It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet ANOTHER Tea Party Video You Will NOT See on the MSM

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I love it! I am so glad they boo'd him.

I attended a Tea party in New Jersey on tax day and I hate for the Media portrays us as a republican movement because we truly are non partisan and non racial. We had democrats, republicans, old and young, white and Black!

The media either doesn't get it, or they are afraid of it.

This is a NEW political party being born, long live the TEA PARTY!

Flag for the OP!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The original "tea party" was over taxation from the Mother country and refusal to allow the 13 colonies to have their own representation i.e no taxation without representation. British colonialism, Monarchy and empire building - Not "let criticise the President because he's a liberal"

See Tea Act 1773, which resulted in the direct action protest by colonists in Boston on December 16th 1773. Then the creation of the Continental Congress, Peyton Randolph (in theory the first President of the America) and the rest is history.

I still have no idea why these "tea parties" are considered anything like the Boston tea party or revolutionary for that matter

exactly. and these tea parties are about our nonrepresenting representatives. in other words, taxation without being represented. This is about all of the false campaign lies not being tolerated ANYMORE!!!!

The campaign promises are what we go by when electing our REPRESENTATIVES!!!!

They continue to say whatever will get us to choose them as our representative and then do whatever the hell they want....

We're tired of it and the tea parties are telling them that we're tired of funding their power with our taxes when they don't do what we elected them as our representatives to do and instead use the misnomer that "everyone KNOWS that campaign promises don't mean anything"

Big capital B.S. Campaign promises are what make them our representatives, if they don't follow through on their campaign promises, they cease to represent us and are taxing us without representing us....

Hence taxation without representation....

JAden

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Is it just me or am I the only one that sees these tea parties as lame and fake. Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't move me.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Teeky]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Caller: " Those tea parties looked like KKK rallies"

Talk show host- " This is race-baiting at its worst"

Talk show host off-air- " I could have just told him, those were all taxpayers, but I didin't want to entertain his thoughts"

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Read the Declaration. The Tea Act was such a tiny part of it. There were standing armies, whose soldiers would often rape women, burglarize and pilliage homes, They would kick people our of their homes and the soldiers would move on in. In some parts of the New World it was Law that the people would involuntarily quarter soldiers. The Declaration doesn't even come close to listing all of the grievances suffered.

That's what the first tea party is about. Today, these modern Tea Parties are an analogy. It is letting the government know that we don't want to kill for our freedom, bit were damned sure willing to.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The American people are "waking up"?? Where the # have they been for the past eight years? If the people were protesting then (a very real possibility), then why didn't alternative media show more of it? I only saw a tiny handful of protests during the past administration. Of *course* MSM didn't show these; but mostly neither did the alternatives.

Why, all of a sudden, is this stuff being aired now, and where was it during Bush's term?

Something just isn't adding up here - or maybe I'm paranoid?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I'm glad to know there are reasonable minded people NOT letting this turn into a partisan membership drive.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
infinite: It is taxation without representation, when our elected leaders pass a bill they dont even read.
Just because the people above them want to pass it as fast as possible.

[edit on 4/20/2009 by Tentickles]

That must be the Patriot Act you write of.

All the main cable news outlets tried to spin this in some way, not fooled, but I'm sure some were.

The 4th of July might get interesting this time around.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
Tell that idiot to go home...
They all need to be torn down..
We are going to restructure this damn Country Again...FOR THE PEOPLE..BY THE PEOPLE

Just dont follow the current admin and we will do fine.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
And by the way, why are we purposely trying to draw a line in the sand saying that all politicians in DC are trash? We have Ron Paul in there as well as some others but you people are just calling for outright anarchy it would seem often times these days.
Who is to say that there aren't some good people left there that might simply be too scared to do otherwise? Some of them are simply asleep as some of us have called it. Wake them up, not all Representatives are non-representing. Some just need a good talking to. If it's a new Congressman who is going in after winning an election against the old guy why not just give them a good talking to before they get caught up in everything. Not everything is a conspiracy in the movement of politics and not everyone is involved.
Talk about paranoia.

First off, this politician was booed because he voted for the bailout. People were holding accountable for his actions as opposed to his rhetoric. What is your problem with that?

Also, I love the fact that you say not everything is a conspiracy, as if to belittle those of us who believe in what you call conspiracies. Heres a wake up call, all of us Crazy Conspiracy Theorists were the ones who predicted this financial collapse. In fact, I have learned more verified factual news from this site that I ever did in years of watching the mainstream media. So please try to not be to condescending to us.

I will agree however that there are a few good politicians, and that even some of the ones I disagree with aren't purposefully bad, they are just asleep as you put it. However, where do you get off saying we shouldn't hold them accountable and instead be sympathetic and talk to them. Heres a note for you: ITS THERE JOB!!!!!! If I fell asleep at my job flipping burgers, do you think my boss would just calmly talk to me? No, I would be fired. Why should it be different for these people? They should be judged for there performance, and myself and a growing number of people think that there performance is wretched.

Lastly, before you criticize people for wanting to throw out nearly all members of congress, why don't you think of the consequences of having corrupt or inept governing bodies. Peoples lives are being ruined, freedoms are being taken away, and countless have been killed all because of the actions of our government recently. Perhaps you would tell a poor family that can't feed their kids or the widow of a soldier that died in a illegitimate war that they need to lighten up and give our politicians a break.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
well.. when every STOPS VOTING.. for EVERYTHING on all the ballots.. maybe then they will get the message..

do NOT vote.. you have the right NOT to vote....

That shmutz sounded like Bush and every other puppet in congress.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Grambler, I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America. The Constitutional Republic and not a democracy.
It is outright hypocrisy to try and get the Constitution back to it's rightful place by simply throwing out the politicians en masse, what people are advocating is mob rule otherwise known as democracy which is not what the Founding Fathers intended for. If you want to properly do things then you take them all on a case by case and give them their due rights as individual citizens.

Have you thought of the consequences of having no government? It would not end well and would incur unnecessary casualties on all sides. The breakdown of the system outright is not the way to do things. I do not see anyone with actual plans for a temporary plan for governance while the people tear each other apart after getting done with the politicians.

The absence of a significant governance would create a power vacuum where anyone could move in and seize power simply under the guise of "restoring peace and order." The UN or some other group would benefit from this as a seizure of power over dominance on the world stage. Other countries would see this as a chance to assert power on a global stage claiming the same exact thing. The European Union could take it as an excuse to solidify itself fully and begin making it's way to globalization as a peacekeeper.

I am all for Revolution but it has to be done the proper way, otherwise far too much will be gambled all at once for something that can be done without all of the rioting, violence, etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Who said anything about no government? It seems you took offense to people in this video, and all they did was voice their dissatisfaction at this man for his actions. That seems to be a case by case situation, which as you say is good. No one suggested anarchy whatsoever, so I have no idea what you are talking about. I personally was referring to voting out or impeaching every horrible politician we have, (which is most of them) and holding them criminally accountable when applicable.

You seemed to say that we should cut people a break even though they are inept and corrupt, and I simply argued that is a terrible idea. In that world, no one will be held accountable, and nothing will change, and we will continue to have a republic where only lobbyists have a voice. Now I'm not advocating anarchy, but given the choice between it and what your suggesting, I think it would be a toss up.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
The American people are "waking up"?? Where the # have they been for the past eight years? If the people were protesting then (a very real possibility), then why didn't alternative media show more of it? I only saw a tiny handful of protests during the past administration. Of *course* MSM didn't show these; but mostly neither did the alternatives.

Why, all of a sudden, is this stuff being aired now, and where was it during Bush's term?

Something just isn't adding up here - or maybe I'm paranoid?

As a UK citizen what you said is exactly what I noticed...why now? Surely after 8 years of mismanagement of the country these "parties" should have occurred during that time. The new administration has only been in office for 3 months and took over a total mess , jesus, not exactly time to sort anything out!

This is quite clearly an orchestrated anti Obama protest masquerading as a non partisan demonstartion and the gullable are falling for it.....

You are being duped. Find out where the money is coming from.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I can not believe how the auther of this post and so many others want to make this a party political event....wake the hell up....it just does not matter what side of the isle, they all need to be reminded of there roles...and it is not as our masters....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join