It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your wall clocks losing time?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

coming from an old clock guy I would say if it happens at the same time every month it might need to be cleaned and tuned... if this happens at odd times there might be something else going on... like how I seem to lose the same abount of time over several clocks randomly... but not enough that if I wasnr an old clock guy... you'd never notice

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Huh, I just did a search for threads about clocks, time and magnetism and yours was top of the list. I've been having issues with my pendalum clocks coming to a stand-still at the exact same time lately. They both worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. I'm in New York. A far cry from Mexico. Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
so, just an interesting thing about clocks that are wired to the electrical grid. At one time I was living with a generator intstead of city power. The alternating current of the generator would make the time on the clocks speed up every day.
I know that wouldnt explain the pendulum clocks. But perhaps the electrical feild around the earth is changing and affecting other types of clocks?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hulahanna1968
Huh, I just did a search for threads about clocks, time and magnetism and yours was top of the list. I've been having issues with my pendalum clocks coming to a stand-still at the exact same time lately. They both worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. I'm in New York. A far cry from Mexico. Any ideas?

ya know I never figured it out...
since I posted this thread I've moved to Kansas and the problem followed me???

I don't know what's going on but something sure is...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
i woke up this morning to my kitchen clock (on the wall) stopped at 08.40 when it was only 06.40 so obviously the clock has stopped last night, not thinking nomore about it except i need to invest in a new battery for it. time went by and after a few coffees and cigs i started my daily routine when hubby woke up. we had another coffee and cig together and he went into the kitchen saying i see youve bought a new battery and set the clock right ..... wrong i hadnt touched the clock and there infront of my eyes my clock was ticking away on the exact right time off 11.10 . i dont understand how or why and the clocks never done anything like that before, theres probably a good explaination .... maybe i do need a new battery?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Strange thing.... it was about 4-5 years ago that this event happen to me. i just didnt really care...
but i found that it was really strange that all the clock lost time. so the hour hand would be on number 6 but the min hand would be like 15 min behind it. let me tell you ALL the clocks did this..... i was like wtf... i thought it was due to some solar radioactive or the moon. I have a clock that fixes itself when the time is wrong and that clock would keep spinning and spinning... i was like wtf is going on and it really never fixed itself.... so i had brought in a different clock that my dad had in his shop but his time were perfectly fine..... Idk if my apt is haunted or if i just witness a solar ray or a the moons gravitation pull on earth to reduce the speed rotation... HELP im freaking out

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DaddyBare

I have been having the same problem, however, my wall clocks that run on batteries gain time. I have gone through three digital alarm clocks in my bedroom with one of them doing very weird things: the color-changing light will turn off as soon as I get up to turn it off (without me touching it) but as soon as I lie back down it comes back on. I finally decided to let my son use this expensive clock as a nightlight and it works fine and keeps time just fine in his room 30 ft away. What the bleep? I then wasted money on 2 more digital clocks before I gave up and now use my cell phone as an alarm. I moved one of the alarm clocks to the opposite wall and it doesn't lose time as quickly say 5-10 minutes per week. The clock on my stove loses time but ever so slowly. The clocks in my older 2003 Kia Spectra always lost time. Since I bought my brand new Jeep in 2016 it also loses time, about 3 minutes per month. There has to be a scientific explanation for this. I also have a lot of glitches with phones, devices and computers so my cell phone alarm occasionally doesn't sound off. Or it vibrates instead despite being set correctly and at full volume. The next day it works just fine.

Please tell me what's wrong with my clocks. I'm guessing it has to do with electromagnetic frequency because I do have a slightly higher frequency when using an EMF reader. Why and what causes that and how is it affecting nearly all of my clocks?

Please don't tell me this is demonic. I really would like a reassuring scientific answer. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DaddyBare

Yes, about 5 minutes. I’m so used to it now that I just check my phone for the time.

Another strange thing is everyone I know can’t get the day right lately.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Weirdly all my non digital clocks did this and they are battery operated. Would not be normally strange but they did it all at once.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I bought a wall clock a few months ago and synched it with my computer clock to the exact second. My wall clock has fallen 5 seconds behind per month. I attribute this to designer flaw and human error. I'm not worried about it. Your story is interesting though and could you blame me for suspecting you of telling us a tall tale?
edit on 12-4-2022 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join