

You are most likely someone who is very naive, but then again maybe you are disinfo, welcome to the foe list.

Great idea, but if you read closely, it says respected foes... wouldn't you rather try the nice "ignore" button?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

LOl ok i can see that you're confused, because you now have me confused

Can you provide with an example of what i've said that confuses you, so that i may respond ? I'm unsure of what you're referring to when you speak of towing the line, maybe you could clarify that ?

Other than that i can only say that i believe that we have allowed our government to become too big, have too much power, become too corrupt, too tyrannical, too intruding, etc. That we still hold the power to change this, and if we don't do it soon it may very well be too late. That we must not allow them to use their trickery and tactics to goad us into doing what they seek to make us do and in doing so give them all the reason they need to make their final move. That we must not let the fear of them watching, targeting and labeling us prevent us from peacefully protesting, and standing up for our rights. That we must not forget the sacrifices made by our founding fathers to give us this great nation and we must do what we have to to keep it. Freedom does not come free, those that want freedom must be willing to sacrifice something for it.

Does that help at all ?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
I see it the same way - rebellion costs liberty
If you don't like it, or don't want to except it, you have the wrong hobbies!

I see it the other way - liberty sometimes costs rebellion, when all other avenues have been exhausted, and there are still no results. Unfortunately, I don't think americans as a whole are exhausting their avenues, or indeed a majority may no longer desire liberty. After all, they keep voting the same type of knotheads into office, now don't they? And the noose continues to tighten.

A clean break from the traditional parties is what is needed, as getting fired is the ONLY thing that will get their attention, apparently. DHS, FBI, all of the alphabet agencies should be suspended without pay until such time as the deign to do their authorized jobs. They are supposed to work FOR the American citizenry, not AGAINST them.

DHS amuses me the most, I think. They appear to be securing the rest of the world against us evil US citizens, instead of the other way around. Maybe the word 'homeland' in their title should be changed to 'world', or 'Der Faderland'.

FBI, ironically, DOES seem to be adhering to their title, since they are 'investigating', and not particularly choosy in what they investigate.

Besides, I'm probably already on the list, so when they take their pictures, I hope they get my good side!

nenothtu out

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yup, that does clear things up. What had me confused was the notion that exercising our freedom might somehow COST us that freedom. I reckon I misread it.

Peaceful protests are grand, and I really hope they gain some affirmative attention. If they don't my fear is that thing may get not -so-peaceful eventually. If that day comes, no amount of 'crackdown' on american freedoms, or such freedoms as remain at that point, will stem the tide. THEN, my estimate is that it would be counter-productive to worry about what 'they' might do. The motto of the day will most likely be 'use it or lose it'.

nenothtu out

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yes i would like to see them gain the proper attention also, unfortunately the media and the politicians are turning them into partsian events, which they are not. They are years worth of frustration with the entire government finally being voiced, from all sides.

I would just hate to see people give in to the fearmongering and stop attending, stop voicing their opinions, and believe it to be too late. Who cares if the FBI, CIA, DHS, and every other agency is watching us, they've been doing it for years anyway, what's so different now ? That damned report that came out, shamelessly labeling our brave men and women of the military as possible terrorists (treasonus piece of garbage if you ask me) along with just about every patriotic citizen of the country? Another scare tactic by our wonderful government to send us all running to hide under the blankets for fear we'll be watched, labeled, and rounded up! That ignorant wacked out broad Janeane Garofalo calling protesters, racists and worse, just another attempt to anger people and provoke them to violence.

I just hope the people don't fall into the traps, and the government finally starts to hear the people before peaceful protests are no longer an option, and may God help us all if that dreaded day ever comes.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yup. The way I see it, the left hand is now in power, undergoing something akin to a 'sugar rush' after having been out of political favor for so long, and they're darn well gonna EXERCISE it. I can't really say I blame 'em for that, it's a natural human reaction. Problem is, as with everything going on right now, they're overdoing it, and the splatter isn't just hitting the opponents on the right hand that they thought they were targetting. Furthermore, they forget WHY they were out of power for so long, and WHY they handed the power to the Bushies on a silver platter! Otherwise, they wouldn't repeat the same mistakes.

They appear to be putting the machine that the Bushies strengthened to use on their own behalf, but, like the Bushies, they don't realize what comes AFTER, when their voice isn't so loud, and their opposition is louder. Meanwhile, those of us that abhor both sides get graunched in the middle, by either side. We get lumped in with 'the others' no matter WHO is in power.

That sort of reprisal - counter-reprisal interplay very frequently leads to unintended consequences. Then, NO ONE is happy.

As far as the Garofalo wench goes... PFFFT. As I've said before, and will doubtless have occasion to say again, I've been called worse things by better people. Whatever label they want to slap on me, it doesn't alter the contents of the package. Wasn't it Shakespeare that said ' a rose by any other name...'? What I REALLY find uproarious is how they react when you DON'T back down from their assaults. Pop some popcorn for THAT show! A case in point is the way the CNN woman reacted when the 'interviewee' wouldn't back down, and the resulting Garofalo fallout. They seem not to understand that the deeper you shovel it, the harder the opposition works to unshovel it, and the pile frequently lands back on yourself. Just as happened to the Bushies.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/4/21 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

I think you only get 10 ignores, so I use the foe list alot. If you look at my foe list you will see the who's who of disinfo agents on this site.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by cbianchi513

I think you only get 10 ignores, so I use the foe list alot. If you look at my foe list you will see the who's who of disinfo agents on this site.

no offense but you seem way too paranoid. 1) how do you know those people on your foe list are "disinfo agents," 2) how do you know "disinfo agents" post on this board, and for that matter exist, and 3) how do you know that it was an FBI agent next to you? Do you have any proof? Or are we just supposed to take you at your word?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

You must assume that any public act of demonstration for whatever will get you a free record. The government "watches", it's just what they do. To expect any different would be foolish.
The only time that anything different will occur, is when there are so many demonstrating against the government's "policy", that they will put everybody there in one giant category, and envoke martial law, or something to that effect.
Absolutely nothing will surprise me that happens over the next year. The atmosphere of insanity is ripe for catastrophic "change"., and the government isn't goping to waste a good catastrophy without making a new policy to "protect" us against ourselves.
Be ready, and don't be surprised when something bizarre happens in our society. it's the age of Aquarius in reverse. The problems are going to get so bad, that you can forget about any simblance of civil rights. We will need to be protected from ourselves, and the US government has just the people on tap to do that.
Do whatever you think you need to do to prepare for hard times, you don't have much longer.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
Here you go, FBI...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5494e1ac619.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry, didn't have time to shave...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join