It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion has conditioned us that a one world government is bad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

At the time I read your post I noted that you had 1666 ATS points.

The problem is religion's dual-edged nature. It can divide or unite. If it teaches one to to see themselves as above or better than another in order to justify heinous deeds, then it becomes a tool of satan-- his favorite tool, the wedge. If we actually abide the lessons contained therein, encoded in various allegories, then we will be more gentle, like the lamb and know not war nor scarcity.

I see the truth of what you speak but in a very different way. When man follows divine truth, he many unite under a higher calling without the need for worldly coersions like government.

That's hardly a complete assesment but says enough to point in the correct direction and should enlighten you to the fact that not all are as ignorant of the truth of the matter as you may think.

Be careful where you are chucking those stones.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudler
I am not religous and do not believe in the antichrist. I am all for an united world without pointless division as race, religion and culture. But a world spanning government would be problematic. Too much power woth too few people. Too much beuraucracy. A world united without a centralised government, preferably with none at all, that's more to my liking.

not religious? do you believe in spirit?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I thought that religion itself is about a one world government.

They say that when Jesus comes back he will rule the world and that there will be a thousand years of peace.

No one will explain why only 1000 years.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well yeah we all believe in the same transhumanist ideal as the poster but sadly he has no idea that the one world government being planned right now runs very very contrary to what u believe or would like it to be,besides in every courtroom there's a judge and a jury and lawyers,it wouldn't be fair if there was just a judge and no jury or lawyers,so a one world government would have no balance,or something to keep them in check and order.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Okay, allow me to address the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ since nobody has done that for you. When Jesus returns the second time, he will defeat satan and bound him in chains for 1000 years, thus allowing the saints to help Jesus judge people at the first ressurection. This can be found in revelation chapter 20, verses 1 thru 15. Satan will be bound for a short time(1000years), and then turned loose again to see if he can deceive anymore people before the 2nd ressurection. The reason for this is that the Kingdom of Heaven hasn't been brought down yet, and God hasn't come back yet either! Now, after the 1000 year reign, and the judgement has taken place, "THEN" the Kingdom of Heaven comes down and God will walk amongst "HIS" people! This is revelations chapter 21! NOw, here's the big finish that I have never ever heard any preacher preach on, and that is this. Did you know that when God comes to earth, and all the judging is complete, Jesus will give up all his divine supernatural powers back to his father "God"? This scripture can be found in 1st Corinthians chapter 15 verses 24 thru 29! Now did any of you folks know this? Jesus will give all his powers back to God, and he'll sit at the right hand of God on the throne! Jesus will be just like you and me, except for the fact that he is God's son! If you have anymore questions, I will gladly answer them for you.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The problem with a one-world government is that it would try to create a monoculture, too many people would have power, any despot that got in could destroy things for good.

It's not religion so much, it's a monopoly. People need to respect other cultures, not destroy them and make one big global culture.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

God never created religion, "Man" did! God sent his son (Jesus) to establish a relationship with man. Satan, after the fall of man in the garden of eden, manipulated man's spirituality, which paved the way for ole lucifer to create a divide between the flesh that be. This is still going on today, though many don't want to admit it. Satan is a demonic being that is using a human body form of any person that will allow him to and promising great things in exchange for the use of that physical body. God made satan crawl on his belly in the garden of eden, and said that he (satan) would do this for the rest of his days, hence the need for a human body. When Jesus was in the wilderness for those 40 days, satan appeared to Jesus in spirit form, showing him great kingdoms he could rule over if he (Jesus) would worship satan! This is exactly what's happening now with our global leaders. They have been promised a life of luxury in exchange for their souls. Look at Obama right now, he's giving amnesty to bush and co for their use of torture just like bill clinton done for all that iran/contra bs that happened back in the late 80's! And just look at the lush lifestyles those families have lived while the rest of us have had to scratch just to eat and keep a roof over our heads!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Star trek also has a lot of crap. It's not necessarily good.

Even now a days writers of star trek have been actually divulging into the purity of such a world government.

Star Trek is fiction. In reality humans are not that pure.

I am convinced that the first alien encounter humanity will have will end in us colonizing and taking over their planet(s) for resources to fuel our own early type 1 government. And I don't think anyone can stop us. We are simply too strong and resilient to be stopped.

So I ask you, why is it that a world government would be a good thing? In the 90s and 2000s, the US stood as the inheritor of the world. With the USSR gone, the US stood alone as the world leader. Look what happened. Are you sure you'd like that on a global stage? Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Star trek also has a lot of crap. It's not necessarily good.

Even now a days writers of star trek have been actually divulging into the purity of such a world government.

Star Trek is fiction. In reality humans are not that pure.

I was only using it as and example of what could be, similar to the religious views on this thread

I am convinced that the first alien encounter humanity will have will end in us colonizing and taking over their planet(s) for resources to fuel our own early type 1 government. And I don't think anyone can stop us. We are simply too strong and resilient to be stopped.

Hmmm that is only if the aliens we encounter are more primitive than we are.

So I ask you, why is it that a world government would be a good thing? In the 90s and 2000s, the US stood as the inheritor of the world. With the USSR gone, the US stood alone as the world leader. Look what happened. Are you sure you'd like that on a global stage? Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Well I suppose our alternative is to blow each other to kingdom come over the resources that are left in the world. Or is it possible to unite as one global people, under one banner? and it be good?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The real question is: what is next? A two world government? A stellar government? A single galactic government? Total federalism is unsustainable at all levels of political transaction. There has consistently been substantial dissent on behalf of the constituent parts of the U.S. since its inception, and all that conflict has only occurred over a land area of approximately 1.9 billion acres. All the countries of the world should have equal access to process and participation on the international domain, but no supranational entity should govern responsibility for the parts that make up the world in the first place. The problem is with your definition of one world government. Do you mean to say we should establish a representative, legislative body for the entire planet? That is both absurd and irresponsible. More decentralization, more transparency, and more accountability is the actual right answer. Allow our worst politicians to be tried for their crimes by an international tribunal; this will set a precedent for future regional leaders, a clear message not to abuse the privilege granted to them to rule.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
ever read "shadow run"governments fail,corporate has the power,and the money. this is more likely. maybe some day a one world government will work,but not any time soon.we are to greedy as a spices.to.........barbaric.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's not about religion.

The fact is, a One World Government has tremendous potential for good, but also tremendous potential for bad.

If it were run as.. well, any form of government, the Iron Law of Oligarchy would eventually kick in (This has happened in the us?
)

Either way, it's just not a good idea. Greed always infects everyone.

To Ohzone - I believe the thousand years of peace are due to the fact that the Devil must (leak out of or come out of) his cage for a short while after a thousand years.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by ShoopDaWhoop]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

No, the aliens could be more advanced. All it requires is an edge of a few seconds, really.

What if the civilization is more advanced, but on a galactic middle ages? Like with China and Europe. China was always superior, it just got lazy and tired, and so the more primitive Europeans won, along with some innovations they made quite quickly.

All I'm saying is that aliens, if they exist, most be at a low point in history because we can't tell they exist other than us seeing them visit, supposedly. If they were so advanced, we would have detected large moving metallic masses by now.

Also, we can continue to co exist. Why does there need to be a world union to go into space? Why can't there just be 2001-like space exploration with different nations helping each other and working together, or fighting if they do wrong.

Unity is not necessary for space. More than likely early Earth colonies will ask for independence and Earth will always be alone, a single world with her citizens spread across the stars under other nations.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
One world government is not bad, and when nations join together in the light of day with the ideals of freedom and prosperity for all - then we may truly have enlightened government of the world.

However one world government that skulks under cover of darkness, usurps citizens rights, acts to preserve the privileges of the few, and destroy the freedom of all.

That body should be torn to pieces, under the merciless eye of justice, along with all those who labor in its name.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

What's wrong with a one world government?

One is reminded of that long ago character on Saturday Night Live...The Church Lady, and how she might handle this thread, like this - Well, well, well, and what does your dragon avatar and your name mean? hmmm...could it be LUCIFER DRAGON FIRE...hmmm.

Amen sister!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Oh geesh, now I'm having "samurai warrior" flashbacks.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How can you not be afraid of a "One World Government"?

One group of people, that rule over the enter planet's population? Sounds stupid to me. We already have enough corruption in Washington, The Posible corruption this could bring would be unthinkable.

Plus if they started making such brash laws that I could no longer take it, where will I go? I can't leave. Im a.... Prisoner?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

well said my man. In the end, some will believe, and some won't. It's the wide open path versus the straight and narrow. The wide open is easier, hence more people follow that.
It's hard to speak the truth, but in the end, the truth will always win. keep on telling the truth, as there are those that do believe.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well, I attend church every week, and have my entire life. I have never heard ANY comment one way or the other about a one world government at all in church, or in our church bulletins.

Are you perhaps talking about a few TV ministers who, as political figures, posing as religious leaders, rant about the NWO, and at the same time, ask for donations to "combat" the NWO, or ask to buy their books about the coming NWO?

It is sort of like the infomercials that are pushing the handy-dandy $19.99 gadget that will do everything for you, including make you rich. The only people that get rich are selling the gadget or their books on the NWO.
That is not religion. That is snake oil.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I think he means Revelations, where the devil rules over everyone, and if you don't accept the mark of the beast, you die.

Can someone clarify?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join