It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Telecoms package threat to the open internet"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ok, first; this is my first topic, so i'm really sorry if i posted on the wrong category.
Second; I searched and found no topics on this, if one is created while i'm typing this then, again, i'm sorry.

Anyways to the point;

The internet as we know it is at risk because of proposed new EU rules going through end of April. Under the proposed new rules, broadband providers will be legally able to limit the number of websites you can look at, and to tell you whether or not you are allowed to use particular services. It will be dressed up as ‘new consumer options' which people can choose from. People will be offered TV-like packages - with a limited number of options for you to access.
Full Story

I thought that this is just another rumor on the internet, that nobody would possibly do something this stupid, but then i saw it on a front page of a "trustworthy" site and looks like it is real - Please, europeans, read the page and take some action before they say i.e that we can't come to ATS unless we pay extra 10€ for our ISP. (just an example.)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I fully intend to go offline and learn to live without the internet if they change it. It would be great if everyone just opted out. I bet they never considered that some people would just not put up with their control.

I'm not surprised to see this article. I expect to see an internet we don't like in the future anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Of course the internet will suck in the future if we don't protect it, and it's not all about the internet, freedom of speech also.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Found this site while looking on this subject, www.laquadrature.net...

top topics

join