It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Political "Right" Perpetuating a Conspiracy Against Christianity?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Octo, I'll give you this, you're reasonable. That is much more than I can say for many who subscribe to various forms of doctrine. I applaud you for that.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't intend on this thread to be a debate on the validity of the "Rapture" ideology. My opinion on that topic has already been meshed over several times on this board.

My point is that I feel like Christianity, as an institution, has been infiltrated and manipulated by some fairly misguided individuals. Now, I am not saying that EVERYTHING on the political "right" is wrong, because it certainly isn't.

However, I feel like they are trying to mix church and state. When one does that, you are treading a slippery slope towards a theocracy. As one can see, just by a simple glance at the Middle Eastern nations, a theocracy leads to corruption. I think we are already dealing with enough of that as it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

However, I feel like they are trying to mix church and state. When one does that, you are treading a slippery slope towards a theocracy. As one can see, just by a simple glance at the Middle Eastern nations, a theocracy leads to corruption. I think we are already dealing with enough of that as it is.

It's hard to not mix Church & State though. Bible Class 101 - 'thy kingdom come" and 'the government Will rest on his shoulders."

In my younger years, I believed in the seperation of Church and State but now that I'm older I realize that there is chaos with a lack of unity and we can't make it picture perfect here, without God's help. Every schooled Christian knows that someday a man will turn up who will seem to have the answers for the problem. He will come in on a platform of peace, which will lead to sudden destruction. Knowing that it is going to turn out in a preset way, people sit around and start scratching their heads "What are we gonna do?"

We all sit back and think to ourselves, the left is doing this and the right is doing that and we lose sight of the truth, that the answer is not in the physical but in the spiritual - not on the outside but on the inside.

SpeakerofTruth - we were made many promises by God and one of them is that we would All be taught by Him but most people (Christians) never take the time to really look into that, in an attempt to figure out just exactly how does he plan on doing that. You know, most of the people I've encountered in my lifetime still don't know what the real meaning behind the catchphrase "Son of Man" that Jesus used - is.

When more people start understanding, what I refer to as the 'deeper truths' the faster the answers will come. The Son of Man is how we will all, one day be taught by God. Some will catch on quicker than others and some will never know the truth.

As far as the rapture ideology, a big caution flag should be thrown up for everyone, when Jesus clearly talked about a narrow path and how few find actual life. But that's not to say something extraordinary won't occur for a few people before catastrophe after catastrophe begins. Remnants are always set aside and saved, from Noah to Lot - it's the number we aren't so sure of, but it's not going to be every person who wears the title of Christain.

There are many conspiracies going on against all of mankind simultaneously, all with the same tired worn out goal of keeping people spiritually asleep and in the dark. They've managed only to slow down the light because they knew from the beginning it could never be contained and they've known from the beginning - they lose.

I personally feel we live in exciting times, wheather we are the terminal generation or not, I can't say. God loves us all and wants us to know the hidden things not uttered since the beginning of creation!

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The separation of Church and State is something that is not even found in the Constitution. This ideology came about as the corruption of the Illuminati on our system grew stronger. God has no mandate for Him being separated from ANYTHING!
It is true that the Bible teaches us to be in submission to the Government and to follow what they say but NOT when the Government stands in opposition to the Word of God!
As Peter said, "Man should obey God and not man."

I have stated this many times recently and I state it again....

The Accuser is coming.

The persecution and the purging of the Church is only a short time away. The next "terrorist" attack is going to change the world much more than 9/11 did.

God bless. Please, get right with the Lord.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusSaves2008

Seperation of church and state is found in the 1st amendment. And it is done to PROTECT religion. Because if you allow lawmakers to make laws about religion, nobody will have freedom of religion.

It's the entire reason people came to this country, because they came from governments that DID make such laws and things.

Thus why congress is not allowed to make ANY laws regarding religion. AKA seperation of church and state.

Jesus was even in favor of separation of church and state. Render what is Caesars to Caesar... Refused to become a political king and so forth.

But please, keep on appealing to the authorities of this world and proving that you belong to the church of Satan.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Everyone should enjoy visiting Google or Yahoo and typing in "Roots of (Warlike) Christian Zionism." My two cents. Norylou

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I just want to clarify my position on the separation of Church and State before I get labled a member of the "Church of Satan."Lol

I agree there has to be separation between the two until He returns. It's the only way to protect everyone's right to worship how they want. In that sense I feel sorry for people who live in an environment where something like Sharia law is forced on them - when that's not their personal preference. It would be awful.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

The bible calls it church of satan.

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

I look at the works. And when you support wars and things, especially aggressive wars like Iraq, like the "christian right", then you have done things on a path of death and destruction, and that is not the path of Jesus. Thus church of satan.

Matthew 7

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity(sin).

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

(but thou art rich) -

www.biblegateway.com...

Proverbs 8
10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I came across this as I was digging for other stuff ...

More than likely it has been discussed before I am sure at ATS ..

It is pretty clear to me that the Christian right was played by politicians .
Especially by the Bush Admin ...Alot of us christians at that time saw it for what it was and did tell it as loud as we could to other Christians ..and were of course branded and banned from most message boards at that time ..
Because of course it is disturbing for them to even think for one minute that they had been played ....

In a nut shell it discusses the Dominionist /Masonic agenda and the speeches of Bush and the speechwriters purposes ...which was to use words (scriptures or closely related scriptural references ) that would get the bible believers attention to sway them into accepting anything that Bush and Co was doing as divinely inspired .

Anyway it is a good read and sheds light on what was said ..what was done and why it was done ...

defenderpublishing.blogspot.com...

Sorry in advance if this has already been brought up ...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Myrtles, believe it or not, I pretty much agreed with everything you said in this post! You verbalized it quite well.

I think that it is important for people to understand that there is an awakening coming. I believe that God does have a master plan; I just don't necessarily think that it's going to happen in the manner that the modern imagination has concocted.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008

God bless. Please, get right with the Lord.

Let me guess. To "get right with the Lord," I have to believe just as you do, correct?
Believe you me when I say this, my relationship with God and his Son is fine. Of course, I certainly expect you to have something to say to this, so, I'll wait patiently.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Jesus was even in favor of separation of church and state. Render what is Caesars to Caesar... Refused to become a political king and so forth.

Precisely. However, I am sure that someone will try to twist and manipulate the verse to mean something else. That is the problem with the bible. Two people can read the same verse and reach two diametrically opposing views of what it means.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
I came across this as I was digging for other stuff ...

More than likely it has been discussed before I am sure at ATS ..

It is pretty clear to me that the Christian right was played by politicians .
Especially by the Bush Admin ...Alot of us christians at that time saw it for what it was and did tell it as loud as we could to other Christians ..and were of course branded and banned from most message boards at that time ..
Because of course it is disturbing for them to even think for one minute that they had been played ....

In a nut shell it discusses the Dominionist /Masonic agenda and the speeches of Bush and the speechwriters purposes ...which was to use words (scriptures or closely related scriptural references ) that would get the bible believers attention to sway them into accepting anything that Bush and Co was doing as divinely inspired .

Anyway it is a good read and sheds light on what was said ..what was done and why it was done ...

defenderpublishing.blogspot.com...

Sorry in advance if this has already been brought up ...

Umm, it doesn't describe a Masonic agenda at all. It makes brief reference to:
- a phrase in a Bush speech which is also coincidentallly the title of a book which discusses the origins of occult Freemasonry (among other things)
- a Bush quote which refers to the Founding Fathers (some of whom happened to be Freemasons)
- The Great Seal, some of whose designers were Freemasons.

Please don't misrepresent what you are linking to. Considering Bush isn't even a Freemason, the "Masonic link" is even MORE irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Sorry but I believe Masons,Skull and Bones,Shriners etc etc etc ...all are connected .....

I know you dont believe they have anything in common and are all separate entities .....but I disagree ...
They are alot like the political system .Republican, Democrat etc ....they give the illusion of being opposites and even enemies ..but yet they have the same things in mind ..one just sets up for the other to continue the fiasco ......

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Unless you can demonstrate otherwise, I'm forced to go with what I actually know, rather than what you suppose.

Skull & Bones and Freemasonry's most significant commonality is that they are fraternal organisations. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Honestly, no offense, but I laugh at most of the anti-Masonic drivel. There are a bunch of accusations, but little meat.

Now, there is no doubt that there are some Masons who are involved in some shady things. However, that can be said of Christians, Jews, Muslims and Hindus as well. Unless you are willing to say that all of these groups are also involved in some "evil plot" then the anti-Masonic argument is somewhat null and void, in my honest opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I found another article that is somewhat related to the topic at hand. The left has also been infiltrated by this fanaticism. It comes in the form of Zionism, which in many regards is even worse than the Neo Con pseudo spirituality.

Think about it, he has to be. Anger, Jealousy, covetousness, vengeance, extreme bias towards his 'chosen people' in the Israel-Palestine conflict and against literally everyone else in creation; all these are hallmarks of the politics of a die hard Republican. Well, we should probably say were hallmarks of a die-hard Republican. Nowadays they are also the hallmarks of die-hard Democrats, the two-party system having long since given way to the unifying power of "Christo-Judaism" and the influence of their representatives on earth - the Washington Neocons and their Zionist friends.
Hmmmm

Folks, we are living in some pretty frightening and twisted times.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
due to the right wing pulling Christianity through the mud as they have, many people have grown angry and hostile toward evangelical Christianity due to the distorted view of it that's shown.

Actually, due to the sheer volume of idiots associated with evangelicals (Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggart, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, etc, etc, etc,) many people have grown angry and hostile toward evangelical Christianity due to the distorted view of it that's shown by the very proponents I have listed above. Sow and ye shall reap,...

Let me guess, these weren't real Evangelicals, right?

God Bless your blinders

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
reply to post by badmedia

You are not thinking rationally here.

Are you saying God did not actively particpate in the wars Israel has fought?

Are you saying he had no part in letting them go into captivity on more than one occasion?

Are you saying he had no part in bringing them back to their land?

You don't have just timbers growing in your eyes - but actual trees, with roots.Lol

You are spiritually blind or you would understand how anointings take place and God works through people to bring about his will.

I somehow believe if Jesus was here right now he would mix up for you a bit of spit and mud to fix those trees that have taken root in your eyes.

Or perhaps he would smite you for presuming to know his mind.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Well, the Christian right does not have anything at all to do with the Freemasons. Most of the Christian "right" are Christian Zionists. For those who do not know what Zionism is, here is a pretty good explanation:

In its current form Zionism seeks to dominate all of Palestine and the Middle East by means of violence and the threat of violence (using weapons manufactured and purchased with billions of dollars of "aid" supplied by the United States at taxpayer expense) and to maximize its influence in world affairs and in world history, principally by means of control of the government of the USA (primarily by blackmailing its many corrupt politicians), at the expense of the social wellbeing not only of the Palestinians but of the peoples of all lands.
Zionism

Most Zionists believe that all Jews have to be returned to the land of Israel before Christ can come back. Yeah, I know, ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join