It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss California gets everyones panties in a bunch!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

If you found that funny.

Check out this one.

This guy has problems.

We live in seriously messed up times.

Anyways back on topic I still think that the examples being created for young people especially are disturbing as this shows and it is not discriminate to state your opinion when asked at a beauty pagent.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

wasent that the joke, i mean the guy or girl that got laughed of the stage on american idol. i dont watch idol but i saw it on some web site.

i think i found those videos more sad than funny. but somethimes sad is funny, example these youtube vids. why would people but crap like that of them selves on the internet. and wonder why people dont take them seriously. sad sad times we live in my friend.

thanks for the vids though. they made my day.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
The next thing is somebody will say they were born beastialic and so they should be able to legally marry their dog and on and on until people will just be married to anything.

I call BS, bigtime! An animal is NOT a consenting adult, how dare you compare the two?
The marriage issue centers around the rights of TWO CONSENTING ADULTS, not a human and a dog, rock, child, or alien. Give me a break already!

As far as "marriage should be religious only", ok then lets take away all of the legal rights granted to married couples, problem solved.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well Good for her!

I've heard others say that blacks shouldn't be allowed to marry and that different races shouldn't marry. It's sort of similar to what she said. We all have a right to our opinion I suppose.

I mean, some view gays and blacks as animals, so I bet they wonder why should animals be allowed to marry? I've also heard for example: A white, decent person wants to marry a savage black person, why should that be allowed under law some wonder.

Under their idea, I guess they have a point, since when can an animal get married?

[edit on 21-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by maus80

I call BS, bigtime! An animal is NOT a consenting adult, how dare you compare the two?
The marriage issue centers around the rights of TWO CONSENTING ADULTS, not a human and a dog, rock, child, or alien. Give me a break already!

As far as "marriage should be religious only", ok then lets take away all of the legal rights granted to married couples, problem solved.

Thanks for helping me make my point. See you are outraged because you think marriage should be between 2 consenting adults. Now remember it used to just be about 1 man and 1 woman and when that gets changed, it will be somebody wanting 1 man or 1 woman and a whatever.

I have already said that I believe marriage should be removed from the government thing and replaced with some sort of civil union that gives those legal rights. Marriage should be saved as a religious institution.

Plus I guess if I am going to be for 2 consenting adults having a civil union that its only right that when some guy wants to have a civil union with his goat that I say that is ok. Who am I to say he cant love his goat. Whose to say he wasnt born loving goats. Maybe when he was a little boy he used to put on a goat skin cap and get all freaky with it.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

If you listen to the whole answer to the question, she didn't sound at all smart. I have never really watched any of these competitions, but I'm pretty sure that one of the qualifications to win is to at least appear to be smart. She answered the question in a very not smart manner. Plus she doubted her self when she said "I think".

Oh yeah....what is an "Opposite" marrige??

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by unlikelycandidate

I dont really care whether she won or not. I think the point is that no one should be outraged by that answer. Most of the people at the pagent act like it is God given inalieable right for gay people to be able to marry.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I will tell you why there shouldn't be gay "marriage".

Name me a SINGLE country in the entire HISTORY of the world that lasted longer than 100 years after gays were "openly accepted" in their society.

Oh, and if you think you are going to say "the spartans" or "the greeks", you'd better think again, and re-read your history.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It comes down to the old saying, you shouldn't ask questions you don't want the answer to. Whatever she said would be wrong in some way

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The thought police have punished her.

Incorrect thinking will limit your freedoms and accomplishments.

Correct thinking will be rewarded and open doors.

Have a doubleplusgood day, citizens.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Geez, I normally don't give any attention to pageants or things that fall under the same glam/fashion entertainment umbrella, but I just had to put in my 2cents.
This Hilton character asks a valid question, doesn't like the answer then continues to call this contestant both the B and C words.
If this ain't a hissy fit, I don't know what is.
He then complains to Larry King that the "boos" were edited out of the broadcast.
How can audio engineers filter out "boos" from all the applause?
Why would the media even do this if they are pro gay to begin with?

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am for gay marriange, and I am also for free speach.
What confuses me is how dumb her answer is. What the hell is an opposite marriage?

[edit on 21-4-2009 by beautyfrompain]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Yeah that does seem out there for now! Wait until NAMBLA gets recognized and imposes there will on the populace. They will tell us its ok for a grown man to have relations and marry underage boys.

Ten years ago I wouldn't have thought this would be an issue. Now look at us.. Its pathetic! So many people have so many rights that no one has any rights.

A few years back they pulled a time capsule up in Detroit Michigan. The mayors only concern was that we would grow in righteousness. I bet he is doing flips in his grave right now.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

Waaaaaaa Waaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa
But they were born in love with little boys. You cant tell them who they should love or have sex with. Are you sexist, anti boy loving?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hmm.. I hope I'm reading this right...

Yes, I am anti boy loving, and God help the poor soul that tries to "impose" himself on my son. Weather he was born that way or not he would regret the day he was born. Not only would I die for my children, I would serve prison time for them also.

I assume you are being "funny". If not, understand I will do all in my limited power to stand against that organization. Born that way or not.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OMG has anyone seen how unbelievably hot she is ???? OMG not one of you on here has a wife as hot as her. She's smoke'n....

I didn't mind queer weddings before I saw her... NOW I'm so against it so I can impress her.

I'm gonna nail Miss California.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OMG has anyone seen how unbelievably hot she is ???? OMG not one of you on here has a wife as hot as her. She's smoke'n....

I didn't mind queer weddings before I saw her... NOW I'm so against it so I can impress her.

I'm gonna nail Miss California.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I'm not "enraged", just disgusted. Your argument fails, sorry but nothing is comparable to two consenting adults, nothing. If marriage is really about the holes and poles of adult humans, then so be it, but don't compare it to anything else unless you want to sound like a fool grasping at straws. Kids, rocks, pets, etc CANNOT enter into legal contracts. You fail.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I blame Perez Hilton for opening up a Pandora's box.
When you ask someone their opinion don't get offended if you don't end up liking it.
That's just dumb.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Be an adult and agree to disagree and move along.

She a pageant contestant not a politician. She's not going to be making laws going either way. This is a non issue that's probably gone on for too many pages.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

Just so you know I was just kidding. I would kill someone in a second if they touched one of my children.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join