It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Stress Test Results LEAKED!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
On the tickerforum site Icelander makes reference to the link below. He says that Turner got the information from Martin D. Weiss, Weiss Research. It is a long article but it has the same information as Turner posted. I have no clue about who this Weiss is but I thought that this info should be posted since this person asserts this as Turner's source.

blogs.moneyandmarkets.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
wow wow wow I'm really scared, what should I do with the money I have saved in my bank? Should I take them all out?

The only good reason to do that would be to use it to invest in a value commodity. The only one of THOSE that would be worth it's salt would be gold, but gold (and commodity trading/investing in general) can be a tricky business and don't go there lightly.

The major reason for doing so would be having value to trade IF TSHTF. And clearly it would be advisable to keep that in a safe, not a safe deposit box just in case you can't get to it during a "bank holiday". However, unless you have more than 250,000 in an account, at the moment I wouldn't raise the panic flag just yet.

AB1

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

proved to be false by you or... some liberal blog?

I suggest you take a look at CITI's balance sheet and the window they are borrowing at currently, also look to emerging markets to see why this is all bearish, BS, conspiracy blah blah blah..

Gov has already stated CITI will not fail

Goldman Sachs is prob. the strongest positioned bank/money pit in the world. Not to mention their traders. I suggest you all stop reading huffington post etc...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

they want to make you scared, sell off everything you have in the market to them, they will take that, and short those shares.. then before you realize it, you sold at the low and you are buying at the high again, repeat process...

dont fall for it

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by alphabetaone

they want to make you scared, sell off everything you have in the market to them, they will take that, and short those shares.. then before you realize it, you sold at the low and you are buying at the high again, repeat process...

dont fall for it

Yes, I'm full aware of how the commodity trading process works, but thanks.

I was simply replying to another poster about the only real good reasons to even consider withdrawing all their money out of fear.

AB1

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I feel that the leak is a scare tactic also.
However.....Martin Weiss and his father, Irving ( I remembered that name from long ago after reading the mention above) are interesting fellows to say the least.
Irving has since passed away, son Martin is alive and well and appears to be quite the connected free thinker.

Link below:

www.martinweiss.com...

Peace...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
wow wow wow I'm really scared, what should I do with the money I have saved in my bank? Should I take them all out?

Do what you can to prepare, then don't worry about it. Stressin' doesn't help, and actually impedes your thinking when you need it most. You need to have a place to go to, when the shtf, away from the metropolis. Get access to water, and maybe a way to make it drinkable. Even if things don't go bad, you should have a store of food stuffs set aside, non-perishables. Date with a felt tip pen, and rotate every time you go shopping. Get it in bulk from Costco, or even Smart n Final. Don't just get neccessities, but also some luxuries, like chocolate and coffee. And alcohol. Also some non-edibles, like TP and soap. Maybe a gun and some ammo. If nothing happens, fine. If an earthquake or typhoon, or tornado, you are ready. Gold is not what you should do now; get silver coins. If you can, get gold coin collectibles, very fine condition. They will always gain value, over time. Many nuke power plants are under construction world wide, and even tho the depression has halted some for now, they will eventually need uranium, so I still think that is a good bet.
Personally, I am now wanting a large solar panel and a windmill to generate electricity for myself. One should be encased in aluminum foil and buried, against an NEMP attack that would take out all electrical stuff not protected. Permanently, not like Oceans 11. That was Hollywood fiction.
Think; personal protection, food, water, shelter.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

see my above post - as well as the biggest 5 week gain since the 1920-30's in the markets - so you are obviously well informed

you mean Recovery, our last chance at seeing 1100+ was in september. before hand it was a stable flow, Hence Expansions and new jobs abounded.. To haveing an all time low in November which gave a peak at what it is today as a standard. Then we wonder why restructering is going on business at this time..

Maybe if we start to boarder 11000 again, I might reflect into the market as a puller on stustaining jobs ... Def not Expanding. But I clearly do not see this happening at all.

markets are forward looking, if they are going into equities, look for a rebound in retail 6 months down the line.. and again, what constant decline are you speaking of?

We do not have the ability to sit and wait for this market to be the shinning light to sustain us.. What Jobs losses ? is this even a question atm? I do not know of any retailer atm who is not going through a restructer To cut back on pure costs... Besides Walmart. PNC division in our area laid off 30 employees in our area just last week. another retailer chain has done the same as well slashing departments head count to minimum.

There is no positives that i know off. Other then one could take the pop up on Small business to take advantage of "Bailouts" But no worries our fuhrer has this problem planned out.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here is a link to Martin Weisses website, he seems pretty legitimate.

www.istockanalyst.com...

Here is a link to article where he details the problems with bank accountability.

www.istockanalyst.com...

I did some research, and it appears he was investigated by the Securities and Exchange, and made a settlement for violation of the investment advisers Act, for being an unregistered investment adviser and the production and distribution of materially false and misleading marketing materials.

www.sec.gov...

This could mean anything, from he is a crook, to the SEC doesn't like what he was doing, and he made the wrong enemies.

Huffington also has an article about how Goldman Sachs has hidden a billion dollar loss in December from their books through some accounting trickery. She cites sources, so it would be easy to prove. What she points out is that Goldman Sachs is going through considerable effort to get their execs bonuses, even to the detriment of their investors. Not a big Huffington fan, but this seems to be a pretty good article and worth the read. Chances are, a lot of banks are working to get out from the government money in order to get their execs bonuses, to the detriment of their clients.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Goldman Sachs became profitable again -- by pioneering a new round of accounting tricks. In its report on the first quarter of 2009, Goldman claimed a profit of $1.8 billion. How did the banking giant do it? By magically making December disappear. In September, as the financial crisis worsened and pressure from the Fed mounted, Goldman switched from being an investment bank to a traditional bank holding company. As part of that, it had to change its fiscal year -- it used to end in November, now it ends at the close of the calendar year. That meant Goldman's latest report didn't include December -- a month in which the bank lost more than $1 billion. As reported by Floyd Norris, this billion-dollar tidbit was not mentioned in the text of the company's press release about its "profitable" first quarter -- it was buried deep inside the tables that accompanied the release.

Take, for example, the underlying reason Goldman is raising $5 billion in stock. They desperately want to repay the $10 billion they received from taxpayers as part of the TARP program -- not because they feel bad about taking it but because the TARP money comes along with restrictions in executive compensation. As Nassim Taleb puts it on HuffPost: "This is a masquerade. So long as Goldman Sachs may need us again in the future, whatever bonus they are paying today is a bonus that may be covered by the taxpayer tomorrow."

And, as one of The Nation's readers points out, if Goldman were really looking after their shareholders and not the bonus pool for a handful of executives, they might think about using that money to pay off the $10 billion they owe Warren Buffett, which is costing Goldman more than the government's $10 billion due to the better deal Buffett cut for himself than Hank Paulson cut for taxpayers (a whole other reason for outrage).

The biggest problem is, how much are retirement funds going to lose out on all this accounting trickery.

There clearly needs to be some serious reform of the banking and investment laws, and a return to the way things were more securely regulated back in the 1970ties.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If you believe the stories about the banks or not, try using your own common sense. Listen to your gut feeling. Mine tells me we are headed to a gigantic cliff, and creep ever closer each day. I predict some simple news story, some simple event will happen relating to banking, and a collective consciousness will all of a sudden say, "I think I better get my money out of the bank now". And a run will happen very quickly.
Start taking your money out NOW. Slowly but steady, cause when it starts, the bank door will close, and the banks' computers will not allow you access. You know it's coming, and you feel it in your bones. There is no way to sustain this giant ponzi scheme. Your gut is right. Common sense--you know there isn't enough money to go around , even when Joe Sixpack starts taking his pittance out. It ain't there.
Use your common sense--have weever been in such dire straits?? Do you believe the government when they say you have nothing to worry about?? Do you believe them when they say everbody's savings are secure up to $250,000?? There isn't enough money to go around for everyone--it AIN'T there..
Do your own thinking, no matter what side of the fence you sit on. Don't believe anything "they" tell you.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bldrvgr

see my above post - as well as the biggest 5 week gain since the 1920-30's in the markets - so you are obviously well informed

you mean Recovery, our last chance at seeing 1100+ was in september. before hand it was a stable flow, Hence Expansions and new jobs abounded.. To haveing an all time low in November which gave a peak at what it is today as a standard. Then we wonder why restructering is going on business at this time..

Ok.. well as you are still in your shell the market rebounded as per the TA i was providing.

Tell me how you are basing what we see in the S&P.

Maybe if we start to boarder 11000 again, I might reflect into the market as a puller on stustaining jobs ... Def not Expanding. But I clearly do not see this happening at all.

hahahaha... 11,000???? if we hit 11,000 soon that is all in the rear mirror.. if we see 11,000 15,000 is not far away. but i hope we see this soon as well... I think we may see this by end of year possibly based on a few things

markets are forward looking, if they are going into equities, look for a rebound in retail 6 months down the line.. and again, what constant decline are you speaking of?

We do not have the ability to sit and wait for this market to be the shinning light to sustain us.. What Jobs losses ? is this even a question atm? I do not know of any retailer atm who is not going through a restructer To cut back on pure costs... Besides Walmart. PNC division in our area laid off 30 employees in our area just last week. another retailer chain has done the same as well slashing departments head count to minimum.

There is no positives that i know off. Other then one could take the pop up on Small business to take advantage of "Bailouts" But no worries our fuhrer has this problem planned out.

Thought you were talking about continuing losses in the market, not job losses.. and it doesnt matter who is doing what in your hometown.. dont look to your small sector of the USA for the breadth of the rest of the country

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Where2Hide2006

How is any of this bad? 10 times credit exposure is normal. Anything under 1000% is great. What is with the all the consternation? There is absolutely nothing wrong here.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
You want to stick it to the banks that are screwing us, take your money and put it somewhere else, try a local bank, just get it out of these sinking ships, don't wait for FDIC, it will justify the governments role to let it go that far, just move your money out and save as much as you can.

Do it before the bank holidays start, this game they are playing maybe nothing new in history, it happens so often it almost seems like a joke now.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by bubbabuddha]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

No, it's not normal to have several hundred percent exposure to derivatives. It is normal to have several hundred percent of a banks deposits on loan, but not in risky investments, and certainly not in derivatives.

Derivatives are nothing but a gamble, it is like these banks have serval times their entire worth out on the craps table. These banks don't have their deposits loaned out to a promise to pay from a credit worthy customer, and they are especially not backed by any physical assets. The banks have several times their net worth out on a debt that the market will go in a certain direction.

www.investopedia.com...

What Does Derivative Mean?
A security whose price is dependent upon or derived from one or more underlying assets. The derivative itself is merely a contract between two or more parties. Its value is determined by fluctuations in the underlying asset. The most common underlying assets include stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies, interest rates and market indexes. Most derivatives are characterized by high leverage.

Futures contracts, forward contracts, options and swaps are the most common types of derivatives. Derivatives are contracts and can be used as an underlying asset. There are even derivatives based on weather data, such as the amount of rain or the number of sunny days in a particular region.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by poet1b]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join