It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss California gets everyones panties in a bunch!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

What is with this "they" crap? Yeah, all the lgbt's in the country got together and decided to make stupid, useless commercials. And all Americans are obese, all black people love watermelon, and all Asian girls are awesome at math, right?

A handful of talking heads getting mad about what a contestant in a beauty pageant has to say is not representative of an entire population. You just keep on failing!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12

I can't imagine this happening to say Obama. "Obama, I think you're a dumb black that should be picking cotton or doing some other slave work. I don't think you and your wife who are animals should be allowed to marry either." Obama says, "Do I like what you said? No. Do I agree with what you said? No. Am I glad you could practice freedom of speech? Yes."

I cant imagine Obama saying that either because the man is only "pro free speach" if you are a Liberal Democrat. Obama could careless about the rights of the rest of the country. The proof in in the pudding. The man wants to reinstate the "fairness Doctrine" which is not Fair in any way shape or form. its the farthest thing from fair that you could get.

People should be allowed to say what ever they want when ever they want no matter whose feelings it hurts. As long as you speak your mind and dont conform to the "PC" a$$ holes just because they think its what you should do, this you will always be right in your own way.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Under the law, a marriage is a contractual relationship in which two people merge their assets and liabilities and obtain certain benefits under the law for having done so. I can't figure out why anybody would want to do this in the absence of those legal benefits, and I don't see how anybody can put together a logical argument for dividing this right along the lines of sexuality.

This blatantly limits the freedoms of all people, even if they aren't homosexual. I could enter such a contract with a woman, even if I'm not romantically involved with her. I can't enter such a contract with a man, even though I'm not romantically involved with him.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80

What is with this "they" crap? Yeah, all the lgbt's in the country got together and decided to make stupid, useless commercials. And all Americans are obese, all black people love watermelon, and all Asian girls are awesome at math, right?

A handful of talking heads getting mad about what a contestant in a beauty pageant has to say is not representative of an entire population. You just keep on failing!

Sorry if I insulted you by saying "they"... nothing intentional, but I guess that makes me hateful. Obviously I know not every gay person had a say in making those commercials. You gotta agree, they were pretty stupid. Do you know who made them?

This is what cracks me up though. A lot of Americans are obese, a lot of black people like watermelon, and a lot of asian girls are good at math (including my own daughter), a lot of white people talk nasally and are uptight (including me)... so what is the big deal?

So now I guess I hate Americans, African-Americans, Asian Girls (lets add Asian guys too because a lot of them are good at math too), and white people.

Let me hate on more people. A lot of italians like spaghetti, a lot of foreign students eat Ramen noodles, a lot of Jews are good in business, a lot of Christians (which I am) are hypicritical.

Its ok a lot of people of different demographic groups have common experiences/interests/gifts/etc.. There is nothing wrong with it. There is nothing wrong with talking about it. It shouldnt hurt your feeling unless you are oversensitive. Its what makes the world interesting and its all in good fun. Just because some small minority of people use it in a trully hateful way to diminish someone doesnt mean we should all have to quit having a little good-natured fun with each other.

Our kids are going to grow up being the biggest bunch of oversensitive, whiny losers if we dont cut this political correctness crap out. Its just like how they let all the kids win at sports now so nobody feels like a looser. Its insanity!

[edit on 22-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Some people view marriage as a union of two people before their God. Its that commitment/covenant that matters to them. All the legal stuff is just some secondary crapola imposed on them by the government when they do make that commitment. Which kind of goes along my lines of thinking that they two should be seperated. Create a legal civil union type thing, whatever you want to call it. Then let marriage just be the religious/covenant type thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I don't believe in being overly PC either, and it shouldn't be about being afraid to speak your mind because everyone has become a member of the thought police. I'm talking about self control and decency, as in only speaking your mind for a valid reason, not just to put down or be hateful to people for the sport of it, or to group people together that have no actual valid connection, in a negative way - like grouping lesbian soccer moms in with men who get it on with farm animals.

I'm not saying I think you should shut up either, obviously I want to hear peoples opinions or I wouldn't be reading threads like this. I never said "You can't say that!" and people who do are ignorant. Discussion and debate are priceless tools of an evolving society.

I like the Bill Hicks clip on kids, I think it sums up the mentality that has created the "everyone should win!" mentality you reference.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by maus80]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I would support that 100%. It's the common-sense compromise that nobody seems to acknowledge. I mean, gay people still have the ceremonies, some of them even with a religious angle. This whole issue boils down to the utterly retarded practice of now allowing two men or two women to merge assets/liabilities, while allowing a man and a woman to do it.

If I were gay, or a gay activist, I would organize a movement wherein homosexuals entered into heterosexual "marriages" with each other just to make a mockery of the whole thing. Pre-nuptial agreements could be signed to protect everybody. In fact, I might talk to some activist friends and put this in their ear.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Gay Hollywood has been doing that for years and years. Almost every "power couple" Hollywood has ever had has been an arrangement like the one you just described. It's pretty common outside of Hollywood too. Where there is a will, there is a way...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Carrie Prejean:
"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite...I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Keith Lewis:
"As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman."

She's giving her thoughts on the issue just the same as he did. I see no problem here other than his feelings being hurt because someone else thought differently than he did.

I really can't believe I just wasted my time typing that.

[edit on 4/23/2009 by Americantrucker]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

By the way I just want to add:
Thanks Miss California for giving your real opinion instead of just giving the "correct" answer in order to win. You will always be Miss USA to me.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

I second that, along with an S&F.

The question was based on an OPINION, and there is no right or wrong answer! These thin skinned cry baby liberals need to toughen up. I’m so sick of the politically correct bull that I could vomit.

BTW, what is it with the people in this country!!!!????

Heterosexuals don’t want to get married…

…homosexuals want to.

I just don’t get it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Another thing here, what's with the hypocrisy?

Liberals CRY "tolerance, tolerance!!"

BUT when someone states their opinion that differs from theirs they blow up!

HYPOCRITES!!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I guess now would be a good time to another beauty to the list.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

Originally posted by maus80

This is what cracks me up though. A lot of Americans are obese, a lot of black people like watermelon, and a lot of asian girls are good at math (including my own daughter), a lot of white people talk nasally and are uptight (including me)... so what is the big deal?

So now I guess I hate Americans, African-Americans, Asian Girls (lets add Asian guys too because a lot of them are good at math too), and white people.

Let me hate on more people. A lot of italians like spaghetti, a lot of foreign students eat Ramen noodles, a lot of Jews are good in business, a lot of Christians (which I am) are hypicritical.

Its ok a lot of people of different demographic groups have common experiences/interests/gifts/etc.. There is nothing wrong with it. There is nothing wrong with talking about it. It shouldnt hurt your feeling unless you are oversensitive. Its what makes the world interesting and its all in good fun. Just because some small minority of people use it in a trully hateful way to diminish someone doesnt mean we should all have to quit having a little good-natured fun with each other.
[edit on 22-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

But NOT a lot of lgbt's sit around going "We need to make some stupid PSA's whining about slang and how it hurts our feelings."
Sorry, still a fail.

The problem is obviously with negative stereotypes, and equating the negative behaviors of individuals with certain shared but non-related attributes, and ignorant double-standards. I just used "harmless" examples to not be a douche. If I saw a man and woman kissing on a bench in the park, I wouldn't go "Uugh, straight people need to quit shoving it in everyones faces...you know, I saw some of them on tv on a beach somewhere, screaming and wearing almost nothing this spring. They really are a nasty, obnoxious group." So why would I do that when I saw a couple of guys kissing, or dancing in thongs in a parade? I wouldn't, because I'm not a prick.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by maus80]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join