It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Society: "The Great White Brotherhood"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It is known variously as "The Brotherhood," "The White Brotherhood," "The Great White Brotherhood," and "The Solar Brotherhood," and it also goes by a handful ofl other names.

This is usually descrobed as a group of supernatural beings of great power, sometimes called the "Ascended Masters." They have human followers who are carefully selected and initiated into the group or one of its lower associated sub-organizations.

This particular set of ideas seems originally associated with the 19th century Theosophical movement (founded by Helena Blavatsky) as well as other more contemporary groups and belief systems that fall under the general "New Age" rubric. The concept of "Ascended Masters," in particular, has a very strong connection with Blavatsky. Another Victorian-era thinker who posited the idea of a secret organization of enlightened mystics guiding the spiritual development of the human race was Karl von Eckartshausen.

A figure known as "Maitreya" is often associated with this stream of thought. Originally, Maitreya was an orthodox Mahayana Buddhist figure that first began appearing in Asian religious literature several thousand years ago. However, more recently the name has been taken over and warped in various ways by certain "New Age" thinkers. These days you often hear of "Maitreya" identified as a kind of "second coming" savior-type being, or (conversely and usually by anti-New-Age Christians) as an antichrist wolf in sheep's clothing.

This line thought also has connections to the Lucius Trust group and attempts to instil a "One World Religion."

I'm not sure what to make of it all (other than the fact that I dislike and mistrust this type of thought on a gut level), and it seems slippery and hard to pin down.

Here is a collection of links related to the Great White Brotherhood:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Any related comments, other links, ideas, etc. are welcome in this thread.

[edit on 4/20/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
You can't have one religion. That is no fun. Communism is no fun.
You have to have multiple religions so they can struggle against each other for amusement and profit.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This also smacks of the teachings of Thule, and by de facto, the Third Reich.

However...

A one world religion is not impossible. They are all fragments of the same thing, they all reflect different facets of the same teachings.

Zoroaster... Mohammad. Jesus... Ytzamna. 4 arch angels, 4 clan spirits, 4 bacab. Gates... bridges... levels... circles.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
You can't have one religion. That is no fun. Communism is no fun.
You have to have multiple religions so they can struggle against each other for amusement and profit.

You know, i started reading and thought hey he knows it, then i read onwards and just got disappointed, amusement is funny, when religion is/has/will be responsible for countless deaths stretching hundreads at least of years 'amusement' doesnt spring to mind there, profit id agree with. the evidence speaks for itself, personally i regard money as the whore of babylon, it will ultimately destroy us if we continue to worship it as, and lets be frank here, most humans especially in 'developed' economies do. as far as the great white brotherhood is concerned, its a vast subject, looked at objectively as the good soothsayer above mentioned, it incorporates every kind of saviour and despot alike, perhaps it may cover the paradoxical good and bad aspects of life the same way as the righteous man sees his hope and inspiration i imagine it would do quite the same to a despot, as we were shown with hitler especially, even very evil people believe in something! perhaps the human race was always supposed to be in between heaven and hell, i ask you when is the easiest time to see a light shining forth? the answer is simple... in the dark

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
At first glance, I thought this was going to be something on the order of the KKK. I'm glad I read it. S&F for the information. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
You can't have one religion.

Why not? I mean, isn't just 1 out of the 4500 (or so) religions on Earth correct, while the other 4499 are wrong? They ALL can't be correct, what with all their different conflicting dogmas. Get rid of the 4499 that are obviously wrong and force everyone into the right religion and maybe everyone will get to go to heaven one day, ha.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Divinorumus]

new topics

top topics

join