It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Solar Meltdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The catastrophe, when it comes, will be beautiful at first. It is a balmy evening in late September 2012. Ever since the sun set, the dimming skies over London have been alive with fire.

Pillars of incandescent green writhe like gigantic serpents across the skies.

Sheets of orange race across the horizon during the most spectacular display of the aurora borealis seen in southern England for 153 years.

Rest of story here: /decwsq

Chuffer

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Good read, thanks. While reading it I was thinking about myself and my family, and what exactly would we do in the event. If this does occur, and by that article it is quite obvious that it will, it will give new meaning to the term "chaos".

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good article, although the picture that accompanies it is ridiculous.

Someday we're going to get a flare on the scale of 1859, and it's going to be disastrous. Just like we know that someday the "Big One" will hit California, Yellowstone will blow, and all sorts of other scariness. The question is when.

I've been fascinated by the Aurora Borealis ever since I saw them for the first time in November of 2001 (gee, can't tell that from my mini-profile background or anything). Beautiful red and green waves and ripples washing over the sky--breathtaking!

Where was I? Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We were at a solar maximum then, so increased activity wasn't particularly surprising. However, there had been no warning or suggestion that the solar activity could create an aurora visible as far south as Texas, Alabama, and Georgia. That's what worries me--are they going to have any idea it's coming before it smacks us?

Right now I'm more concerned that the solar activity is so low, but once we start heading back towards a maximum, then it will be on my mind.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
seems like scaremongering to me!

just look at that picture of London with the sun so big! lmao.

How would a peak in solar storm activity and increased sunspots cause the sun to look that big from London? pure bs it would not.

I have heared and read talk about how the satelites could be affected, its a bit like the y2k problem, scientists dont know if it will happen, but are preparing just in case.

so much dis_info leading up to 2012, I wonder what the real reason is?

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Sparkey76]

top topics

join