It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shortages of ammo and gun accessories cropping up nationwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Shortages of ammo and gun accessories cropping up nationwide

www.mcclatchydc.com

"People are panicking and buying," said Furtardo, assistant manager. "The crime rate is high, and they are flat scared of what is going to happen in the next few years with the economy and the country. Manufacturers weren't prepared for this."

Retailers and consumers say there may be several reasons gun stores are running out of ammunition – and the cost of what is available is rising. There's a widespread expectation that Obama's administration will follow through on a campaign promise to reimpose an assault weapons ban. Some people fear that taxes on ammunition, guns and other firearms-related materials might drastically increase, as they have on cigarettes.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-4-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So there seems to be a dual-fold effect fueling this monster sale on fire-arms: Both an economic, crime increase-related necessity ( as more and more people are becoming jobless, homeless, and desperate turn to crime), and the current admin's totalitarian gun-grabbing rhetoric and threats---Both seem to be driving this push of arm sales through the roof.

But now we're seeing some things being mentioned here about manufacturers running out of supplies, and the COSTS on the verge of going up...Perhaps by design?

Strange times we're living in...

www.mcclatchydc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is something I wrote in another thread here about this issue. Being in the arms business as a consultant I get first hand how true this OP is!

"I've read in several firearms forums and have talked to friends who work in the industry, and Bushmaster, in Maine, is back ordered by 'One Million' rifles plus orders for other parts to existing weapons for spare parts!
DPMS is back ordered more than 14 months. Del-Ton has moved to bigger facilities to try to catch up. Olympic is as near backlogged because they are the only builders of left handed AR-15's. Seems that maybe there's even more to the mindset of buying than just investing. Peoples guts are telling them that what they hear from Washington ain't exactly what they have planned for us!"

The cannot and won't expand to fill these orders for parts any more than they have to because to invest in the space and equipment and then have the market slow for what ever reason, would tax them to death for all the unused manufacturing ability.

Zindo

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
We're not seeing a shortage of guns down where I'm at... but we are starting to see a shortage of reloading supplies. 150 grain .308 is all but impossible to find, haven't tried the internet. Im currently using the 125 grain to help keep my local mom and pop gun shop afloat.

Actually now that I think of it, they were out of 9mm luger completely... plenty of .223 and .45 though...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I beleive that people are buying guns and stockpiling ammo for more than a possible "Assault Weapons Ban pt 2".

I think that more and more people are waking up to the realization that there is going to be another revolution or Civil War in the US.

Part of me hopes that neither will come to pass, while the Patriot in me hopes that it does.

Our country needs a REBOOT and more and more people are waking up!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Old news, many posts on here about this topic. The shortage is widespread. Everyone I know including myself is stocking up for two reasons. The main is because Obama and Congress is seeking a new AWB and Obama himself has stated he would like a 500% tax on firearms and ammunition. My second reason for preparation is the pending economic collapse. Obama is fueling this by adding more useless debt on our shoulders. At some point the world will switch the reserve currency away from the Us dollar. Crime will go through the roof and hunting will be more commonplace to put something on the dinner table.

So my two main reasons are the anti-2nd Amendment Executive and Legislative branches, and preparation for the economic collapse.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I wish I could somehow get into the industry here in Oklahoma. Know of any manufacturers around here?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I wish I could somehow get into the industry here in Oklahoma. Know of any manufacturers around here?

Amigo, the only ones I knew of are since defunct. The two I knew of there where high end rifle makers that made Remington Hepburns for the Black Powder shooters and one built custom rifles from Mauser actions. Sorry!!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

join