It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your wall clocks losing time?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxyMulder50
I think time is speeding up. People always say how the years are flying by, and how they seem to fly by faster every year. Maybe time as we know is speeding up because of universal changes or events. God knows what happens beyond our atmosphere. I fully believe its possible that we are losing time.
What an awesome thread. Good post!!

I am going to keep an eye on all of our clocks now.

Peace.

Peoples perspective of time changes as they grow older...
to a one year old baby one year is = to 100% of their life.
to a ten year old one year is 1/10 of their life
to a twenty five year old one year its 1/25 of their life
to a fifty year old 1/50
reach 100 and you guessed it 1/100th
See how your personal prospective changes as you grow older. its natural to think time flys because the older you get the less impact a single year has on you

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Automatic watches can lose or gain 3-5 mins a month. Automatic watches are not as accurate as digital battery operated ones. Check into it, look at your instructions that you received with the watch, it will state this.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Easter weekend all our clocks, the computer, two electric nightstand clocks, the display on the stove and microwave were all off by about four minutes, with no explanation. my husband and I looked at each other like it was odd but never thought about it again. To clarify, they all had been in relative sync and then strangely all had different times, varying about 4 minutes...the computer was 10 minutes ahead of the stove clock now that I remember it. It was very strange.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
Easter weekend all our clocks, the computer, two electric nightstand clocks, the display on the stove and microwave were all off by about four minutes, with no explanation. my husband and I looked at each other like it was odd but never thought about it again. To clarify, they all had been in relative sync and then strangely all had different times, varying about 4 minutes...the computer was 10 minutes ahead of the stove clock now that I remember it. It was very strange.

Now that's what I Found. its wasn't a gradual loss of time, it was more a wink and they were all off by five minutes...
Since I've reset all my clocks there running as they should.... go figure

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So whats the conspiracy here? here goes.....

Since the invention of atomic clocks etc. calculating the time has become a very precise occupation, what if the scientific minds have noticed that the earths orbit around the sun is decaying slightly.........

This would result in a reduction in the TIME it takes to orbit, resulting in a domino effect on how we calculate time....

Hmmm this could also explain global warming......

telling the populace this information could result in mass panic...

So to combat this every now and again atomic/worldwide/internet time is reset, put forward by five minutes....

So maybe your clocks not slowing down, maybe times speeding up!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about, however if your clocks all stop at the exact same time then perhaps you should either panic or turn to prayer, whichever works better for you.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
interesting. I have a rolex (not bragging)

By just posting that you have a rolex is bragging.

JK
............................................................................................................................................... ........

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yes, this is no mystery. That's why precision-engineered clocks are expensive.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Yes, this is no mystery. That's why precision-engineered clocks are expensive.

It's not mystery if you think time is a physical thing. Time isn't anything at all, except something we create in our heads. It is very plausible time is shifting once you realize time is nothing. Have you ever lived one moment of your life not in the now? We're always in the now, past and future do not exist, except for in our heads. Seriously take a second to consider this.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sh1fty

Time is an expression of the ego.

Without time, you cannot perceive cause and effect. Without cause and effect you cannot perceive yourself existentially. Ego requires existential perception for its preservation.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You know, OP, if you happen to be a believer of how our (human) perception of time is either steady or altered within schumann's resonance too is something to consider.

While your clocks may actually be the amount of time that has passed, it's possible that the mechanics by which the Naval UTC clocks and the vast majority of PC based clocks via NTP (Network Time Protocol) are vastly different.

Schumann's resonance implies that so long as a particular "heartbeat" between the ionosphere and the Earth's actual surface is present, it affects our perception of time. I can't remember the specifics to be perfectly honest, but I think normally somewhere in the vicinity of 7.8 hertz, if altered upwards would create the perception that time is moving faster, and opposite if the "heartbeat" slows down.

If we were to postulate that the same mechanics that drive the UTC updates are based upon a perception of time as opposed to a tried and true method of chronology (ie., in your pendulum clocks), I can't help but wonder if it would account for such a thing. To summarize, the perception of more time having passed = newer clocks; your clocks = mechanical correctness.

Again, this is just something to shoot by you as an avenue you may want to research. None of what I said is grounded in any type of reality.

AB1

[edit on 23-4-2009 by alphabetaone]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
this is undeniable proof that 2012 is real!
i remember reading somewhere about 2012 having strange side effects like time being jumpy.

for the record all my digital clocks are just fine.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I think that only happens in the Bermuda triangle. There are other electromagnet drifts that can affect things.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's true that clocks are losing time, but it's alright. The earth is expanding to the bursting point, and once that happens, our clocks will regain their accuracy.

I once read that a man with two watches, never knows what time it is.

Rolex or Timex.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Time is speeding up. It has been for awhile now and it is speeding up at an ever steadily increasing rate. This has actually been noticeable for some time now, but as time continues to exponentially speed up more and more, more people will begin to notice it.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Interesting, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this:

A few weeks ago, me and my partner went away for the weekend, when we came home the wall clock was exactly one hour ahead. Inititally I thought it had lost time overnight due to a dead battery (powered by 2xAA batteries) but 15 minutes later it had gained the right amount of time. So we didn't change the battery and thought nothing more of it than just a strange coincidence. The clock continued to work normally.

This weekend just gone we have been away again to the same place and on our return the clock was exactly 2 hours fast. Again I thought the logical explanation was that the battery was flat and it had totally stopped, but it gained time just the same and is still ticking now 8 hours later and has not lost one minute.

The next reasonable explanation I have is that somebody must have entered our apartment while we were away and changed it on purpose. Now I am pretty sure that nobody has a key who shouldn't have and it's a pretty secure place, also why would someone risk entering someones apartment just to change the clock?!

As this is my first post, I would greatly appreciate any thoughts

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by viber8

That sounds a bit spooky....

After my son died, six years ago... about a month later every clock in the house stopped at 11:58 the very hour he died... the odd thing was my alarm an old windup type went off at 3:30 That morning, but it too had its hands pointed at 11:58... At first I blamed the other kids playing around with the clocks but they assured me it wasn't them...

not long after I was at this parents of murdered children group and mentioned the clock thing and like four people told me they to had experienced something similar... I was told in fact it was pretty darn normal... now it only ever happened that once... but who knows maybe the dearly departed if trying to tell you something???

[edit on 21-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
First of all, very sorry to hear about your son.

The thought that had crossed my mind as I originally wanted to post in the "Paranormal Studies" forum.

The first time it happened a few weeks back, the heater settings changed at the place we stayed away, and I was the one who set them, on return they were totally different.

I said to my partner on the day that this was now 2 strange things that happened to do with time/numbers and that I was expecting a 3rd, but I didn't notice anything else, until yesterday when it happened again but with an extra hour again.

So I do wonder if it is some kind of sign, from someone or something, somewhere.

Thanks for the reply

[edit on 21-12-2009 by viber8]

[edit on 21-12-2009 by viber8]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by viber8

Well if it gives you any comfort I think I know what my message was...
was son letting me know, wherever he is know, is alright, and I will be too...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have a rather new wind up circular clock hanging on the wall in my living room. About once or twice a month my clock will fall around 20 minutes behind and sometimes as far as 50 minutes behind. I don't understand why it keeps doing it, I had an old grandfather clock in the same place before but it never did that, and I had this clock for around 2 years now and only recently has it begun to do it, like the past 5 months. I don't know what is wrong with it. Also the grandfather clock was 60 years old when it died and I had to replace it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join