It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many protests in London is getting annoying.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am not sure where to put this thread and bet it will be moved.

In London it seems these days is the protest capital of the world, people who are not even British start their own protests about issues not even about the country. Apart from that how many protests can London stand a year, think of how many disruptions to traffic and how much policing is needed. All this does is turn London into a big brother state, people are being stopped from taking photos or filming. They have camera's everywhere now, every international race seems to protest about their problems.

I am all for free speech but how many protests can a city take? It's almost a meltdown, how do tourists feel how do local feel when every week there is a protest outside parliment and hundreds of extra arrests. I am just sick of seeing London being used as a base to everyone's answers to the world, its turning into a no go area, okay lets bring more illegal immigrants since that has become acceptable and when something bad happens lets put an ID card on your forehead just so we are all square. Can people see maybe its all trick to gain something further down the line like loss of freedoms and total control?

JUST UPDATED:

Anyway is it me or is London becoming the protest capital of the world, do people from America or any other part of the world have a regular city that they keep protesting to about, insight me, maybe localised news only gives people one view point.

I don't mind some protests I don't agree with all them though as there are always two sides of an argument. It's becoming a bit of a, 'oh not again.'
Have to admit I have not seen one protest actually stop the government from doing what they do, the war in Iraq, like that stopped for nobody. Maybe it sounds like I am losing faith in people power and it feels like the protests mount to nothing. It almost feels like this is what they want and to set a long term trap up.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yah you're totally right, instead everyone should just stay home and watch TV and let TPTB do whatever they want.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Yah you're totally right, instead everyone should just stay home and watch TV and let TPTB do whatever they want.

According to the OP's logic that's what it seems we should do in order to not disrupt "traffic" or everyday business.

Come on now, have you gone mad. Protests are now our only voice in this on going battle for our freedoms. As far as I'm concerned, if there isn't alteast 2 protests going on everyday in every major city, then we have failed as a society.

If you don't want your rights to be fought for, then yeah, just stay at home and tend to your pretty things. In the meantime we need to make sure you still have pretty things to go home to every night.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
London is not the answer to the worlds problems, it has its own problems and so does every other country, now it seems people just complain because they can even if it has nothing to do with Britain. So the more diversity London has the more Global protests they will have it seems. Next thing will be protesters from Mars.

The government will use the protests as a tool to restrict more freedoms and the more outside threats we let in the more insecure it will be anyway. It always works in their favour either way it seems it only plays into their favour.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Only if people such as you continue to think that protests are in their best interests. The PTB need the populace to remain ignorant of their plans and the policies they've been implemented.

Since London is the most controlled city on the planet, it makes alot of sense to stage all kinds of protests in such a city. It adds insult to injury. And yes London is becoming more diverse and that is a GOOD THING.

Regardless of what anybody wants to say our whole society is founded on imigrants coming from other lands in search of new opportunities, it's what makes the world go round.

I'm sorry friend, but protests will continue so long as we are being opressed and ignored. Atleast we are trying to do something about it.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

And yes London is becoming more diverse and that is a GOOD THING.

~Keeper

I do not disagree with your general post.. but that part made me laugh.
In a few years (maybe a dozen) you will all be practicing sharia law. (based on the change in population growth lately)
and protests will not be allowed (except for evil cartooners and US Flag burning)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If they put Sharia Laws up in the UK I am sure the freedom fighters will be waving their Bible's and protesting whilst all those who oppose it are beheaded. If the UK ever become under Sharia Law I would leave, I will be a refugee and go to Iraq where they now have democracy.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

You are very mistaken my friend. And to tell you the truth, would it be any different than what the Christians did during the crusades, and even as early back as 100 years ago?

And it will not happen, Sharia law is a religious system and would never be implemented or allowed to be implemented in a European or Western nation.

Also I don't know why you chose to single out Muslims when I said diverse, seems your opininon on the matter might be a little biased. In any case, nobody can tell me that diversity or additions of other cultures into a large meca city such as London is bad.

That only pushes the initial belief that we are all different and must be segregated by our beliefs and skin colour.

Simply ridiculous state of mind.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

You could always try staying in London but these days people would rather live on the outskirts and avoid those no go areas. Football holligans was one thing now its tribal warfare.

I would like to go to London more often, but I don't trust the place any more, it used to be happy travelling place now people are living in fear, getting the train is nothing simple as it used to be.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

London is not awash with tribal warfare!

London has a long and rich history of 'People Power'; marching on the King and then after the Civil War, Parliament, to petition for the rights of the people and bring about change.

I am glad that people from other traditions, cultures and nations have demonstrated their petitions in London. It has raised global awareness that social and political injustice is rife throughout the world, that the right to peaceful protest is denied by their rulers and that people are suffering for it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm on your side on this one, this whole Muslim going to take over the world crap is really extreme thinking haha, I see it a lot on ats.

I live in London, and I LOVE that it's a multicultral society, some people for some reason hate that, something to do with being too proud maybe.

But in my opinion a multicultral society is something that will make it IMPOSSIBLE for us all to be forced to follow sharia law, and to go out flag burning as a hobby lol.

The reason is because we as a multicultral society, we all grow up together, learn from each other, make friends from all religions and people from all over the world, have girlfriends from places all over the world, eat food from all over the world, all at the same place, London. This gives us an understanding of our differences etc.

Forced sharia law will be impossible if we are all friends with each other and learn to respect each other.

If we seperate ourselves from each other, only bad can come from that.

But if we grow up together and create relationships, only good can comes from this, any social problems because of race or religion we have right now is in my opinion only a temporary problem, because we are only in the beggining of this multicultral society, so as each new generation grows up together, the closer we all will be as the human race, without the seperation.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I totally agree with the OP.

The next time i feel a tad disgruntled, we'll head over to Wigan or Derby, or we'll find a hill in deepest Yorkshire.

That way we'll be unseen and unheard and we'll give the OP a little peace and quiet.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more old chum. All these commoners getting up and demanding better living conditions and dignity for themselves and family. Outrageous. Why can't they be content with a minimum wage job, shabby housing and no foreseeable prospects? Time was when the proles knew their place, now they're asking for equality.
How am I supposed to piddle about in my blinkered, tepid middle-class bubble when the great unwashed are out with their placards and slogans?
Why only the other day, I was bicycling back from the macrobiotic supermarket when I saw a group of Palestinians outside number 10. Asking for human rights, would you believe? I nearly dropped my muesli!
I say we bulldoze the lot of them.
Well said Rupert... rah rah rah!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

And yes London is becoming more diverse and that is a GOOD THING.

~Keeper

I do not disagree with your general post.. but that part made me laugh.
In a few years (maybe a dozen) you will all be practicing sharia law. (based on the change in population growth lately)
and protests will not be allowed (except for evil cartooners and US Flag burning)

I disagree with your post entirely Timelord, this will not happen in the UK. I am guessing you are not british or you would know the power of the people better than that

The government will do as they always do, and try their best to appease all cultures and religions - and its a hard task to be fair. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong. They get it wrong by implementing legislation that allows people to be exploited, and results in the victims on boths sides of the legislation feeling hard done by - when it is a problem that the government created, through greed and lack of foresight. They get it wrong by taking 'politicly correctness too far - again, sometimes it crosses a fine balance. Personally speaking they should leave the nation to it and back off a bit, people don't get offended by the trivial things the government/media focus on, to me its more offensive to 'feel' the need to hide your culture than to let it show, i think it's an insult to the intelligence of the entire nation.

I am however in agreement with this post

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
But in my opinion a multicultral society is something that will make it IMPOSSIBLE for us all to be forced to follow sharia law, and to go out flag burning as a hobby lol.

The reason is because we as a multicultral society, we all grow up together, learn from each other, make friends from all religions and people from all over the world, have girlfriends from places all over the world, eat food from all over the world, all at the same place, London. This gives us an understanding of our differences etc.

Forced sharia law will be impossible if we are all friends with each other and learn to respect each other.

If we seperate ourselves from each other, only bad can come from that.

But if we grow up together and create relationships, only good can comes from this, any social problems because of race or religion we have right now is in my opinion only a temporary problem, because we are only in the beggining of this multicultral society, so as each new generation grows up together, the closer we all will be as the human race, without the seperation.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

[edit on 20-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I live in a multicultural society, I am not entirely completely British my self, but have seen lots of tention and demographics of violence that invovle certain groups but I won't mention that here. Every society if its mixed will have its problems, tell me a country that does not? The difference is that once an establish country goes through centries of trials and tribultions of war and povety and they have grown as one people and then another problem lands on their shores it can drag back the tribal wars again. Not like Britain has any trouble with Scottish Welsh or the Irish already, okay just times that by another 20 we'll work it out in the next 100 years to come. It's a social evolution process no doubt, it takes time for the next layer to set, some get killed along the way with all this suffling about of equalisig peace in society.

Anyway is it me or is London becoming the protest capital of the world, do people from America or any other part of the world have a regular city that they keep protesting to about, insight me, maybe localised news only gives people one view point.

I don't mind some protests I don't agree with all them though as there are always two sides of an argument. It's becoming a bit of a, 'oh not again.'
Have to admit I have not seen one protest actually stop the government from doing what they do, the war in Iraq, like that stopped for nobody. Maybe it sounds like I am losing faith in people power and it feels like the protests mount to nothing. The only thing it does is put more control in the hands of the law makers who will slowly take your rights away.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Poll Tax protests lead to change. It was not immediate, it did not go far enough and the government of the day claimed all credit for having revised the orginal policy and creating a more equitable one.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
The Poll Tax protests lead to change. It was not immediate, it did not go far enough and the government of the day claimed all credit for having revised the orginal policy and creating a more equitable one.

It's a good point, but not seen much protesting changing anything since Blair and Bush have been running the show since the year 2000 onwards. Have people noticed that they don't listen any more, have times changed?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well I'm sure, if they could, the protesters would apologize to you for the inconvenience their issues are causing you.

There are a lot of issues these days that a lot of people are not too happy about.

Must be nice to have 'too many protests' be your only issue with the world?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
If they put Sharia Laws up in the UK I am sure the freedom fighters will be waving their Bible's and protesting whilst all those who oppose it are beheaded. If the UK ever become under Sharia Law I would leave, I will be a refugee and go to Iraq where they now have democracy.

No offense mate but I think you are taking the MSM too literally.

I suggest you turn off the TV, throw away the paper, get outside and meet and befriend some of these people you are now paranoid about, and you will see that your present mindset is nothing but media shaped hysteria designed to make you think exactly as you do now.

Everything we see happen is by design, there's the real world where banks control governments, and oil corporations invade countries, then there's the MSM world where terrorists and Muslims are hiding around every corner waiting to GET YA!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Maybe you could speak to the protesters; ask them nicely enough and I'm sure they'd be willing to get on their knees and bow their heads so that you may walk across their backs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join