It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

future evolution of man?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Maybe Atlantis was the peak, then Egyptian era, Babilonian. After that everything went downhill...

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler Maybe Atlantis was the peak, then Egyptian era, Babilonian. After that everything went downhill...

IMO, we've been going downhill ever since the first genius thought to use a stick to knock fruit out of the trees instead of jumping for it like everyone else...

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
i agree very much with your theory which i think conisides in some way with mine being that biogenetic experiments by aliens originally created man by interbreeding with early man which means it would stand to reason that will one day fully evolve into the body and mind structure of our fore fathers
have a nice day late

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Uhh...Rainbow Orgasm,

Is that your caricature to the left of your post?

If so...oooh la la

pleasantly deleted

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What an interesting thread.

Look at the 'evolution' so far (not real evolution) and we are getting bigger, height and weight. Also we are using our brains more, this is probably the last generation who's parents have physical labouring jobs.

Uderlying it we are adapting to the physical condions of our lives, sure we are bigger and healthier but we havn't grown any more fingers for typing or anything signifigent like that. We are just adapting to our environment.

The gains we have made in the last few 100 years could easily be reversed and our decendents could return to the small malnourished individuals as easily as we developed out of it.

So far there has been no sign of "evolution" I read that earlier huminoids wold fit in happily into our society, just some facial bone differences.

So if you want to see what we look like in the future, look at the environment we will inhabit and see howwe conform to that.

I predict for the 1st world ...

1 Renewed enphasis on exercise as the effects of overwieght begin to be noticed on the health system.
Our jobs are less and less active resulting in us having to compensate with more exercise.

2 We will be more "body conscious" even now fat males are seen as more stupid in a scientific article I read - less blood supply to the brain. So we will carry more muscle and be leaner to an older age, givng longer lifespans and less illness. Fat people will be stigmatised like the smokers of today.

3 Food is going through a silent revolution, fast food is declining, healthy living is gaining acceptance, unless GE food has a nasty side effect we will change as a pop into more healthy eating styles. Anyone here still cook the types of meals your parents, or grandparents did? The heavy working dishes will be memories like Steam puddings and full roast meals ... mmmmm

So we will start to resemble the adonis ideal with replacement parts cosmetic surgery etc more common the body will begin to take on its more "ideal" shape unencomboured by ill health or sickenss.

... but this is NOT evolution .... we are just adapting to our environment

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Funny, I always thought that tool-usage & the development of techonolgies over the millenia was for the purpose of adapting the environment to us.

...Considering how much damage we've been doing to the environment, we're either going to have to reverse that trend or it'll be the extinction of us.

BTW, Rainbow Orgasm's avatar is a pic of the animated deskmate called Tahni...You can download a variety of deskmates (trial versions are free) at www.tahni.com...

[Edited on 10-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by deleted
Uhh...Rainbow Orgasm,

Is that your caricature to the left of your post?

If so...oooh la la

pleasantly deleted

My thoughts

Ummmmmmm

There are still talanted artists in this world...

www.celebrity-cartoon.com...

[Edited on 10-3-2003 by Tyler]

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
They actually use old-fashioned cell-animation techniques...None of that new-fangled high-tech CGI BS...

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We're not getting better, just taller. Our ancestors were at least as smart as us - they created the atomic bomb.(Just read all sorts of historic texts) They had a nuclear war and the remaining peoples banded together and formed what we see as primitive civilizations - the Incas, the Egyptians, the Mayas....
The same thing is probably going to happen again, and our descendants will see our relics and come to the same conclusion about us.

[Edited on 12-3-2003 by wannabe]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join