It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Walkout as Ahmadinejad claims "Israel is a racist government"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

UN Walkout as Ahmadinejad claims "Israel is a racist government"

Western diplomats have walked out of a speech by the Iranian president at a UN anti-racism conference after he described Israel as a "racist government". The West that was complicit in it's support for Israel which Former US President Jimmy Carter describes as an apartheid state, could not stay to debate what was evident by their walk out, the truth

Mr Ahmadinejad, said Jewish migrants from Europe and the United States had been sent to the Middle East after World War II "in order to establish a racist government in the occupied Palestine".

He continued "And in fact, in compensation for the dire consequences of racism in Europe, they helped bring to power the most cruel and repressive racist regime in Palestine."

Statement by the Secretary-General of the United Nations on the remarks by the President of Iran at the Durban Review Conference
20 April 2009

I deplore the use of this platform by the Iranian President to accuse, divide and even incite. This is the opposite of what this Conference seeks to achieve. This makes it significantly more difficult to build constructive solutions to the very real problem of racism.

It is deeply regrettable that my plea to look to the future of unity was not heeded by the Iranian President. At my earlier meeting with him, I stressed the importance of the Conference to galvanize the will of the international community toward the common cause of fight against racism.

I further stressed the need to look to the future, not to the past of divisiveness. In this regard, I reminded the President that the UN General Assembly had adopted the resolutions to revoke the equation of Zionism with racism and to reaffirm the historical facts of the Holocaust respectively.

We must all turn away from such a message in both form and substance. We must join hands and work together to achieve a constructive, substantive agenda to combat racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Haha more like an 'US walkout'

Shows disrespect in my opinion, especially the two idiots with the clown hairs.

Maybe they couldn't handle the truth, or wanted to give the illusion that they were incredibly chagrined, but it made the Western diplomats look rather disrespectful.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The truth is that Iranian president lies. As simple as that. So since today is birthday of Hitler - Ahmadinejad celebrated it with style, i guess.
Nobody "sent" Jews to Israel. There was no independent Palestine. "Most cruel and repressive racist regime" in Palestine are Hamas, Ahmadinejad's best friends.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh geez.... Does this sound familiar?

We must all turn away from such a message in both form and substance. We must join hands and work together to achieve a constructive, substantive agenda to combat racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance.

Now, we can have a 'War on Racism'. It will be just as successful as the 'War on Terrorism' and the 'War on Drugs'. Bravo, UN.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So.....

Let me get this straight....

At the Un meeting on racism, Adem-A-Jihad goes off making fully racist statements.

We are supposed to take him seriously???

Also, his "facts" were nothing more than lies-no truth from him...as usual.

He is starting to sound as stupid as N.K's Kim.

new topics

top topics

join