It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many protests in London is getting annoying.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Maybe you could speak to the protesters; ask them nicely enough and I'm sure they'd be willing to get on their knees and bow their heads so that you may walk across their backs.

I find this post insulting and offensive. How dare you suggest that the OP dirty his shiny new shoes by coming into physical contact with those vile agitators. Why, they could be hepatitis carriers, bird flu infectees or worse.

[edit on 14f20091pmMon, 20 Apr 2009 17:21:08 -050008 by HiAliens]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
London is not the answer to the worlds problems, it has its own problems and so does every other country, now it seems people just complain because they can even if it has nothing to do with Britain.
[edit on 20-4-2009 by The time lord]

It is the capital and you're more likely to make the news, i.e. get publicity and raise awareness if you protest there than say.... Bognor regis..

And as somebody else, what would you have people do....?
Just accept things quietly and with no fuss... not voice concerns and make their opinions known?

I'm glad people take to the street and make their voices heard.... from the Iraq war, to Anti-hunt, to Poll tax, to The Gaza conflict, to the G20 protests....

They all had people who actually give a **** trying to do something to make a difference..
Granted you get trouble makers... you do anywhere.
But i would rather protest and try to do something..... than just bitch about everything on the internet and do NOTHING.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm going to organise a big protest to protest about all the protests. And then I'm going to organise another protest to protest about the fact that unlike the protestors, I can't afford to take time off work and travel to London to protest.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Granted you get trouble makers... you do anywhere.
But i would rather protest and try to do something..... than just bitch about everything on the internet and do NOTHING.

If people didn't protest - then we really would be walked all over
. This is how the peoples voice is heard, it has been for hundreds of years

[edit on 20-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ouch we're really laying into this guy. I want to say that we're being 'harsh', but he has advocated that people lie down and take what happens to them without grumbling.

OP listen up:

If you ever look around, out of your window, or on TV, and see a messed up world, and wonder why, it's because of people like you. We can all be selfish sometimes, I'm no Martin Luther King myself, but you have provided a typical example of selfish, snivelling, spineless behaviour. There are people in the world in a lot of pain. They are trying to do something about it, maybe it's too little too late but at least they are trying.
You are so elitist, uncaring and numb to the suffering of others that you don't want them to even rise up and defend themselves.

Secondly- you are defeatist and paranoid. You think that peaceful protests will be used to bring in an Orwellien police state, and that they are ineffective. This shows me you haven't got the slightest knowledge of history.

Third, to all the people who laid into him on this thread. I agree with you, but- what the hell are we doing having little bickering arguments about this on the internet? The Op is an easy target. I've decided to spend a lot less time on the net and actually get out there and DO SOMETHING. I don't want to be a mousemat warrior.

O.K. enough...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hay I am not that bothered by people's comments here, its just one side of my me that says maybe there is another way of looking at it. If I cared about something I would protest, so don't try and judge the whole thread on what kind of person I am like. All I am saying is how much can London take or the police? Will it take it's toll will the city change into a less free society or is it going to be so passive that they will let stupid laws comes into place that effects civil libities? By saying London won't become an Orwelian society is also a sign of passive blindness, little by little its becoming less tollerant of basic freedoms and invasive technology based on terror threats. Even without terror threat possibilities other foreign crimes have built up over newly introduced international communities.

I just hope the next protest does not involve a device that wipes out the whole city, some people love to protest in London the whole world community representing it now. Does anyone remember the protest of 7/7? I was not there my self but each protest to their own, some people express it in their own ways.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There are good protests and bad protests but how long before it becomes another Los Angeles of 1992. All I am saying is that it’s becoming less safe, sometimes it can be seen as fuel to start the fire they always wanted. If total control and regulations come into place it will mean people will have to have ID cards. They have been going on and off about that for a while, by the next few years the ID card maybe Microchip implants, who knows where technology will lead it to. This then brings the old Prophetic Christian fears of the Mark of the Beast. Even I by complaining is in some ways am agreeing to the fears that are brought on which means people like me but without the knowledge of the spiritual future will have people being herded in to accept such measures as Microchip Implants and hand scans because they feel defeated by the collapsing society.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
There are good protests and bad protests but how long before it becomes another Los Angeles of 1992.

It's already been that way, ever hear of the poll tax riots? Or the organized riots of the early 80's?

All I am saying is that it’s becoming less safe, sometimes it can be seen as fuel to start the fire they always wanted. If total control and regulations come into place it will mean people will have to have ID cards.

We're going to get those ID anyway, yes they're always looking for excuses to implement more totalitarianistic methods in their control of us.

But I would rather go down fighting it, than bending over and just excepting it.

As society becomes more rigidly controlled protests and riots are an inevitability, because when people are angry there is no other outlet for that collective anger. And riots DO work, take a look at Liverpool for example, after the riot in the 80's things changed a lot for the better as far as how the police treat the residents etc. The poll tax was scraped because of the riots.

The only thing we can do to get real change is to remind the PTB that we're here, we're angry, and we're gonna bash your system.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
But have people noticed the increased protests ahead of the 2012 Olympics in which they want us to have ID cards by then anyway. Is the 2012 Olympics going to be a sacrificial event, maybe people are waiting for something to happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Only when the protest ranks are filled with police and military uniforms will they listen.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Oops - I hit back and it put up another post ><

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The only thing that can get worse is if the security authorities and the military decide to fight back them selves but it seems a long shot before Britain ever becomes that way. The only thing to worry about globalisation is the threats on your home turf, if Britain gets involved in a war with Somalia for example, you will already have a population of Somalians ready to protest in the streets or even decide to war back on their adopted country. Meaning there is more chance of protest and tentions from minorities in which Britain if lead to a war or a political situation or cries for help more often than not. It is becoming the normality of the situation sometimes it involves anti-British or anti-freedom movements and the whole soup of society is not something that mixes and tastes well all the time. Is it down to the current climate of politics or is the world becoming worse and will it be anachy every week?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am a bit confused with Shri Lankans and their protests since they want the UK to go over and liberate or send troops over to sort out the conflicts.
It seems even if the problems are not even British related people still protest, and today there were protests even when the Tamel Tigers were defeated. So where is the dividing line or has London become the scapegoating of the permanant protest base, our problem or not? It was an illegal protest anyway and they have been there for a few weeks now.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by The time lord]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join