It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine arrested at Logan

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

US Marine arrested at Logan

www.boston.com

A US Marine was arrested today at Logan International Airport after federal airport screeners discovered a gun, bomb-making materials, and ammunition in his checked baggage, State Police and Transportation Security Administration officials said.

Davis said TSA was "actively investigating" why the gun and explosive materials were not detected during the screening in Las Vegas.

Reed's bags had to be screened again at Logan because baggage handlers inadvertently routed them to baggage claim instead of onto his connecting flight to Charlotte.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hmmm. Sounds eerily familiar to DHS description of extremeist right-wing military veterans to watch out for. It's interesting that the bomb making material wasn't found in Las Vegas but WAS found in Boston after a series of very unlikely circumstances.

First, they didn't find them in Las Vegas in the initial screen.

Second, they "mishandled" his bags leading to...

Third, a screening that wasn't a normal screening and was only done because they "mishandled" his bags.

I smell something fishy here. I'm not saying that "they" did this to show that the DHS report has merit... I'm just saying that it could have been for this reason.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
ohhh yes...this stinks!!
Perhaps he was a plant to see if he could or would get caught.
The screening details are askew.
Hmmmm.....there should be more news and comments forthcoming.

Peace...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gyrochiral
ohhh yes...this stinks!!
Perhaps he was a plant to see if he could or would get caught.
The screening details are askew.
Hmmmm.....there should be more news and comments forthcoming.

Peace...

I doubt he was a plant or they wouldn't have arrested him. It is possible that the material was planted on him though.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm not buyin it, especially so soon after that damn report was leaked. This stinks and it stinks high up.

If he would have really had that in his luggage they would have found it at the first screening.

Convienient that they "mistakenly" sent his luggage to the wrong place so it would have to be checked again.

Convient that he just happens to be a marine.

I hope he gets himself a damn good attorney, no way they should be able to nail him with this, if they found it when he first went through the first checkpoint yeah, but not after that luggage was out of his possession, especially more than once. That luggage passed through way too many hands and there were way too many opportunities for those items to be planted.

I think maybe Janet is taking just a little bit too much flack for that report, especially after that lawsuit and now they're trying to justify it by setting up military personell as scapegoats. I wonder if one will be enough for them, or will we see it again, or will they also start targeting well known right wing activists, anti abortion activist, etc.

They really think the whole of the American public is gullible.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

He definitely could have done this himself but it's just way to coincidental that this happens right after all the flack over the DHS report. It is fishy for sure....

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ya, Its April 20 expect something to happen. Todays the big day for terror events every year. Its Hitlers birthday. Everything happens on 420.This happened just to scare people. IMOMKO.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by dntwastetime]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's legal to fly with guns and ammo in checked baggage as long as they are declared.

It's fairly common for people to be stopped in airports with firearms in carry-on baggage that they've forgotten they had packed and usually there's little made of such incidents.

I'm not too sure about the model rockets and their legality for air travel, but you can probably get those at any hobby shop.

It's not uncommon for service members to decide to take home a souvenir or two and that may account for the grenade fuse.

That would be the clearly illegal aspect and probably the reason he didn't declare the otherwise legal stuff.

He might be a right-wing nut job, but until there's more evidence, I'm going with idea that he was merely exercising poor judgement.

One thing's for sure, he's in some deep do-do now.

[edit on 2009/4/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes it could all be his stuff, i just talked to a neighbor that ia a TSA agent at O'hare who said they always find people with guns in their luggage that they say they just forgot was in there. But also agrees that it seems suspicious that it was not detected at the first checkpoint.

I just think the timing is a little to coincidental and convienient, also the mishandling of the luggage leading to another checkpoint convieniently allows for someone to have tampered with the luggage.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
now that the right wing extremist memo came out, we will see a lot of soldier arrests in order to gain "support" for bigger things such as gun bans.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by chise61

He definitely could have done this himself but it's just way to coincidental that this happens right after all the flack over the DHS report. It is fishy for sure....

How could he have done it himself when the bag was not in his possession?

The bag was screened, and they found nothing, the bag was out of his reach, the bag suddenly went to the wrong place, out of the Marine's reach, and then they screened it again, and found this.

I have to wonder what the Marine has to say about this.

Like others have said, this is waaay too convinient. More so after the lawsuit of Janet Napolitano regarding this very issue...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Story stinks, wasnt in the bag when they checked it the first time. Hope he gets a good lawyer as well. Also Im just sitting here thinking military personel wouldnt be this stupid.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
A real terrorist wouldn't have packed everything he needed into one set of baggage. Moving sensitive material piece by piece as the law allows for it is far safer and more effective. Hiding things in plain sight and all.

Couple this with recent "extremist" memos and I'm gonna have to call BS.

[edit on 4/20/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm not surprised AT ALL they missed it in Vegas. I wish I could count the number of times we took something away from someone (before TSA) and they said "But it went through with no problem!" Screeners miss things all the time, and regardless what anyone tells you, the TSA is trained worse than private screeners EVER were.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This does sound a bit fishy but I could see how something like this could happen. I only fly about 10 times a year now days but when I do I almost expect my bags to end up somewhere strange. That or they get damaged.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It really makes no difference how poorly they are trained. Even if the materials were in his luggage they missed it at the first checkpoint. Once it left that first checkpoint and went into the hands of airline personell he lost responsibility for it's contents. Too many people handled it after that, and there were too many oportunities for tampering and planting evidence.

Kind of like when the police handle evidence from a crime, it has to be handled in a certain way so as not to break the chain of evidence. As i said earlier it's just to close to the release of that report and the subsiquent lawsuit to be believable, especially under those circumstances.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I KNEW IT!

The hijacking yesterday in Jamaica, and now this? They are fear mongering again, and using the airlines to fear us all into some sort of other crazy measure in order to "protect" ourselves.

It makes no sense that they would have magically caught him in Logan but not in Vegas and that his bags were accidentally sent to the wrong place and those materials were found.

Secondly, who is dumb enough to bring these things on a plane in the first place? Especially a US Marine who obviously would have the knowledge of security and check procedures.

Wow, they are really pushing a big one here.

Edit To Add: I'm sure they'll just chalk this up to inadequate security and attempt to raise the bar again by profiling and detaining random people.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/20/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yes I'm sure that they have people just waiting for a military person's bag to come down the chute so they can put something in it. Have you ever worked ANY airport? Ever been in a bag room when they're busy? They can barely keep up with putting the bags onto carts, let alone finding time to pick out one particular bag, put something in it, and then put it on the cart.

Not to mention how many times we had bags go through that we caught entire training grenades in them because their "friends" thought it would be "funny" to slip it into the person's bag without them knowing before they got to the airport.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Secondly, who is dumb enough to bring these things on a plane in the first place? Especially a US Marine who obviously would have the knowledge of security and check procedures.

Oh man I needed that laugh. You have no idea the things people try and do take on planes. We've had people try to take outboard engines packed in a box, with fuel still in the tank. We used to joke that people going to Guam on the M/W/F morning flight were smuggling a car because they always had car parts in their carry on bags. We saw weapons galore, and MANY times we found dummy grenades in military bags, that they either didn't know were in there, or forgot they had.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This sounds to me like the beginning of a false flag operation to target DoD service members as radical extremists, and to start Obama's own private army.

[edit on 4/20/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join