It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Most Powerful Stargazing System - E-Merlin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The first stage of the switch-on of one of the world's most powerful stargazing systems has got under way.

Seven radio telescopes around the UK have been linked with optical fibres, allowing scientists to probe deeper into the Universe than ever before.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Neat, I can't wait to see what they find! Man these new rules really blow, especially since I have nothing else to say.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I wonder if they will make all the images available to the public.....surely the would be able to get really close moonshots and mega high resolution and other astronomical bodies....

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by booda

I wonder if they will make all the images available to the public.....surely the would be able to get really close moonshots and mega high resolution and other astronomical bodies....

The newly connected installations are radio telescopes, not optical telescopes, so they can't supply the images of "alien bases" on the moon. But they can listen to the chatter, if the aliens revert to the ancient way of conveying info with the help of electromagnetic waves. This medium isn't that efficient, as even primitive species like us found out. That's why the radio astronomers replaced microwaves with optic fiber to look deeper into space.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
learnt something new again.....so with this technology, do you think it will allow us to go much deeper into space or will it just allow us to see what we already see in fine tune....

top topics

join